A+J=T v.5

UnmaskedLurker

It's funny to me because everyone on this forum is so serious about ASOIAF, I think we would be hard pressed to find someone who has not read the sample WoW chapters. but whatevs, I fixed my post.

I fixed mine as well. I forget that the formal rules want this stuff in spoiler boxes. I find the entire idea of spoiler warning and spoiler boxes silly. If someone wants to avoid spoilers, stay off a forum like this one. But obviously others disagree, and I try my best to respect the reasonable expectations of others on this board. Sorry for my error.

Your aware this only helps to disprove this theory. He's seeing targaryens and the blood of targaryens as dragons but he sees tyrion for what he is.

"I see lots of dragons and you are in their midst" - it's not exactly a definitive argument against A+J=T. The meaning is ambiguous; it can easily be argued both ways. It's another indication that Tyrion is important, though.

Your aware this only helps to disprove this theory. He's seeing targaryens and the blood of targaryens as dragons but he sees tyrion for what he is.

“Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all.”

To me it is the opposite, he sees a group of dragon including Tyrion.

Aemon & Jon, fAegon & Daenerys, Varys & Illyrio... and the only person on Planetos that has met all 6 of them (or will when he meets Daenerys if the show is any indication), the seventh Dragon; Tyrion.

I wondered why I had no notifications for 3 days (away from my computer - iPhone only) and checking tonight I realised the thread V4 was closed! Mods, maybe it's time to pin this thread just below A+J=T? :cool4:

Because my "closing" post of V4 was at a start of a new page I guess nobody read it... Discussing the future of Jon as a dragon rider with Suzanna Stormborn (I am not convinced he is going to become one, see above) the following occurred to me:

1. Say, Jon is a Dragon but will not become a dragon rider: how do we (the readers) know? The answer is R+L=T v144...

2. Say, Tyrion is a dragon and will become a dragon rider: We will know he is a Dragon when he rides Viserion, so we do not need as many hints at AJT, but we do need a few for T+V.

"I see lots of dragons and you are in their midst" - it's not exactly a definitive argument against A+J=T. The meaning is ambiguous; it can easily be argued both ways. It's another indication that Tyrion is important, though.

He's seeing dragons but he doesn't associate Tyrion as a dragon. He sees Tyrion as a small man, posing a danger to real dragons.

It definitely isn't an argument for A+J=T.

Edit - and if you say it is your taking some real stretches.

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all.”

Tyrion is snarling however, which is dragon like behavior. He could Tyrion could be seen as a small man with a big shadow when he is talking to him, but see Tyrion as a dragon in his vision but not mention that.

But this does not prove or disapprove anything in my opinion.

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all.

Tyrion is snarling however, which is dragon like behavior. He could Tyrion could be seen as a small man with a big shadow when he is talking to him, but see Tyrion as a dragon in his vision but not mention that.

But this does not prove or disapprove anything in my opinion.

No, it's dog like behaviour.

Like I said if your trying to fit this in with A+J=T argument your taking some big stretches.

He sees tyrion as a man in the vision. Not a dragon.

The dragons old are aemon and bloodraven. Young, true, bright, dark probably refer to aegon and dany.

Don't see how Tyrion fits into this.

He's seeing dragons but he doesn't associate Tyrion as a dragon. He sees Tyrion as a small man, posing a danger to real dragons.

It definitely isn't an argument for A+J=T.

Edit - and if you say it is your taking some real stretches.

Well, I do:

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

We should separate what Moqorro sees in the flames from what he is meant to see :

- He sees six dragons, i.e beasts, that appear to him with the characteristics he describes (old, young etc.) and he sees Tyrion, i.e. the (small) man, in the middle of them, strangely snarling and casting a big shadow (suggesting dragon traits).

- What he is meant to see is unclear for him (as it is for us), but it would make sense if he saw 7 dragons. Indeed, Tyrion is the only character he has met for real (unlike Dany, Jon, Aegon, Aemon etc.) therefore there is a chance that this is why he does not see a 7th beast but the real dragon (Tyrion) without realising it. This is very similar to Mel seeing Jon in her flames and not understanding why, but only after she has met him (before meeting him she saw snow or Stannis who is somewhat of a black commander too)

- What he is meant to see is unclear for him (as it is for us),

It's not unclear, he's seeing dragons and he's seeing tyrion, tyrion as a man not as a dragon.

- He sees six dragons, i.e beasts, that appear to him with the characteristics he describes (old, young etc.) and he sees Tyrion, i.e. the (small) man, in the middle of them, strangely snarling and casting a big shadow (suggesting dragon traits).

I'm afraid the shadow refers to power.

Varys smiled. "Here, then. Power resides where men believe it resides. No more, no less."

"So it's a mummer's trick?"

"A shadow on the wall," Varys murmured, "yet shadows can kill. And oftimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow."

Tyrion snarling and casting a large shadow ("shadows can kill") in the midst of dragons shows how he is a danger to them. A threat. It doesn't help in any way to the topic being presented, in fact it only weakens it.

We do not know if Moqorro tells the truth, no? You guys know what he is promising Victarion - do you think he is sincere there? The man didn't even tell Tyrion that a storm was coming and that he would be enslaved - despite the fact that he knew that, too.

Moqorro gives Tyrion a hint that he could be a dragon, too, but he may have his own interests and reasons why he didn't reveal that then and there. Obviously Tyrion was the key as to why Benerro/Moqorro and the Widow of the Waterfront allowed Tyrion, Penny, and Jorah take that ship (before the Widow realized who Tyrion was she had no intention to help Jorah). Has anyone ever asked why that is? What see they in Tyrion? What use could he be for them? They don't give a fig about Westeros and the Iron Throne - for them Dany is supposed to become their saviour. If Tyrion will become a dragonrider he is important for them, though. And how can he become a dragonrider? If he is Aerys' son.

We do not know if Moqorro tells the truth, no? You guys know what he is promising Victarion - do you think he is sincere there? The man didn't even tell Tyrion that a storm was coming and that he would be enslaved - despite the fact that he knew that, too.

Moqorro gives Tyrion a hint that he could be a dragon, too, but he may have his own interests and reasons why he didn't reveal that then and there. Obviously Tyrion was the key as to why Benerro/Moqorro and the Widow of the Waterfront allowed Tyrion, Penny, and Jorah take that ship (before the Widow realized who Tyrion was she had no intention to help Jorah). Has anyone ever asked why that is? What see they in Tyrion? What use could he be for them? They don't give a fig about Westeros and the Iron Throne - for them Dany is supposed to become their saviour. If Tyrion will become a dragonrider he is important for them, though. And how can he become a dragonrider? If he is Aerys' son.

He won't become a dragon rider. The white dragon with the red veins foreshadowed jon becoming a dragonrider.

And once again the lengths people are going to make this work. Should we just doubt everything everyone says? Should we just discard whats written in the books so it can fit our own beliefs?

I don't know if moqorro is sincere. We currently know little about moqorro. We don't know if he knew about the slavers or tyrion being enslaved.

And if he did doesn't that adds up with the vision he saw, tyrion being a danger to dragons. No?

Archived