A+J=T v.5

UnmaskedLurker

Well, Moqorro is an enigmatic figure with his own agenda. Check how he talks to Vic. The man is not realizing that Moqorro is using him. And it is striking that Tyrion is Jorah's ticket to Meereen for some reason, no?

We argued this Moqorro thing to a standstill two or three thread versions ago.

It is perfectly ambiguous, both because it is a R'hllor follower's vision, and because GRRM intends it to be tantalizing and mysterious. It is not possible to say with certainty whether it implies Tyrion is amongst the dragons or separate from them, due to the ambiguous grammar.

Neither interpretation is a 'stretch': it could mean 'I see dragons, of these various types, and also I see you' or 'I see dragons, of these various types, the last of which is you'. That's how the author intended it.

If Tyrion will become a dragonrider he is important for them, though. And how can he become a dragonrider? If he is Aerys' son.

Lannisters have targ blood without this (purely for dramatic effect and not meaningful) scenario playing out.

Lannisters and Baratheons have married 3 times according to ned. Once when a lannister maid married a baratheon, the other time when a baratheon maid married a lannister and the other unknown.

So one thing we do know is that baratheon blood runs through lannister's blood.

Orys baratheon, founder of the house, was the half brother of Aegon. (Bare in mind up until targaryens came to westeros their blood was 100% pure, with no "dilution" so orys had very strong dragon blood).

And a few years after that alyssa velayron married robar baratheon and had three children.

All of this is passed onto tyrion. If he is going to ride a Dragon (still unconvinced on either side) he has the blood without this theory (which would ruin GRRM as a writer).

If Dragon blood is even a requirement

It is perfectly ambiguous, both because it is a R'hllor follower's vision, and because GRRM intends it to be tantalizing and mysterious. It is not possible to say with certainty whether it implies Tyrion is amongst the dragons or separate from them, due to the ambiguous grammar.

Neither interpretation is a 'stretch': it could mean 'I see dragons, of these various types, and also I see you' or 'I see dragons, of these various types, the last of which is you'. That's how the author intended it.

No he didn't. He sees dragons and a small man.

The logic that goes behind this theory is sooooooooo flawed. You might want to consider that it's still being argued about because you haven't proven this statement fits with your theory.

Well, Moqorro is an enigmatic figure with his own agenda. Check how he talks to Vic. The man is not realizing that Moqorro is using him. And it is striking that Tyrion is Jorah's ticket to Meereen for some reason, no?

Ugh these tyrion threads are so boring. Don't mean to be rude but it's so exasperating and frustrating reading these pro arguments. None of them have decent logic behind them.

No he didn't. He sees dragons and a small man.

The logic that goes behind this theory is sooooooooo flawed. You might want to consider that it's still being argued about because you haven't proven this statement fits with your theory.

No, it is still being argued about because, as I just said, it is deliberately ambiguous, and neither position is provable.

Ugh these tyrion threads are so boring. Don't mean to be rude but it's so exasperating and frustrating reading these pro arguments. None of them have decent logic behind them.

Your assertions are not arguments; the fact that you are exasperated by the theory is definitely not an argument against the theory.

Your assertions are not arguments; the fact that you are exasperated by the theory is definitely not an argument against the theory.

Fine I'll give my argument.

This theory would destroy a very complex and well written relationship. It would also be terrible story telling.

Tyrion is hated by tywin because he's a symbol of everything Tywin despises in himself, not because he's someone else's.

If he is Aerys's son it's giving a pass to both tywin and tyrion. Tywin for the bad parenting and tyrion for the kinslaying. That would be terrible writing. Giving a pass on events that are very defining and are cause for controversy would be awful.

All the points given for this theory can very easily he explained without the cliche.

Hair - Targaryen hair is silver with gold highlights (judging from actual examples given. Elanea, Serra, Gerold). Claiming it's a blend is supported by the show who has been very inconsistent when it comes to targ hair.

Eyes - just because a past targ has had two eye colours doesn't mean it's now a common characteristic. The black and green eye are symbolic.

Black eye, his evil side.

Green eye, his political (lannister), kinder side.

Aerys and Joanna were near each other during the time Tyrion was conceived - sure but he publicly humiliated her during this time period. And Joanna the ruler of tywin lannister isn't someone likely to be raped.

Dragonrider - already has targ blood through baratheon/lannister marriages.

