Whom casted for Season 5 have we not seen yet?

Valyrian Lance

Yet to appear

Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy[33]

New minor cast:

Emma Maguire as a Winterfell worker. Announced September 17, 2014

Tristan McConnell as Gordy. Announced November 22, 2014[34][35]

Jamie Darlington as TBA. Announced December 9, 2014.[36]

Jake Abraham as a Meereenese peddler. Announced December 9, 2014.[37]

Jack Hickey as a young Bravo. Announced January 6, 2015.[38]

Fisun Burgess as a Meereenese peddler's wife. Announced January 7, 2015.[39]

Reportedly cast characters

Varamyr Sixskins[40]

Varamyr's character was most likely swapped with Karsi character (Birgitte Hjort Sørensen). Her character was originally supposed to be casted by a man.

That makes no sense. Karsi's role was to humanize the wildlings and make the massacre hurt more. Varamyr is a super-warg.

Varamyr will very likely be one of the wildlings that Jon brought through the Wall. So he will appear tonight, just in time to give hints about Jon warging.

Yet to appear

Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy[33]

New minor cast:

Emma Maguire as a Winterfell worker. Announced September 17, 2014

Tristan McConnell as Gordy. Announced November 22, 2014[34][35]

Jamie Darlington as TBA. Announced December 9, 2014.[36]

Jake Abraham as a Meereenese peddler. Announced December 9, 2014.[37]

Jack Hickey as a young Bravo. Announced January 6, 2015.[38]

Fisun Burgess as a Meereenese peddler's wife. Announced January 7, 2015.[39]

Reportedly cast characters

Varamyr Sixskins[40]

Is the young Bravo not one of the ones who has been harassing Arya who the FM chased away?

Emma Maguire is interesting since I was convinced she would be fArya. She could be some random person who helps Sansa now, or, more interesting but unlikely - Arya's new face, hinting where Arya is headed next? Pretty sure Arya gets a new face tonight, after killing both the thin man as she was supposed to, then killing Trant by posing as a young prostitute (the whole point of making him a pedophile in the show).

My own thought on Varamyr are that he is in a scene close to Hardhome, and dies and takes over an animal, thus foretelling what might happen, when we get the most likely contender for the cliff-hanging ending for this year.

Is the young Bravo not one of the ones who has been harassing Arya who the FM chased away?

Emma Maguire is interesting since I was convinced she would be fArya. She could be some random person who helps Sansa now, or, more interesting but unlikely - Arya's new face, hinting where Arya is headed next? Pretty sure Arya gets a new face tonight, after killing both the thin man as she was supposed to, then killing Trant by posing as a young prostitute (the whole point of making him a pedophile in the show).

The casting call mentioned him appearing in "E9 or E10". The ones you mentioned were called "Street toughs".

But now that I checked up, he appeared in E9, he was the one who bought oysters in the brothel Arya enters.

Simpson and Gordy (both Bolton soldiers) were reportedly going to appear in E10. We'll see.

By the way it's quite fun to look up these casting calls, for example "Master Eaton" was the master who gets eaten by Rhaegal and Viserion.

It was right in our eyes and we couldn't see it :lmao:

Also Meena Rayann who played the Meereeneese prostitute was described as "Meereeenese Noblewoman" huh.

For God's sake, people, it's cast, not casted! Saying that a role was 'casted' is like saying 'my brother beated me at chess'.

Back on topic, given that D&D and Kit seem to really want people to believe that Jon Snow is genuinely dead (possibly because they know this time that both show-only folk and book-readers don't know for sure what happens next), so maybe the role of Varamyr (along with all reference to avoiding death through warging) was nixed further along in production as D&D decided to take this hard-line approach to Jon's death. Though it's equally likely that, as another poster suggested, Varamyr was changed to Karsi when they decided to make the character female.

haha, you must be a Stannis fan. ;)

:rofl:

For God's sake, people, it's cast, not casted! Saying that a role was 'casted' is like saying 'my brother beated me at chess'.

Back on topic, given that D&D and Kit seem to really want people to believe that Jon Snow is genuinely dead (possibly because they know this time that both show-only folk and book-readers don't know for sure what happens next), so maybe the role of Varamyr (along with all reference to avoiding death through warging) was nixed further along in production as D&D decided to take this hard-line approach to Jon's death. Though it's equally likely that, as another poster suggested, Varamyr was changed to Karsi when they decided to make the character female.

For me now, there are two options. The first is that Varamyr stand along scene was done, which is what I have always thought considering the time of the audition in relation to all the other wildling castings. And the time frame was always going to be the opener of next year...something D&D could do knowing they had two years in the bag.

The second is that the scene is on the cutting room floor and when the death scene was filmed they went the way of the true death. So, Kit isn't bullshitting the media.

I'll go with the former.

Archived