Cursed is the kinslayer/Shireen's Revenge

Robb_Warged

And how does that make what I said not true? And, as vuk pointed out, Stannis is doing the same thing. What I was implying is that Stannis is making some very bold decisions here that could result in the near destruction of his house. It may not be instantaneous, but eventually it could happen, like with the Targaryens.

With only living heir burned by his own order, Stan's line is near instantaneous destruction. Baratheon family also except some of Robert's bastards.

Burning your sole heir, yeah that would make you a hard sell for other feudal lords. But I m hoping this is a show only thing, and stannis is actually not a participant in shireen's burning in the books.

My wishful thinking is that D&D have made stannis a participant in shireen burning on the show to shock and or make stannis turning on melisandre at a later point more dramatic. I could imagine stannis strangling melisandre next season like he did in season 2 (something that wasn't in the books!) while telling her "you made me kill my daughter my heir" but this time he ll go all the way and kill her.

I got the impression that at this point ShowStannis has bought in completely to Melisandre's conviction that he is AA reborn. Shireen asks him "aren't you cold?", he says "no" and I think this signifies he has put his doubts aside and, like Mel, he has the LoL keeping him warm.

ShowStannis doesn't see himself as "evil" for burning his daughter; he see's himself as someone who has made a sacrifice (in both terms of the word) for the greater good. His final scenes with Shireen are him coming to terms with this decision. He's not trying to justify what he is about to do, he is trying to explain his reasons to her.

Whither or not ShowStannis has a change of heart later remains to be seen.

If you are cursed to die sometime terribly in the future because you killed your close kin, no matter the circumstances... doesn't that mean Meera should be hit by a stray arrow from the battle of Winterfell here pretty soon? She killed Jojen, to put him out of his misery, but she killed him all the same

If you are cursed to die sometime terribly in the future because you killed your close kin, no matter the circumstances... doesn't that mean Meera should be hit by a stray arrow from the battle of Winterfell here pretty soon? She killed Jojen, to put him out of his misery, but she killed him all the same

Don't forget Tyrion.

With only living heir burned by his own order, Stan's line is near instantaneous destruction. Baratheon family also except some of Robert's bastards.

Bastards aren't family. Robert's claim to the throne passes to some Estermont, or even to a Targaryen

I was implying that Jaime killed Tyrion's dad

That is not canon in the least so cut it out.

Well Stannis definitely got what he deserved with that. The killing of his daughter served nothing other than devastation in the show. He knows it and did you notice he seemed more than a little willing to accept it? Brienne didnt kill him and we all know that.

That is not canon in the least so cut it out.

Well Stannis definitely got what he deserved with that. The killing of his daughter served nothing other than devastation in the show. He knows it and did you notice he seemed more than a little willing to accept it? Brienne didnt kill him and we all know that.

Do we all know that? I was wondering, and idk, why would she spare him?

Archived