This theory has come about because people aren't seeing the symbolism of these points your trying to make.

People have looked at the most simplistic alternative because (no offence) they haven't read into Tyrion as a character enough.

This is why it frustrates me, because this theory is throwing away all the effort and symbolism and irony GRRM has put into Tyrion's character for some cheap alternative

Yeah, right, some occult Lannister-Baratheon match is the source for the Targaryen blood of Tyrion. If the main line of House Lannister had Baratheon blood one should expect that all the Lannisters had black hair, no?

Bringing up Moqorro to prove anything is utterly stupid in itself - about as stupid as taking Littlefinger, Varys, Olenna, or Roose Bolton at face value. We don't know the man's agenda. If you trust him, I guess I could also sell this palace in Valyria I have to offer...

Yeah, right, some occult Lannister-Baratheon match is the source for the Targaryen blood of Tyrion. If the main line of House Lannister had Baratheon blood one should expect that all the Lannisters had black hair, no?

Bringing up Moqorro to prove anything is utterly stupid in itself - about as stupid as taking Littlefinger, Varys, Olenna, or Roose Bolton at face value. We don't know the man's agenda. If you trust him, I guess I could also sell this palace in Valyria I have to offer...

You don't know anything about him. He's been trusted by the high priest to help daenerys and that's what he's doing.

This theory is utterly stupid in itself, it's the simplistic alternative people are going for because they haven't read the full depth of Tyrion or Tywin.

And Ned said the offspring of one of the lannister/baratheon marriages had black hair. Baratheon genes aren't that strong that the characteristics will live on for ever and ever.

And you brought up moqorro, no?

Fine I'll give my argument.

This theory would destroy a very complex and well written relationship. It would also be terrible story telling.

Tyrion is hated by tywin because he's a symbol of everything Tywin despises in himself, not because he's someone else's.

If he is Aerys's son it's giving a pass to both tywin and tyrion. Tywin for the bad parenting and tyrion for the kinslaying. That would be terrible writing. Giving a pass on events that are very defining and are cause for controversy would be awful.

All the points given for this theory can very easily he explained without the cliche.

Hair - Targaryen hair is silver with gold highlights (judging from actual examples given. Elanea, Serra, Gerold). Claiming it's a blend is supported by the show who has been very inconsistent when it comes to targ hair.

Eyes - just because a past targ has had two eye colours doesn't mean it's now a common characteristic. The black and green eye are symbolic.

Black eye, his evil side.

Green eye, his political (lannister), kinder side.

Aerys and Joanna were near each other during the time Tyrion was conceived - sure but he publicly humiliated her during this time period. And Joanna the ruler of tywin lannister isn't someone likely to be raped.

Dragonrider - already has targ blood through baratheon/lannister marriages.

Thanks for stating your case. As you may be aware, we've been over this stuff to the point of exhaustion on this thread, and I don't want to restate what is available to read in the archive, on both sides of the argument.

I don't recall anyone making the case that Tyrion's black eye represents his evil side, however. I would disagree on the grounds that George doesn't tend to deploy the concept of evil and sin, and his characters dwell in a more realistic world of moral relativity. He does not use the color black to represent evil. The most implacable antagonists in the book by far, the Others, are not associated with the color black, but rather they have milky skin and blue eyes. The color black is associated with the Night's Watch who stand in direct opposition to the Others.

This theory has come about because people aren't seeing the symbolism of these points your trying to make.

People have looked at the most simplistic alternative because (no offence) they haven't read into Tyrion as a character enough.

This is why it frustrates me, because this theory is throwing away all the effort and symbolism and irony GRRM has put into Tyrion's character for some cheap alternative

Everything that happened between Tyrion and Tywin can't be undone. Tywin is dead, there is no changing his relationship to Tyrion now. I don't see how all that dramatic storytelling is somehow made irrelevant if Tyrion learns now that Tywin was not his father by blood; Tywin is still the man who raised him. Tywin is still a bad father for mistreating a boy for something beyond his control. Tyrion still murdered the man who raised him in cold blood.

It is a matter of opinion whether it is good or bad writing for Tyrion to be entering a new phase of his identity, and we went around and around on this quite recently as I recall, with strongly held opinions on both sides.

Plus it's the fact that the lannisters share the blood of a house founded by very strong valyrian blood. And married into the same house again who married into another valyrian house that shared targaryen blood.

Once again your not reading enough into the story. Instead your taking the cheap, cliche route.

