A+J=T v.5

UnmaskedLurker

Weirdo and SS beat me to the explanation for why the OP does not include the possibility of Tyrion as the mummer's dragon. I agree that it does not seem to fit, and fAegon seems much more likely to be the mummer's dragon. I also think that if Tyrion is one of the heads of the dragon, even though only a dragonseed, he should be considered a true dragon and not a mummer's dragon (which traditionally was a cloth dragon used in a production as a "foil" for the hero in the show to defeat).

By the way, I was pretty sure that the A+J=T theory did not have majority support, but I thought after WOIAF, the numbers would increase to a decent level. Apparently not -- according to this (unscientific) poll of what I think were reddit forum participants, only about 15% of people taking this poll believe in A+J=T. If we turn out to be right -- we will look brilliant :thumbsup: :bowdown: -- if we turn out to be wrong -- I will be quite embarrassed. :dunce: :spank:

Weirdo and SS beat me to the explanation for why the OP does not include the possibility of Tyrion as the mummer's dragon. I agree that it does not seem to fit, and fAegon seems much more likely to be the mummer's dragon. I also think that if Tyrion is one of the heads of the dragon, even though only a dragonseed, he should be considered a true dragon and not a mummer's dragon (which traditionally was a cloth dragon used in a production as a "foil" for the hero in the show to defeat).

By the way, I was pretty sure that the A+J=T theory did not have majority support, but I thought after WOIAF, the numbers would increase to a decent level. Apparently not -- according to this (unscientific) poll of what I think were reddit forum participants, only about 15% of people taking this poll believe in A+J=T. If we turn out to be right -- we will look brilliant :thumbsup: :bowdown: -- if we turn out to be wrong -- I will be quite embarrassed. :dunce: :spank:

So the about same amount of people believe Euron=Daario and A+J=T.

That is quite surprising actually.

Either way, it's an interesting theory.

(...)

What is D+D=T?

Tyrion is not the mummer's dragon. That is silly. Weirdo is right, he is the gargoyle, the chimera, the sphinx.

fAgon is the mummer's blackfyre dragon. not the real thing, not Rhaegar's son.

I really don't understand the resistance to the use of Quaithe as evidence of A+J=T. Is it too obvious? A single passage on a silver platter among 4000+ pages of writing. Does the theory require wheels within wheels?

In either case it makes no difference, the only way to proof is thru Dany and her dragons. If on meeting Dany, her dragons show an affinity to Tyrion in the same way shown to Brown Ben Plumm that is all the proof that is needed for A+J=T. The only thing that remains is whether Tyrion is the villain of the piece (Quaithe's double warning) or is convincing enough to become Dany's protaganist

We will look brilliant because we are.

I can't believe the acceptance numbers are so low lol.

Dany+Drogo=Tyrion?

ohhh that makes perfect sense (smfh)

I really don't understand the resistance to the use of Quaithe as evidence of A+J=T. Is it too obvious? A single passage on a silver platter among 4000+ pages of writing. Does the theory require wheels within wheels?

In either case it makes no difference, the only way to proof is thru Dany and her dragons. If on meeting Dany, her dragons show an affinity to Tyrion in the same way shown to Brown Ben Plumm that is all the proof that is needed for A+J=T. The only thing that remains is whether Tyrion is the villain of the piece (Quaithe's double warning) or is convincing enough to become Dany's protaganist

Well we are in total agreement there (bolded) :cheers:

Is there a way to vote still?

But I can't believe that A+J=T and Euron = Daario are almost at the same level. Hahahahahaha

And twice as many people believe Syrio is a alive.

Unbelievable!

Is there a way to vote still?

But I can't believe that A+J=T and Euron = Daario are almost at the same level. Hahahahahaha

And twice as many people believe Syrio is a alive.

Unbelievable!

HR=HS has more followers than A+J=T. :rofl:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."--Agent K

I think that applies to those poll results.

Tyrion is neither a Lion nor a Mummer's dragon, he is all at once, he is the Sphinx, he is the Riddle : a monster, half-man (!), half-lion, with a serpent (dragon?) tail and (dragon?) wings. His face is even noseless, just like the famous Egypt statue and his mismatched eyes are those of a Chimera, another ancient creature.

Interesting observation. I've never looked at the Sphinx imagery in this way.

Aemon and Sarella have mentioned it. Aemon may be referring to some part of Targaryen prophecy, and Sarella may have seen something through the glass candles or picked up on something from Marwyn.

I've long thought Sarella herself is the Sphinx, because that is her nickname in Oldtown, but maybe it is indeed hiding another meaning.

It has never been a popular theory. Inate resistance to it is very high; a large number of people show an immediate allergic reaction.

Thus, I would not place much stock in the numbers.

Aemon and Sarella have mentioned it. Aemon may be referring to some part of Targaryen prophecy, and Sarella may have seen something through the glass candles or picked up on something from Marwyn.

I've long thought Sarella herself is the Sphinx, because that is her nickname in Oldtown, but maybe it is indeed hiding another meaning.

There are a ton of references to it in DwD alone, check these out;

“Do I offend you sweetling? I am an offensive creature, as my father would be glad to tell you if he were not dead and rotting.”

“Have you ever bedded a monster before?

“What a wretched creature I’ve become.”

“That night TYrion Lannister dreamed of a battle that turned the hills of Westeros as red as blood. He was in the midst of it, dealing death with an axe as big as he was, fighting side by side with Barristan the bold and Bittersteel as dragons wheeled across the sky above them. In the dream he had two heads, both noseless. His father led the enemy, so he slew him once again. Then he killed his brother, Jaime, hacking at his face until it was a red ruin, laughing every time he struck a blow. Only when the fight was finished did he realize that his second head was weeping.”

Monsters should be larger, it seems to me. You are worth a lordship back in Westeros, little man. Here, I fear, your worth is somewhat less. But I think I had best help you after all.”

“You are too kind,” Tyrion gave her his sweetest smile. “Perhaps you would remove these charming iron bracelets as well? This monster has but half a nose, and it itches most abominably.”

“No matter, Griff. You are no knight and I am Hugor Hill, a little monster. Your little monster, if you like."

“The Mother and the Father made us in their image, Hugor. We should glory in our bodies, for they are the work of the gods,”

The gods must have been drunk when they got to me.”

“All that ended abruptly the day his father returned from a sojourn in KL. That night at supper Tyrion surprised his sire by walking the length of the high-table on his hands. Lord Tywin was not pleased. “The gods made you a dwarf. Must you be a fool as well? You were born a lion, not a monkey.”

“They hacked off her brother’s head in the hope that it was mine, yet here It sits like some bloody gargoyle, offering empty consolations. If I were her, I’d want nothing more than to shove me into the sea.”

“Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all.”

Tyrion is the Sphinx and Tyrion will ride a dragon (Viserion) are 2 of my strongest inner beliefs, much stronger than A+J in truth. But what to make of these 2 postulates with regard to the end game is another matter altogether!

Archived