Small Questions v.10101

Jon Weirgaryen

No (I took 'Jon descents from Aemon, Aegon from Aegon, as one statement). Naerys would have had more reasons to cheat on Aegon towards the end of her marriage, than the beginning.

I still like you anyway.

No (I took 'Jon descents from Aemon, Aegon from Aegon, as one statement). Naerys would have had more reasons to cheat on Aegon towards the end of her marriage, than the beginning.

Interesting idea but would the Dragonknight knowingly take a chance when Naerys' health was at risk?

I still like you anyway.

I like both of you!

Ramsay sends out letters to announce the fall of Moat Cailin. Asha notes the signatures of Lady Dustin, Lady Cerwyn, and the four Ryswells.

Jon notes the signatures on his as well; they are all the same except he notes Lord Dustin instead of Lady Dustin. Is this just a mistake?

I don't think there is an official errata list for the main series.. IIRC, though, mistakes like that are usually corrected in newer prints.. Which means my question becomes...

... what year is your ADWD print from? Hardcover or paperback? And which publisher.. We've already uncovered one difference between two editions from different publishers from Clash, IIRC.

Anyone who has a newer print, could then check to see if their edition still contains the mistake. Though it really should be a mistake.. Lord Dustin, as JonWeirgaryen said, is dead, which is why Lady Barbrey rules Barrowton.

My eBook has "Lord Dustin" as do websites such as asearchoficeandfire and ballofbeasts. I wonder if it is, indeed, a mistake.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it: Is there a reason Bronn became Bronn of the Blackwater instead of choosing a real family name? And now he's taking the name Stokeworth, and a hypothetical child with Lollys would be taking the name Stokeworth, right? If he had married someone else of lower standing than Lollys, would that wife have a new family name? And would their hypothetical child be called ____ Blackwater?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it: Is there a reason Bronn became Bronn of the Blackwater instead of choosing a real family name? And now he's taking the name Stokeworth, and a hypothetical child with Lollys would be taking the name Stokeworth, right? If he had married someone else of lower standing than Lollys, would that wife have a new family name? And would their hypothetical child be called ____ Blackwater?

I believe you don't choose the name you are knighted with, it's an honorary title that is given to you, if you are heir to something of your family owns stuff you probably are named after that. Since Bronn had no other rhings he is identified by except for beeing from Fleabottom he gets the name of Blackwater. Of fleabottom is maybe not possible since it's a part of the city and owned by the king, After Lollys "inherits" Stokeworth, Bronn is more or less head of the castle now he takes the title but I believe he is still officially Bronn of the BW, his new title is not offical. But the Child could call itself Tyrion of Stockworth since he inherits the claim and title of House Stockworth from his motherside which is the offical heir.

I believe you don't choose the name you are knighted with, it's an honorary title that is given to you, if you are heir to something of your family owns stuff you probably are named after that. Since Bronn had no other rhings he is identified by except for beeing from Fleabottom he gets the name of Blackwater. Of fleabottom is maybe not possible since it's a part of the city and owned by the king, After Lollys "inherits" Stokeworth, Bronn is more or less head of the castle now he takes the title but I believe he is still officially Bronn of the BW, his new title is not offical. But the Child could call itself Tyrion of Stockworth since he inherits the claim and title of House Stockworth from his motherside which is the offical heir.

Thanks!

I thought I remembered Tyrion thinking about the story of one of his Lannister ancestors who was eaten by a lion (not knowing or caring it was the sigil of his house) but since then have been unable to locate such a story. Is it associated with a different house and I'm misremembering, or did I totally make it up?

I thought I remembered Tyrion thinking about the story of one of his Lannister ancestors who was eaten by a lion (not knowing or caring it was the sigil of his house) but since then have been unable to locate such a story. Is it associated with a different house and I'm misremembering, or did I totally make it up?

In ACOK-Sansa II, Sandor tells Sansa that a lioness attacked Lord Tytos Lannister, but Tytos was saved by Sandor's grandfather.

I still like you anyway.

I still like you too :) :cheers: :grouphug:

Interesting idea but would the Dragonknight knowingly take a chance when Naerys' health was at risk?

Naerys did not want the marriage, and had hopes that Aegon would allow her to join the Faith once she had given him an heir. Why would she risk her child being denounced a bastard, if she would only need to birth one? For Aemon, I highly doubt that he would be willing to risk his sister's health, especially considering the clashes he and Aegon had over it. I never said I believed she did cheat, only that she would have had many more reasons after several years of marriage, than at the start of it. Remember that Daeron was conceived within the first 3 months of marriage ;)

I like both of you!

:grouphug:

Thanks!

Lollys' son (Tyrion Tanner) is a known bastard. If I'm not mistaken, he won't be allowed to inherit Stokeworth. Lollys' eldest son by Bronn will be allowed to do so. Bronn will remain Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, Lord of Stokeworth, I think. His children will most likely be named Stokeworth, in part due to their claim to the Stokeworth lands.

Archived