Moqorro has been brought up in the thread, not by me, though. Assuming that this man is talking the truth or saying everything he knows is just stupid - especially since we know he did keep quite a lot of his knowledge from Tyrion. Did he say he'd join Victarion Greyjoy and bring him to Meereen? No, he did not. This does not only refer to Tyrion-related stuff - it refers to everything Moqorro says or does, especially later when he is with Victarion.

If black hair doesn't prevail usually with Baratheons when they marry common blondes why the hell are then all known Baratheons black-haired? And all of Robert's bastards regardless of what colour the hair of their mothers were? Lannister genes don't protect against that, Gowen Baratheon and Tya Lannister are proof of that.

Oh, and it is an unconfirmed rumour that Orys Baratheon was Aegon's half-brother. The main Baratheon line as a confirmed drop of Targaryen blood through Alyssa Velaryon, though. And presumably through those matches Renly cites in ACoK.

I don't recall anyone making the case that Tyrion's black eye represents his evil side, however. I would disagree on the grounds that George doesn't tend to deploy the concept of evil and sin, and his characters dwell in a more realistic world of moral relativity.

"and you had been born with thick black hair and a beard besides, an evil eye and lions claws".

"You did have one evil eye and some black fuzz on your scalp".

"He scratched at the scar of his nose and have the dornishmen a taste of his evil eye".

"Gooseprickles covered her arms and legs. She kept her eyes on the floor, to look at him, but when she was done she glanced up and found him staring. There was hunger in his green eye and fury in the black".

The contrast is shown between the green and black eye.

I'm not saying black is evil in general but with Tyrion his black eye represents his evil side. The green eye his kinder one.

The human heart in conflict with itself, that's what GRRM wants. The inner character fighting with oneself.

His green eye comes from his lannister background. He was kind and caring or close enough, (what his green eye represents) during a game of thrones to a storm of swords because he was associated and identified with the lannisters (green eyes are lannister eyes).

But now that he's detached himself from an identity he's now spiteful and evil, or close enough (what his black eye represents).

His eye colours are far more meaningful. Certainly more than shiera seastar had a blue and green eye

"and you had been born with thick black hair and a beard besides, an evil eye and lions claws".

"You did have one evil eye and some black fuzz on your scalp".

"He scratched at the scar of his nose and have the dornishmen a taste of his evil eye".

"Gooseprickles covered her arms and legs. She kept her eyes on the floor, to look at him, but when she was done she glanced up and found him staring. There was hunger in his green eye and fury in the black".

The contrast is shown between the green and black eye.

I'm not saying black is evil in general but with Tyrion his black eye represents his evil side. The green eye his kinder one.

The human heart in conflict with itself, that's what GRRM wants. The inner character fighting with oneself.

His green eye comes from his lannister background. He was kind and caring or close enough, (what his green eye represents) during a game of thrones to a storm of swords because he was associated and identified with the lannisters (green eyes are lannister eyes).

But now that he's detached himself from an identity he's now spiteful and evil, or close enough (what his black eye represents).

His eye colours are far more meaningful. Certainly more than shiera seastar had a blue and green eye

If his green eye is the Lannister one - and I don't agree that the Lannisters are particularly associated with kindness - what is the origin of his black eye? There's no devil in this world. For me the symbolism of the two-colored eyes shows his split destiny, split between his two fathers, and two potential allegiances to great families - Lannister and Targaryen (also seen in his dream where he has two heads). But it's not a struggle between good and evil. Neither house is inherently good or evil. They are both self-serving.

His lifelong struggle against Tywin is a great example of the heart in conflict with itself, and that is not changed by him learning that Aerys is his biological father. Because having Aerys as a father is just as likely to inspire Tyrion to an inner conflict. Aerys was violent and insane. Surely this won't put Tyrion at ease about himself?

If his green eye is the Lannister one - and I don't agree that the Lannisters are particularly associated with kindness - what is the origin of his black eye? There's no devil in this world. For me the symbolism of the two-colored eyes shows his split destiny, split between his two fathers, and two potential allegiances to great families - Lannister and Targaryen (also seen in his dream where he has two heads). But it's not a struggle between good and evil. Neither house is inherently good or evil. They are both self-serving.

I was meaning his green eye is showing his kindness because in the time he was kind and caring he was referred to as a lannister and treated as one. He was kind because he had an identity.

