Small Questions v.10101

Jon Weirgaryen

Ah that one..

The two weeks come from a Jaime quote, stating that Rossart was only Hand for a fortnight.

Rossarts appointment is discussed in the World Book:

Birds flew and couriers raced to bear word of the victory at the Ruby Ford. When the news reached the Red Keep, it was said that Aerys cursed the Dornish, certain that Lewyn had betrayed Rhaegar. He sent his pregnant queen, Rhaella, and his younger son and new heir, Viserys, away to Dragonstone, but Princess Elia was forced to remain in King's Landing with Rhaegar's children as a hostage against Dorne. Having burned his previous Hand, Lord Chelsted, alive for bad counsel during the war, Aerys now appointed another to the position: the alchemist Rossarta man of low birth, with little to recommend him but his flames and trickery.

Which, in my opinion, makes it sound as if Rossart was appointed only after Trident, in which case there would have been indeed some two weeks between Trident and Sack.

Fair assessment and thanks for the quote.

It does give me at least two weeks from the trident to the sack. I already had two weeks at least between the battle of the bells and the trident..Ned and Cat's honeymoon. That puts at least 1 month between the battle of the bells and the sack.

Working on a timeline....

Hello just doing a re-read of aGoT, i just finshed the Eddard chapter were he sends Lord Beric to bring the moutain to justice.

The thing is, is he sends Lord Beric, Thoros of myr and then to randoms to bring twenty men to the party.

What i would like to know is Who the hell is Lord Lothar & Ser Gladden?

I have searched on the wiki and naff all, anyone know anything about these pair?

Hello just doing a re-read of aGoT, i just finshed the Eddard chapter were he sends Lord Beric to bring the moutain to justice.

The thing is, is he sends Lord Beric, Thoros of myr and then to randoms to bring twenty men to the party.

What i would like to know is Who the hell is Lord Lothar & Ser Gladden?

I have searched on the wiki and naff all, anyone know anything about these pair?

Did you find these pages...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lothar_Mallery

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gladden_Wylde

What are the remaining houses that were Targaryen bannermen, but weren't extinguished during Robert's rebellion?

Well technically every house in Westeros owed allegiance to the Targaryens. You mean crownlands houses that were sworn directly to them? Here's a list:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Crownlands#Houses

Though some of those listed were created after the rebellion. We can't be sure which ones are still around, but we know the Darklyns and Hollards aren't. Though they were extinguished before the rebellion. I'm not sure any crownlands houses were destroyed during the rebellion. But I could be forgetting something.

castamere was given to house Spicer, but isn't castamere still flooded and destroyed from when Tywin got rid of house reyne? the world book states it has never been reopened so why grant it to a vassel?

Tywin gave him a lordship, but not a choice one.

Was House Selmy raised to a lordly house sometime in the past half-century or so? I thought I recalled that its head was a landed knight (and Barristan's dad was head of the house and listed as a knight), but just saw a Wiki entry for a Lord Arstan Selmy, Barristan's grandnephew and current head of the house.

Was House Selmy raised to a lordly house sometime in the past half-century or so? I thought I recalled that its head was a landed knight (and Barristan's dad was head of the house and listed as a knight), but just saw a Wiki entry for a Lord Arstan Selmy, Barristan's grandnephew and current head of the house.

I'm prwtty sure Barristan's father was a younger brother of the lord.

Perhaps. Maybe they sided with Robert during the Robellion and got a bonus out of the deal. The Connington's were probably not the only family to lose lands/titles. And, if someone loses lands/titles, they have to go somewhere.

Perhaps. Maybe they sided with Robert during the Robellion and got a bonus out of the deal. The Connington's were probably not the only family to lose lands/titles. And, if someone loses lands/titles, they have to go somewhere.

Good point. I thought of the Selmys as being loyalist because of Barristan's injuries at the Trident, but was a Kingsguard and might very well have been fighting in opposition to his family, who were Baratheon bannermen.

So Lysa reveals at some point that she was the one to poison Jon Aryn. If this is the case why was she so upset with Cat for bringing Tyrion to the Vale for trial. Why would Lysa be suspicious of the Lannisters or hate them? Originally I thought her paranoia was because she thought they poisoned her husband, but since thats not the case I'm at a loss. The only other thing I can think of is just a distaste for them?

So Lysa reveals at some point that she was the one to poison Jon Aryn. If this is the case why was she so upset with Cat for bringing Tyrion to the Vale for trial. Why would Lysa be suspicious of the Lannisters or hate them? Originally I thought her paranoia was because she thought they poisoned her husband, but since thats not the case I'm at a loss. The only other thing I can think of is just a distaste for them?

Well, when Tyrion won his trial, she was exposed for having accused him falsely. And she wanted no part of the Lannister; Stark fight.

Well, when Tyrion won his trial, she was exposed for having accused him falsely. And she wanted no part of the Lannister; Stark fight.

Someone who doesn't want to take part in a Stark vs. Lannister fight wouldn't try sentencing a Lannister to death, knowing Tywin wouldn't take that lightly.

By bringing Tyrion Lannister to the Vale as a prisoner, Catelyn has placed Lysa in jeopardy of being sucked into a horrid political situation or a terrible war. Tywin Lannister is renown for extinguishing Houses that cross him or his. It's akin to drawing the scrying eye of Sauron down upon Lysa and her child. Of secondary concern is that she and Littlefinger will be exposed for their role in Arryn's murder.

She also hated the Lannisters, just like she hated her husband, because they wanted to take Sweetrobin away from her. The Lannisters wanted to send him to be fostered at Casterly Rock with Tywin, and Jon Arryn wanted to send him to be fostered at Dragonstone with Stannis. Lysa was crazyly obsessed with her son and she viewed anyone who attempted to take him away from her as an enemy. She didn't care that Tyrion himself was innocent, he was a Lannister, therefore he was her enemy.

And given how crazy she was, I wouldn't be surprised if she had started to actually believe that the Lannisters had something to do with her husband's death, given how many times she told that lie. After all, she may have rationalized her own actions by thinking that the Lannisters started everything: they came up with the idea to send little Robert to CR, which led Jon to consider sending him to Dragonstone, which led Lysa to poison Jon. By some twisted logic, she could have blamed the Lannisters for everything.

Archived