GRRM himself weights on on "Maegor the Third", Night's King

Calling someone a "book purist" is like calling them a "water purist". All it communicates is that you tolerate drinking sewage while they do not.

Well, no, it's more like calling someone a deluded idiot with their head permanently shoved up their own ass. Proudly announcing you're a book purist is like proudly announcing that you'll only drink water out of public toilets; you may not see the problem, but everybody else recognizes that it's creepy, weird, unhealthy, and fundamentally wrong.

Well, no, it's more like calling someone a deluded idiot with their head permanently shoved up their own ass. Proudly announcing you're a book purist is like proudly announcing that you'll only drink water out of public toilets; you may not see the problem, but everybody else recognizes that it's creepy, weird, unhealthy, and fundamentally wrong.

Your anti-book reader douche-baggery is astounding.

Hate on, troll on.

Too kind :rolleyes:

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/12392

As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.

I find the phrase "no more likely" to be very interesting, because it's not a definite yes or no. It's just not likely.

However, if as some of the people on this forum (mostly the folks over in Heresy, a thread that is absolutely fascinating and well worth anyone's time, especially the essays) have proposed, that our Bran is a sort of modern day reincarnation of Bran the builder, them both being Starks and knowing winterfell so well and all, I think it's absolutely possible that while the Knight's King in his original form may not have survived, there may be some kind of magic at play here keeping the legacy alive.

I find the phrase "no more likely" to be very interesting, because it's not a definite yes or no. It's just not likely.

However, if as some of the people on this forum (mostly the folks over in Heresy, a thread that is absolutely fascinating and well worth anyone's time, especially the essays) have proposed, that our Bran is a sort of modern day reincarnation of Bran the builder, them both being Starks and knowing winterfell so well and all, I think it's absolutely possible that while the Knight's King in his original form may not have survived, there may be some kind of magic at play here keeping the legacy alive.

The 'no more likely' is Martin being more considerate of this crapfest of a show than Benioff was when he spoiled material from an unpublished book.

Wow...Just.Wow.

I can't even...

I don't even know how to formulate words to respond to this.

It's another thing to find people who want an adaptation of a book to stay close to the source material annoying and counter-criticize the party with the opposing opinions constructively and it's a whole other thing to say what you just said.

I am sincerely hoping you are a troll because if you actually think this way...I am sorry for you.

Wow...Just.Wow.

I can't even...

I don't even know how to formulate words to respond to this.

It's another thing to find people who want an adaptation of a book to stay close to the source material annoying and counter-criticize the party with the opposing opinions constructively and it's a whole other thing to say what you just said.

I am sincerely hoping you are a troll because if you actually think this way...I am sorry for you.

Look at his rather obnoxious flairs, of course he's not serious. Otherwise he'd have anger issues the size of Gregor Clegane :)

Archived