The black one doesn't have an origin. It represents his evil side. We've seen his evil side come to light after A storm of swords. His evil side came to light when he no longer had a family or an identity to hide behind. He became spiteful and cruel.

His green eye represents the kindness he showed when he was referred to as a lannister (lannisters and green eyes).

His black eye when he no longer had any family and become a corpse of who he was. If that makes any sense. Tyrion isn't purely good or purely evil. He's a both and he struggles with finding out what one he is, good or bad (even in ADWD).

His lifelong struggle against Tywin is a great example of the heart in conflict with itself, and that is not changed by him learning that Aerys is his biological father. Because having Aerys as a father is just as likely to inspire Tyrion to an inner conflict. Aerys was violent and insane. Surely this won't put Tyrion at ease about himself?

It would though. He's becoming the monster everyone thought he was. What his father (in this sense tywin) thought he was.

Killing him was a major thing. It served as a detachment to his previous self, and continues to do so because he's constantly reminded of his actions and the treatment he received.

If he did find out Aerys was his dad (in this scenario) it would cancel this out. Tywin's previous wrong doings would be wiped clean, and Tyrion's wrong doings as well. There's no struggling with his good and bad side, it's just "your free from all your crimes"

Tyrion is like the deuteragonist of a classical play. The deuteragonist would bounce between the protagonist, Daenerys in second of three acts of ASOIAF, the Second Dance of the Dragons (the first was the War of the Five Kings and the final act will be the War for the Dawn), and the antagonist, Aegon, further suggesting that old and young are House Targaryen and House Blackfyre, true and false are Daenerys Daughter of Aerys and Aegon son of Rhaegar, and bright and dark are the red dragon and the black dragon.

Tyrion's eyes may allude to the upcoming Dance between the new blacks, who will back Daenerys, who rides Drogon, and the new greens, who will back Aegon, who will ride Rhaegal.

Yet somehow she managed the laces and buttons, and her cloak and gown and girdle and undersilk slid to the floor, until finally she was stepping out of her smallclothes. Gooseprickles covered her arms and legs. She kept her eyes on the floor, too shy to look at him, but when she was done she glanced up and found him staring. There was hunger in his green eye, it seemed to her, and fury in the black. Sansa did not know which scared her more.

Sansa III, Storm 28

The lust in Tyrion's green eye may have something to do with Aegon (and here comes Arianne, mmm), while the fury in Tyrion's black eye may have something to do with Daenerys (fire and blood).

While I acknowledge the strong arguments in favor of Tryion being the natural son of Aerys and Joanna Lannister, I am not convinced. But even if Tyrion doesn't ride Viserion, I believe he will help Brown Ben to ride Viserion.

Aboard the Shy Maid we first observe Tyrion play Cyvasse with Haldon. Haldon's game has wooden pieces and no colors are decribed but, "Tyrion almost grabbed his dragon but thought better of it." He recalled losing his dragon to a trebuchet in his last game. Later Tyrion did reach for his dragon and defeated the halfmaester.

The next game we see him play is against Aegon and, "The dwarf pushed his black dragon across a range of mountains." Note that Tyrion is playing, or dancing, with the Black Dragon here.

So, Tyrion will be on Daenerys's side at the beginning of the Second Dance of the Dragons. But in that same chapter, Tyrion plays against a Volantene who "moved his catapult again, closed his hand around Tyrion's alabaster dragon, removed it from the board." Tyrion next plays cyvasse with the cook aboard the Stinky Steward but with little description. He does leave one game needing clear his head of rum and elephants. And who has elephants?

After crushing Brown Ben in several games, Tyrion taps his dragon and notes that he was lucky. Later when Tyrion negotiates his escape with Brown Ben he spies a Cyvasse table and remarks his "throat is as dry as an old bone." That's a pretty curious way to say you're thirsty. But bones are white. Like alabaster.

In Winds

when Brown Ben decides to turn his cloak yet again and Jorah cuts down a Yunkish soldier, scattering cyvasse pieces, the white dragon lands at Tyrion's feet. Tyrion picks it up and wipes the red blood from it.

So Tyrion wipes the red from his dragon.

Now, what's up with Ulf the White in The Princess and the Queen? That's an odd name, no? He was so called because of his pale blond hair, like Tyrion's...

Then he saw the other one, waddling along half-hidden by his brother's side. Tyrion Lannister . . . One green eye and one black one peered out from under a lank fall of hair so blond it seemed white.

