Rant and Rave without Repercussion 2 [Book Spoilers]

Gargarax

So, did anyone see this article?

I think it means the viewers will be seeing the "jumping the shark" moment of the show and it's official ending as an adatption of GRRM's books. I betting as of right now Dany shows up on Drogon in Dorne in the final scene of the season. Which would mean the showrunners are not only bypassing the majority of TWOW material, they simply ignoring it and doing their own stuff for now on. Most everything in the next season will be fanfiction and moving characters around and getting them in place for the final season, which of course, will not resemble 'A Dream of Spring' much at all.

Fucking hell, Balon lives still for season 6? Stupid incompetent red dress dumbass.

Where the fuck is Yara?

Who is killing evil Stannis? I hope they fucking kill him on Sunday, put this hellish debacle to an end now.

They could potentially squeeze in Balon and the Bridge of Terablewindthia

Fucking hell, Balon lives still for season 6? Stupid incompetent red dress dumbass.

Where the fuck is Yara?

Is it possible those characters are in forgotten territory? What potential purpose do they even have now? Asha ("Yara") could have had a purpose if she'd been with Stannis, but no. Balon is supposed to be dead for some time now, and Victarion and Euron aren't in the show that I know of. I can't recall if the Damp Hair was in season 2. It might have been a cameo.

How come they only had to put a couple of leeches on Gendry to kill whomever they wanted, but Shireen they had to burn alive to get a bit of vague luck? Is that just a big plot hole or am I remembering things wrong?

There's no internal logic to how the R'hllor works on this show

How come they only had to put a couple of leeches on Gendry to kill whomever they wanted, but Shireen they had to burn alive to get a bit of vague luck? Is that just a big plot hole or am I remembering things wrong?

I've suspected it was a ruse by Melisandre (in the books at least) to convince Stannis of her power. She likely saw the three kings' deaths in her flames and decided to use the leeches as a ploy to make it look like it was king's blood doing it.

Jesus what a mess.

Who is going to free the dragons?

It might be too early to kill one of the Lannisters, because if they kill Tommen, then Myrcella would be queen automatically, right? and that displaces the Tyrells and puts Dorne in de facto control, I think that moves things up too fast.

Every plot line is going to have like 5 minutes?

LOL Oh, I know, I'm probably speeding it all up in my mind just to get it all over with, for us.

Even forgetting my.....kill a Lannister kid, we still obviously have something going on for the Dornish.

Maybe we're being too kind thinking that Yara and or Dead Balon might be touched on. I'd LOVE to see a scene of Selyse pointing out to Stannis and Mel.....HEY, Balon still lives and you killed my baby girl that I never cared about until my uterus twinged as she screamed at the flames coming for her. I do hope they FORGET to make time for the killing off of Balon. Probably won't be so lucky, though.

Gee, I hope we get to hear Trant wax poetic, be it stoic, about getting A Girl......the right age. I'm sure we'll need more time for that. :ack: :tantrum:

They could potentially squeeze in Balon and the Bridge of Terablewindthia

Which would beg the question of why they didn't do it a year or two ago. It's not like it would have required a lengthy, expensive scene...just have someone mention that Balon died off-camera.

If they squeeze it in now, it'll be only because so many people complained and kept asking WTF happened to Balon.

Oh no. You are not remembering things wrong.

Shadow baby: kills Renly, gets army.

Leeches: kills kings, 2 out of 3, still not too bad.

Burns daughter alive: beats Bolton?

Seems like diminishing returns on the king's blood if you ask me.

Where the fuck is Yara?

Who is killing evil Stannis? I hope they fucking kill him on Sunday, put this hellish debacle to an end now.

Me too, I really want him to die so we can both be put out of our misery.

I'm very curious to see what will be so ambiguous with the Winterfell arc. Then again, everything in Winterfell is so damn stupid that any ending would be 'ambiguous': Boltons win - wut? Satannis wins - even worse. Neither wins - stupid.

It's a lose-lose scenario, and no mistake.

Hm,something even more extreme than the whole silly Dorne plot? I don't expect the Dorne "arc" (using the term loosely) to be over before we've had at least one orgy with Bronn, all the Sand Boobs, and possibly Ellaria, too, because they're totes ok with incest in this sex-crazed country. And we've only seen 2 of their little sand dunes so far. But that's not "extreme" for GoT.

I have been wondering why both Lannister kids are still alive, after they showed us the prophecy, but again - not extreme after what happened to Shireen...

LOL Oh, I know, I'm probably speeding it all up in my mind just to get it all over with, for us.

Even forgetting my.....kill a Lannister kid, we still obviously have something going on for the Dornish.

Maybe we're being too kind thinking that Yara and or Dead Balon might be touched on. I'd LOVE to see a scene of Selyse pointing out to Stannis and Mel.....HEY, Balon still lives and you killed my baby girl that I never cared about until my uterus twinged as she screamed at the flames coming for her. I do hope they FORGET to make time for the killing off of Balon. Probably won't be so lucky, though.

Gee, I hope we get to hear Trant wax poetic, be it stoic, about getting A Girl......the right age. I'm sure we'll need more time for that. :ack: :tantrum:

I'm sure they're going to fuck up Trant. I loved in the books when she kills the NW guy and the kindly man asks her who did it and she says Arya Stark and he's like, thought she was gone girl...you would think we should get something like that w/Trant in this mix and match thing they've done...and such an exchange COULD be great between Maise and Tom....but since it could and would be great, I'm sure they will fail to include it. Because they suck.

"If I start to comment on what might or might not happen in scenes that I have not written yet, I will be "spoiling" my own books.

I have no further comment at this time."

translated:

"I won't comment on shit I haven't written".

This. He could end up not even writing it that way. At all.

D&D just butchered Stannis' entire arc and for no effin' reason, chose to tell us 'ITWASGRRM'!!

I reconciled myself to seeing 'new' stuff in the show, but for them to go and explicitly state it was the author is all kinds of BS.

I'm sure they're going to fuck up Trant. I loved in the books when she kills the NW guy and the kindly man asks her who did it and she says Arya Stark and he's like, thought she was gone girl...you would think we should get something like that w/Trant in this mix and match thing they've done...and such an exchange COULD be great between Maise and Tom....but since it could and would be great, I'm sure they will fail to include it. Because they suck.

I'm sure they'll bring back the first kindly man from early this season for that exchange, because of creative reasons

Archived