Bloodraven's Freedom

Blazfemur

id always keep it warg though. always possess somebody thats a warg. because the moment he goes into someone that ISNT, remember his host bloodraven body died, thats it he's stuck in that person.

Always warg a warg. it's your safe way out and to eternal life, in essence

I'm not a big on these kind of theories, but this one is very intriguing. I've always thought since my first re-read that BR was a prisoner of the cave.

This also puts who Coldhands actually is in a whole new light as well.

I like the theory but the problem is that you don't have any proof for it.

not a theory, i havent made a theory in awhile, it's an idea. and certainly a believable one. you should see the other idea, link in my signature ;)

it's merely an idea, and a far more interesting one than "ok bran, ive taught you everything i know, goodbye."

It actually makes sense that BR would do that. He's a very "hands on" kinda guy and would rather do the work himself. "Why bother teaching someone else when I can just do it right the first time?" Classic!

I have no doubt he wants to benefit the realm, but using bran as a vessel in his eyes wouldnt necessarily be evil in his eyes, just morally grey to get a better result. A necessity

Per Varamyr Sixskin's Epilogue, it is implied that if a warg were to possess another being, if his host body dies, that warg is forever imprisoned in the body of the subject he's possessed, and will eventually mentally become one with it.

About to throw you all a curveball here, so do try to keep up.

We meet Bloodraven. He's a blatantly rotting, decrepid corpse, ENCHAINED to his chair with weirwood roots placed throughout his body. There's a barrier, surrounding his cave, keeping the dead from entering.

Why is Bloodraven there? Enchained? What got him there? He was a member of the watch.

Crackpot with me a little: Bloodraven is dead, a corpse. Ok? Take it into your mind, and become one with it for a moment. An all-powerful sorcerer, too powerful, that was locked away in a cave, imprisoned in weirwood root, and sealed with a barrier for good measure.

How does Bloodraven get out? And why Bran? Bran's a cripple, far too weak and useless for a powerful entity like Bloodraven....right?

If Bloodraven were to warg any other human being, the moment he crosses that threshhold Dead Barrier, let's assume his host body dies, and he's forever imprisoned int eh body he's taken hold of.

......what if the body he's taken hold of, were also a warg?

Follow me for a second, i know im losing you.

Varamyr possessed a human being that wasn't a warg, and thus when his body died, the body he possessed didnt have the ability to warg, and thus, he was chained there indefinitely.

But he Varamyr possessed another warg, and his host body died, would he be able to channel that person's warg abilities, to transfer himself once more?

Using this logic, Bloodraven, brought Bran to his cave, to warg into him, to cross that dead-barrier threshhold (Bran is a living vessel), release himself from that weirwood prison, and take control of Bran's body until he can channel Bran's warg abilities to warg out of Bran and into a more suitable host, permanently.

In essence, Varamyr's epilogue may have hinted the reason why warg's become permanently a part of the subject they inhabit, is because that subject does not have the ability to warg themself. If that subject too, were a warg, perhaps they would be able to move on to the next.

*Phew* hand me my meds

Yea, a little bit crackpot, bu it does make sense and i like the part about him being sealed into the cave so he has to use a greenseer to call to him with dreams since he can not leave his prison... Who imprisoned him? The Children?

My own theory is that the Wierwood tree is in control now, not Bloodraven. I think Bloodraven was a powerful Greenseer just like Bran is, but Bloodraven at 200+ years old is about to die, so the tree/bloodraven summoned Bran to come and take Bloodraven's place as the flesh/brain part of the weirwood system.

I need some meds too. I feel like this is the Matrix or something. lol.

Cool thread.

Yea, a little bit crackpot, bu it does make sense and i like the part about him being sealed into the cave so he has to use a greenseer to call to him with dreams since he can not leave his prison... Who imprisoned him? The Children?

My own theory is that the Wierwood tree is in control now, not Bloodraven. I think Bloodraven was a powerful Greenseer just like Bran is, but Bloodraven at 200+ years old is about to die, so the tree/bloodraven summoned Bran to come and take Bloodraven's place as the flesh/brain part of the weirwood system.

I need some meds too. I feel like this is the Matrix or something. lol.

Cool thread.

thing is, is Bloodraven really 200+ years (actually its like 125, butt hats niether here nor there). I think he's already dead. Hes a corpse, man. And even if he broke free of his weirwood prison, that barrier ont he cave would destroy him.

he needs a LIVING host.

It's like, the sealed away Lich. That if he does get released, woe to the realm

thing is, is Bloodraven really 200+ years (actually its like 125, butt hats niether here nor there). I think he's already dead. Hes a corpse, man. And even if he broke free of his weirwood prison, that barrier ont he cave would destroy him.

he needs a LIVING host.

It's like, the sealed away Lich. That if he does get released, woe to the realm

Maybe he was prevented from becoming the Night's King?

That would also fit with a feeling I have that Bran may become the Night's King. I have a feeling that the Starks are called the 'King of Winter" for a reason...

It does seem Raven is gearing up for some kind of loophole trick to get around the normal warging limitations. Maybe bran is the spotter for when Raven does the heavy lifting.... Chain Warging or broadcastiing a brief hive mind so everyone can act united and fearless till Bloodraven burns out? Then a disconcerting "It's up to you now kiddo" (croaks)

He hasn't been around long enough to be the story's big bad guy though, so if the children imprisoned him it should just be because he wants to go nuclear and they wanted to hold off on that till its the right time or the only option left

It does seem Raven is gearing up for some kind of loophole trick to get around the normal warging limitations. Maybe bran is the spotter for when Raven does the heavy lifting.... Chain Warging or broadcastiing a brief hive mind so everyone can act united and fearless till Bloodraven burns out? Then a disconcerting "It's up to you now kiddo" (croaks)

He hasn't been around long enough to be the story's big bad guy though, so if the children imprisoned him it should just be because he wants to go nuclear and they wanted to hold off on that till its the right time or the only option left

think about it:

dead barrier around the cave, like a forcefield. if bloodraven is dead, and he approaches the wall, he gets destroyed. yet if he's in a living vessel, like bran, he can cross.

also: once his body dies, he'd be forever imprisoned in bran's body, right? but, bran too, is a warg. perhaps thats his way out is by harnessing bran's warging ability to go an extra step.

....maybe thats why he's been training him and upping bran's abilities, so he can be "pushed" to another vessel.

always think outside the box. like why, bloodraven is int he cave. why theres a seal on it, why the roots are going THROUGH his body, it's impossible for him to move. always ask questions.

I already knew Bloodraven was an evil sonofabitch, so if this is true it does not surprise me.

I hope Bran uses Summer to rip Bloodraven's throat out.

No idea why people think hes good..."never trust a creepy old guy in a cave.."

Considering hes been feeding Bran Jojens....blood? (The paste is blood right?)

Also...for all we know the "magic" keeping the dead outside is bullshit and is meant to keep Bran from leaving.

Archived