Is it original Jaqen?

At first with the black guy changing into Jaqen I thought surely it wasnt the same character but rather the guy just changed to that face, but Arya doesn't seem to have any idea of that despite seeing all the faces that are used.

Has there been any suggestion anywhere as to if this is the original Jaqen from Season 2 or just the same face?

Only on a personal level would I like to think that it is the kindly man just using the face that Arya would recognize.

Producers don't seem to care when they combine character and buff up the role that a great field guy like Jaqen might be wasting his time holding cups for old and infirmed. I have watched the after episode guides and D&D just refer to him as Jaqen and not Kindly Man, Faceless Man, guy with face of Jaqen, etc

Would like to see more of real faceless man character to find out things like what he was doing in King's landing and what is doing in oldtown

I wanted to see the part in the book, where his face was like a worm filled skull. I still think that is what he actually looks like, I don't think he has a proper face at all any more, so often has he changed it - kind of like Michael Jackson's nose.

Whether he's Jaqen or just uses his face, it contradicts the fact Arya needs to break from her past. Showing a familiar face that triggers memories and certain feelings go against what he is asking her to do. I know the producers probably wanted to use a familiar face (npi) but it makes the character a bit of a hypocrite.

I think ShowJaqen is just about the only positive adaptive decision made this season. The economy makes sense on all levels. Actually, I would almost go as far as to say complaining about Jaqen as the kindly man is a good benchmark between those with constructive criticisms of the show and those with an axe to grind.

I think ShowJaqen is just about the only positive adaptive decision made this season. The economy makes sense on all levels. Actually, I would almost go as far as to say complaining about Jaqen as the kindly man is a good benchmark between those with constructive criticisms of the show and those with an axe to grind.

I like the actor a lot. I was glad he was seen in the first episodes Arya was in. It provided a good explanation of how disposable a face is between the FM.

But then, when it was made more obvious that Arya needed to get rid of his past, Jaqen's presence became a problem. She was not supposed to feel connections anymore and Jaqen was something she cared about. It contradict the premise the same character was setting up for Arya. This is not "axing" the show, but it proves once more that they have little care for the rules of the show alone.

JCRB - I can't disagree with the argument Jaqen as a representative is antithetical to the FM attempts to have Arya absolve her identity. My point (which admittedly I worded provactively) is in the Show universe, when considering it's inherently streamlined and bereft on time for characterization, employing the same actor as Arya's mentor makes a ton of sense.

I like the actor a lot. I was glad he was seen in the first episodes Arya was in. It provided a good explanation of how disposable a face is between the FM.

But then, when it was made more obvious that Arya needed to get rid of his past, Jaqen's presence became a problem. She was not supposed to feel connections anymore and Jaqen was something she cared about. It contradict the premise the same character was setting up for Arya. This is not "axing" the show, but it proves once more that they have little care for the rules of the show alone.

I see it just the other way around. It's a bigger test for her to have a familiar face from the past. So it makes her process harder, which is something I think the FM would do.

At first with the black guy changing into Jaqen I thought surely it wasnt the same character but rather the guy just changed to that face, but Arya doesn't seem to have any idea of that despite seeing all the faces that are used.

Has there been any suggestion anywhere as to if this is the original Jaqen from Season 2 or just the same face?

Well book wise we never get a name for the man, called Kindly Man in the book, so might just a well be a familiar character.

Of course it could be someone other than the original Jaqen who has taken Jaqen's face.

Then we don't know if Jaqen Hagar is Jaqen or even the original!

One supposes that the FM do have a name day identity , which they could show anytime, assuming any 'face' at any time, who would know?

Maybe the council of FM, who I don't think we will ever meet on the show know.

George has not explained many things about the FM , book wise, and he many never.

I thought they did not teach proper english in braavos when I first heard him talk.

It was only this season I realized why he talks like that.

Arya probably will never reach "a girl" status.

Anyway since he is the same guy I'd like to see him fight rather than walk around in a robe.

TV watchers probably think it is the same person, but book readers should suspend that belief, and accept that the 'kindly man' is simply using Jaquen's face. Now a book reader would know the kindly man would probably not intentionally look like Jaquen, but it is conveinient for the TV people to do so (and not have to hire another actor!)

Interview at Yahoo TV .

So ...here is Wlaschiha saying something that was put forward by some people after season 2. He's come up with it on his own.

Interesting here is also a hint that the FM may want Arya to be something more than just an uber-assassin. Another idea which has been floated.

"Wlaschiha doesn’t know (or pretends to not know — who can tell with Faceless Men?) what’s in store for Jaqen and Arya, but he has some ideas: “I think he’s got big plans with her and in order to have her ready,” he says. Jaqen’s past is just as mysterious as his future. “That’s still an explanation that George R.R. Martin owes,” says Wlaschiha. He’s often asked how someone so gifted could end up in the back of that wagon in Season 2. “My theory is that it’s all part of a bigger plan — that he decided to be [thrown into the Black Cells at King’s Landing] in the first place to meet Arya. But in which way exactly their story is going to continue? No idea.”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thrones-tom-wlaschiha-interview-121107473830.html

I wanted to see the part in the book, where his face was like a worm filled skull. I still think that is what he actually looks like, I don't think he has a proper face at all any more, so often has he changed it - kind of like Michael Jackson's nose.

Yea I wanted to see arya try eat the worm

Interview at Yahoo TV .So ...here is Wlaschiha saying something that was put forward by some people after season 2. He's come up with it on his own.Interesting here is also a hint that the FM may want Arya to be something more than just an uber-assassin. Another idea which has been floated."Wlaschiha doesn’t know (or pretends to not know — who can tell with Faceless Men?) what’s in store for Jaqen and Arya, but he has some ideas: “I think he’s got big plans with her and in order to have her ready,” he says. Jaqen’s past is just as mysterious as his future. “That’s still an explanation that George R.R. Martin owes,” says Wlaschiha. He’s often asked how someone so gifted could end up in the back of that wagon in Season 2. “My theory is that it’s all part of a bigger plan — that he decided to be [thrown into the Black Cells at King’s Landing] in the first place to meet Arya. But in which way exactly their story is going to continue? No idea.”https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thrones-tom-wlaschiha-interview-121107473830.html

Ive always suspected Varys helped him get in the black cells!

Interview at Yahoo TV .

So ...here is Wlaschiha saying something that was put forward by some people after season 2. He's come up with it on his own.

Interesting here is also a hint that the FM may want Arya to be something more than just an uber-assassin. Another idea which has been floated.

"Wlaschiha doesn’t know (or pretends to not know — who can tell with Faceless Men?) what’s in store for Jaqen and Arya, but he has some ideas: “I think he’s got big plans with her and in order to have her ready,” he says. Jaqen’s past is just as mysterious as his future. “That’s still an explanation that George R.R. Martin owes,” says Wlaschiha. He’s often asked how someone so gifted could end up in the back of that wagon in Season 2. “My theory is that it’s all part of a bigger plan — that he decided to be [thrown into the Black Cells at King’s Landing] in the first place to meet Arya. But in which way exactly their story is going to continue? No idea.”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thrones-tom-wlaschiha-interview-121107473830.html

I love love LOVE this!

Archived