Small Questions v.10101

Jon Weirgaryen

Has anyone compiled a list of characters with Kingsblood or is the criteria too vague?

Depends on what qualifies really, obviously Kings/Queens have it so Stannis, Mance, Tommen, Euron, Aegon, and Dany. The current list of first generation Kingsblood (a King as a father): Shireen, Theon, Asha, Dalla's Monster, Gendry, Mya, Bella, Edric, Bloodraven, Tyrion (if A+J), Melissandre/Quaithe (if either is Shiera Seastar). The current list of second generation Kingsblood (King as a grandfather) Jon (if R+L) and Aegon (if real). I may have missed some though.

If it goes back further then it'll get more complicated trying to track the descendants of Targaryen females who married into other families, and if it goes back even further then you could technically include any Stark, Lannister, Arryn, Martell, and back even further Bolton and others.

ETA: Thanks Roddy for additions.

Depends on what qualifies really, obviously Kings/Queens have it so Stannis, Mance, Tommen, Euron, Aegon, and Dany. The current list of first generation Kingsblood (a King as a father): Shireen, Theon, Victarion, Asha, Dalla's Monster, Gendry, Mya, Bella, Edric. The current list of second generation Kingsblood (King as a grandfather) Jon (if R+L) and Aegon (if real). I may have missed some though.

With your criteria, I'd add other King Bob bastards, Euron's bastards, Bloodraven as gen 1's.

Bran as a gen 0 if you consider him the rightful tho uncrowned King in the North, I guess maybe even Rickon if becoming a tree removes you from the line of succession? :P

Mel as a gen 2 if yolkboy's S+B=M is true, Robb's unborn child as a future gen 1 if he exists, as well as Tyrion if A+J=T.

Oh and Damphair as a gen 1.

With your criteria, I'd add other King Bob bastards, Euron's bastards, Bloodraven as gen 1's.

Bran as a gen 0 if you consider him the rightful tho uncrowned King in the North, I guess maybe even Rickon if becoming a tree removes you from the line of succession? :P

Mel as a gen 2 if yolkboy's S+B=M is true, Robb's unborn child as a future gen 1 if he exists, as well as Tyrion if A+J=T.

Oh and Damphair as a gen 1.

Unless we meet them we have to assume Robert's other bastards were killed on the orders of Cersei. Anyone not a King yet doesn't have Kingsblood I'd say so not yet for Bran or Rickon (but that depends on your definition), I totally forgot Bloodraven and Tyrion (if A+J) though, I knew I missed some. Mel could be gen 1 if she's Shiera, same for Quaithe for same reason (that's why I only included the obvious theory).

Yeah and I missed Aeron, should be alongside Vic and Theon.

Unless we meet them we have to assume Robert's other bastards were killed on the orders of Cersei. Anyone not a King yet doesn't have Kingsblood I'd say so not yet for Bran or Rickon (but that depends on your definition), I totally forgot Bloodraven and Tyrion (if A+J) though, I knew I missed some. Mel could be gen 1 if she's Shiera, same for Quaithe for same reason (that's why I only included the obvious theory).

Yeah and I missed Aeron, should be alongside Vic and Theon.

If Bran and Rickon don't count, surely neither do Aeron or Victarion? They're brothers of a king, but not the sons of one, right?

If Bran and Rickon don't count, surely neither do Aeron or Victarion? They're brothers of a king, but not the sons of one, right?

Good point, I had a brain freeze and thought they were Theon's brothers! It's 9am and I'm just home off a 12 hour shift, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I'm reading The World of Ice and Fire right now. In the section about the Dance it is mentioned that some thought that the Cannibal was on Dragonstone before the arrival of the Targaryen. Is this technically possible? What is the average length of the life of a dragon?

By the way this book is lots of fun! :)

I'm reading The World of Ice and Fire right now. In the section about the Dance it is mentioned that some thought that the Cannibal was on Dragonstone before the arrival of the Targaryen. Is this technically possible? What is the average length of the life of a dragon?

By the way this book is lots of fun! :)

Balerion died of old age around the age of 200, and Vhagar lived until 181, though her death was caused by battle. For the Cannibal to have been there before the Targaryens (128 BC), the Cannibal would have needed to have been more than 260 years old. Don't know if that's possible.. perhaps...

Balerion died of old age around the age of 200, and Vhagar lived until 181, though her death was caused by battle. For the Cannibal to have been there before the Targaryens (128 BC), the Cannibal would have needed to have been more than 260 years old. Don't know if that's possible.. perhaps...

Thanks. I guess this is some of those details about dragons we are not meant to know... yet.

I should have figured out that it was unlikely but the fact that something like this was just casually dropped made me just think: really?