Ulf the White slept through the second battle of Tumbleton. Tyrion nearly slept through the battle of the Green Fork...

Tyrion went to sleep smiling . . .. . . and woke in darkness to the blare of trumpets. Shae was shaking him by the shoulder.

Ok, ok, so Tyrion did not sleep through the fighting, but he had to be roused by a whore.

Ulf the White was a drunkard who enjoyed diddling whores, just like Tyrion...

"Do you need a woman so badly, Yollo?" "A man grows weary of having no lovers but his fingers." ... He needed wine. A lot of wine. He seized the flagon with both hands and raised it to his lips. The wine ran red. Down his throat, down his chin. It dripped from his beard and soaked the feather bed. In the candlelight it looked as dark as the wine that had poisoned Joffrey. When he was done he tossed the empty flagon aside and half-rolled and half-staggered to the floor, groping for a chamber pot. There was none to be found. His stomach heaved, and he found himself on his knees, retching on the carpet, that wonderful thick Myrish carpet, as comforting as lies.

So if you accept other foreshadowing that the white dragon is headed toward Tyrion, perhaps Ulf the White's actions foreshadow that Tyrion will betray Daenerys in the Second Dance of the Dragons. Somebody has to betray Dany for gold. Why not for all the gold of Casterly Rock? Tyrion signed away a lot of gold in Ben's tent...

One day he might rue these signatures.

Tyrion XII, Dance 66

It's not unclear, he's seeing dragons and he's seeing tyrion, tyrion as a man not as a dragon.I'm afraid the shadow refers to power.

Tyrion snarling and casting a large shadow ("shadows can kill") in the midst of dragons shows how he is a danger to them. A threat. It doesn't help in any way to the topic being presented, in fact it only weakens it.

And who's the shadow on the wall? Jon, the main head of the dragons.

As for shadows and dragons take your pick:

Snarling evokes dogs and wolves better than dragons, granted (but who has ever heard a dragon? Snarl works for me), bus as for shadow, take your pick :

"The shadows come to dance, my lord, dance my lord, dance my lord," the fool sang on, swinging his head and making his bells clang and clatter.

"You are more ignorant than a child, ser knight. There are no shadows in the dark. Shadows are the servants of light, the children of fire. The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows."

. . . the shape of shadows . . . morrows not yet made . . . drink from the cup of ice . . . drink from the cup of fire . . . mother of dragons . . . child of three . . .

When she gave a yank, the black dragon raised his head, hissing, and unfolded wings of night and scarlet. Kraznys mo Nakloz smiled broadly as their shadow fell across him.

"The last dragon died before you were born," said Sam. "How could you remember them?"

"I see them in my dreams, Sam. I see a red star bleeding in the sky. I still remember red. I see their shadows on the snow, hear the crack of leathern wings, feel their hot breath.

"It were the black one," the man said, in a Ghiscari growl, "the winged shadow. He come down from the sky and … and …"

And Drogon …

The winged shadow, the grieving father called him. He was the largest of her three, the fiercest, the wildest, with scales as black as night and eyes like pits of fire.

"Every man who walks the earth casts a shadow on the world. Some are thin and weak, others long and dark. You should look behind you, Lord Snow. The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall."

Shadows in the shape of skulls, skulls that turned to mist, bodies locked together in lust, writhing and rolling and clawing. Through curtains of fire great winged shadows wheeled against a hard blue sky.

Drogon rose, his wings covering her in shadow.

"The dragons will do what the dragons will do. If they do come, it may be that just the shadow of their wings will be enough to dishearten the slavers and send them fleeing."

A vast herd of horses appeared below them. There were riders too, a score or more, but they turned and fled at the first sight of the dragon. The horses broke and ran when the shadow fell upon them, racing through the grass until their sides were white with foam, tearing the ground with their hooves …

Bonus: "No one commands the dragon," Viserys snarled.

The shadows associated to possible hidden dragons (Tyrion and Jon):

When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king.

All in black, he [Jon] was a shadow among shadows, dark of hair, long of face, grey of eye.

"So power is a mummer's trick?"
"A shadow on the wall," Varys murmured, "yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow." Same quote you are referring to: the shadows that can kill clearly evokes dragons to me.
"Every man who walks the earth casts a shadow on the world. Some are thin and weak, others long and dark. You should look behind you, Lord Snow. The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall."

