Theory- Shireen is still alive- Selyse dead! Book Spoilers

atxjacob

Oh it was definitely Princess Shireen, they wanted the shock value.

I can believe it happens in the books, but not by Stannis' hand, or for anything short of creating the real Lightbringer. What it won't be is a cheap dance made to sell a high for the bloodsport audience. Did think they were making us think Ramsey was the lesser evil? He's their favorite, for sure.

What has Stannis done that isn't Iron, strong but brittle when forced. Even in the show, Stannis only did it because he felt it was a necessary evil. Ramsey does it for fun.

For the Script is a lark and full of errors.

I was hoping he would have a change of heart, pull out his sword to try kill her and it burst into flames. A trick by Mel ultimately but it would have made the scene better.

According to George's blog he hasn't even wrote this scene yet. Who knows what actually happens, does that mean Stannis now survives way into TWOW or even ADOS.

I've been thinking maybe Mel just burns Shireen at the Wall, without the ok of Stannis? Or perhaps if he does perish...

... and then Ned, Robb, and King Rob step out from behind a tree to shake a finger at naughty Cersei... "THIS is why you don't sleep with your brother." Montage of flash-backs showing that every single death was part of an elaborately staged punking of Cersei... (Except for Renly who actually choked to death on a Peach-pit.) Freeze-frame, 'It's in the Way That You Use It' by Eric Clapton plays over credits.

:agree:

• 2 weeks later...

This theory would have worked if Stannis himself wasn't dead (which I believe he is), because that would have only strengthened Stannis = AA further, since he would have sacrificed Selyse (his Nissa Nissa). As it is though, the three of them are gone forever. Unless the Night King finds and resurrects Stannis. Joking.

Archived