No, sorry.. They are only mentioned in passing a few times in Dance, and twice in TWOIAF. Can't find Blackpool on the maps from the Lands of Ice and Fire, either.

not sure of the details, but could they be the same place with just a new, ncer name? Black - White, Pool - Harbor?a more positive name when the new family took over and it grew to the main northern harbor?

kinda like in Arthurian legend when Lancelet took Dolorous Guarde and renamed it Joyous Guarde.

Ah that one..

The two weeks come from a Jaime quote, stating that Rossart was only Hand for a fortnight.

Rossarts appointment is discussed in the World Book:

Birds flew and couriers raced to bear word of the victory at the Ruby Ford. When the news reached the Red Keep, it was said that Aerys cursed the Dornish, certain that Lewyn had betrayed Rhaegar. He sent his pregnant queen, Rhaella, and his younger son and new heir, Viserys, away to Dragonstone, but Princess Elia was forced to remain in King's Landing with Rhaegar's children as a hostage against Dorne. Having burned his previous Hand, Lord Chelsted, alive for bad counsel during the war, Aerys now appointed another to the position: the alchemist Rossarta man of low birth, with little to recommend him but his flames and trickery.

Which, in my opinion, makes it sound as if Rossart was appointed only after Trident, in which case there would have been indeed some two weeks between Trident and Sack.

this has confused me for some time. i agree that Viserys is Aerys' heir, especially after the Trident, but then wouldn't that make the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy fight for nothing, even if R+L=J?Jon would not be their king, nor the heir?

So I'm wondering about the number of sailors/soldiers in the Iron Fleet. Apparently there were about 8 longships all with 200-250 (working out to about 25-31 men per boat) under Theon's command during his harrying of the Stony Shore. His sister had around 1000 men according to Theon (might be just an exagerrated estimation during his boasting) and 30 longships, so there'd be around 33 men per boat. IRL, the smallest longship used in warfare could hold 41 people, while the larger ships carried 70-80 men.

The Iron Fleet had 100 ships, though I don't know whether this was made up entirely of war galleys or a mixture of galleys and large longships. Apparently he took nine-tenths of the Fleet away from Moat Cailin when he heard of the death of his brother, though that could be just ships and not personell. Whatever the situation, the remaining Ironmen at Moat Cailin were whittled down to 67 by the time Theon showed up.

With this information, what do you guess is the manpower of the Iron Fleet?

this has confused me for some time. i agree that Viserys is Aerys' heir, especially after the Trident, but then wouldn't that make the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy fight for nothing, even if R+L=J?Jon would not be their king, nor the heir?

Only fitting explanation I have thought of is that they simply didn't hear about Aerys' decree due to being rather isolated.

Only fitting explanation I have thought of is that they simply didn't hear about Aerys' decree due to being rather isolated.

If you're interested in the subject there is a long discussion of this topic in the essays I wrote on it in my signature. There are also posts of those who disagree surrounding my post.

Hello ladys and gents,

after the last GoT episode, I had some questions, ideas and so on where had to look up some stuff in the internet,,, As you probably all know, the lore of Asoiaf just sucks you right in again, you get a few answers but instead of helping they just open up more questions... So here I am and since I don't want to go through all the books to maybe find something I was looking for I ask for your assistance and knowledge to some questions that boogle my mind at the moment. Here we go :)

2) Is there a notion of a red priest mel, thoros or the one with victarion not spotting a lie that has been told to them? or is just the faith of the seven unable to spot liars?

more questions to come i promise^^

Mel says she has powders for truth and pyromancers and alchemists make these powders (along with powders for lust, fear, fire manipulation and killing).

I think you are referring the scene where Mel and Davos talk in the dungeon.

I think she is making it look like it's her gods power and not some "cheap" alchemist trick, so she can attract people to her religion or impress them.

not sure of the details, but could they be the same place with just a new, ncer name? Black - White, Pool - Harbor?a more positive name when the new family took over and it grew to the main northern harbor?

kinda like in Arthurian legend when Lancelet took Dolorous Guarde and renamed it Joyous Guarde.

No idea. House Slate still exists in the present of the story, which is interesting.

Could be a possibility..

We have no idea what the KG knew, where their loyalty was, or what they were thinking when they made the decision to stay. That decision might not even have been theirs..

It is very interesting, though, that Viserys was named Aerys' heir, and that the KG remained at the tower.

Shouldn't Rhaegar's son Aegon be the heir? There's a precedent, with Jaehaerys I dying and then it was not his oldest surviving son who inherited, but rather his grandson Viserys I, who was the son of his third son. Granted, they needed a Great Council to sort the whole thing out, but still, why was Viserys the heir and not Aegon?

Archived