More dragon-shadow material from tPatQ:

Defeat seemed imminent … until a shadow swept across the battlefield, and a terrible roar resounded overhead, slicing through the sound of steel on steel. A dragon had come.
On the fourteenth day of the prince’s vigil, a shadow swept over the castle, blacker than any passing cloud. All the birds in the godswood took to the air in fright, and a hot wind whipped the fallen leaves across the yard. Vhagar had come at last, and on her back rode the one-eyed prince Aemond Targaryen, clad in night-black armor chased with gold.

They [Moondancer and Sunfyre] met amidst the darkness that comes before the dawn, shadows in the sky lighting the night with their fires.

He won't become a dragon rider. The white dragon with the red veins foreshadowed jon becoming a dragonrider.

And once again the lengths people are going to make this work. Should we just doubt everything everyone says? Should we just discard whats written in the books so it can fit our own beliefs?

I don't know if moqorro is sincere. We currently know little about moqorro. We don't know if he knew about the slavers or tyrion being enslaved.

And if he did doesn't that adds up with the vision he saw, tyrion being a danger to dragons. No?

About riding Viserion: start here: http://asoiaf.wester...s-dragonriders/

The birth of Viserion (the first egg to crack, Tyrion older than Jon and Dany): And something else came crashing down, bouncing and rolling, to land at her feet; a chunk of curved rock, pale and veined with gold, broken and smoking. The roaring filled the world, yet dimly through the firefall Dany heard women shriek and children cry out in wonder.

The crossbow: The fool was all that he had time to think as the quarrel caromed off Viserion’s neck to vanish in the gloom. A line of fire gleamed in its wake—dragon’s blood, glowing gold and red. The crossbowman was fumbling for another quarrel as the dragon’s teeth closed around his neck.

Viserion the lazy, the wise (clever): Wise?” Dany sat cross-legged on a cushion, and Viserion spread his white-and-gold wings and flapped to her side. “We shall see how wise they are,” she said as she scratched the dragon’s scaly head behind the horns. (...) Viserion sensed her disquiet. The white dragon lay coiled around a pear tree, his head resting on his tail. When Dany passed his eyes came open, two pools of molten gold. His horns were gold as well, and the scales that ran down his back from head to tail. “You’re lazy,” she told him, scratching under his jaw. (...)“You should be hunting with your brothers (...)"

Viserion the lustful enslaved: Once, not long ago, he had ridden on her shoulder, his tail coiled round her arm. Once she had fed him morsels of charred meat from her own hand. He had been the first chained up. Daenerys had led him to the pit herself and shut him up inside with several oxen. Once he had gorged himself he grew drowsy. They had chained him whilst he slept. Remind someone's story?

A big fan of the hidden in plain sight, just re-read the naming of the dragons by Daenarys:

The cream-and-gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not.

This could fully apply to Tyrion were he Dany's brother... And TV show ( I know, I should not be doing that) pretty much looks like big brother Tyrion and little sister Dany when they talk, Tyrion :"2 terrible children from 2 terrible fathers"... Well, 2 (not so) terrible children from the same one terrible father would make more sense...

Dany herself defines the three heads in aSoS:

The dragon has three heads. There are two men in the world who I can trust, if I can find them. I will not be alone then. We will be three against the world, like Aegon and his sisters.

I actually sometimes think she has the right of it, the riddle is that simple: she will find Tyrion (very soon now, has found in the show) and Jon ; she will not be alone then.

Or as Alleras says in the prologue of aFfC:

"The dragon has three heads," he announced in his soft Dornish drawl.

"Is this a riddle?" Roone wanted to know. "Sphinxes always speak in riddles in the tales."

"No riddle" = the truth is simple, the Targaryen House and their dragons are back, and there are 3 of them.

EDIT: for clarity

EDIT 2: just noticed I finally made it to "noble" after 3 years of membership, I wonder how long it will take to get into the Council... :P

It's funny to me because everyone on this forum is so serious about ASOIAF, I think we would be hard pressed to find someone who has not read the sample WoW chapters. but whatevs, I fixed my post.

Oh, was wondering if that was a dig at the "y'all" comment. Non-southerners just don't get it. :P

Well, we do have one case of Baratheons loosing the black hair they have, and that is Rhaenys the queen-who-never-was.

Her mother was Baratheon but she still had her father's white hair.

Archived