Cursed is the kinslayer/Shireen's Revenge

Robb_Warged

You mean about Carstark? I know he says that but I don't buy it. They are too far removed by now. Renly is immediate family though.

Renly also breaks old laws of succession and seeks to kingslay. So there is at least some ambiguity there. Shireen on the other hand...

I'll be very surprised if Davos doesn't ditch Stannis after this. God, I hate Mel.

I wholehearted agree. I can hear Davos now, 'I can't believe I let that guy cut off my fingers'....This is probably where he leaves to go find Rickon, but I don't know how he would find that out, unless he hears it from Sansa.

Do you think there is a chance that Selyse will try to kill Mel? Especially if Stannis loses the battle? How do you think Mel could be killed?

Didn't Stannis have any ravens that he could have sent to the wall?

Even Tywin feared being a kinslayer. Funny how Stannis isn't worried about that, yet he believes Mel. If 'oh you sweet summer child' applies to anyone it's Stannis lol

Renly also breaks old laws of succession and seeks to kingslay. So there is at least some ambiguity there. Shireen on the other hand...

the taboo seem like one of those one that the gods will damn you no matter how it happens even if stannis was defending himself from renly attacking him with a sword or something.

like meduse, she got raped by a god yet she was the one who got punished by athena

The curse is a superstition. There have been plenty kinslayers who went on to live a long life, Brynden Rivers as an example.

I always thought of it as more taboo not a curse. I mean, yes, it is sometimes defined as that but I agree that it is superstition. Though on the flip superstitious things are sometimes magic with another name in this world... Or sometimes they are just consequences.

The curse is a superstition. There have been plenty kinslayers who went on to live a long life, Brynden Rivers as an example.

yeah i became a crazy tree dude a lot of people would say that is a punishment

I always thought of it as more taboo not a curse. I mean, yes, it is sometimes defined as that but I agree that it is superstition. Though on the flip superstitious things are sometimes magic with another name in this world... Or sometimes they are just consequences.

yeah it really is something the the people who in the world really hate and would mark you as someone you should avoid or etc..

Agree completely. It's not a stretch to think that people involved in kinslaying are knee deep in trouble anyway so them getting what's coming seems a likely consequence.

my boyfriend is an unsullied viewer and he seems to think it will all work out for Stannis the Mannis. Boy will he be upset when shit hits the fan also hes not at all upset about him burning his daughter

.......... >_< I suppose statistically these people have to exist........

I've made this point before but I think it bears repeating.

My theory is that it is not King's Blood that Mel really wants. Baratheon blood is valuable not because they just became kings. It's valuable because Stannis' grandmother was a Targaryen.

On that basis, Florent blood is worthless, as is Stark blood - pending the results of Jon Snow's paternity test.

The funny thing is, that also opens the door for Robert to be Jon Snow's father. Either way, it's still R+L=J.

Love the reminder that daddy could be Robert. From a casting persepctive, Jon Snow has that curly mop of dark hair...yummy

There's a theory going round that the warm spell, which Mel says is a gift from R'hllor for the sacrifice, is actually going to make it a lot easier for LF to march the Knights of the Vale up the King's Road to kill them all.

It has to work out for Stannis. Renly was the biggest jackass in the entire series who would rather kill his older brother than see him as king..so obviously Stannis is going to have the same attitude in defending himself..Renly shouldn't count against Stannis. He did save thousands of lives from that battle by using a shadow to kill only Renly,..it could have been worse. Shireen, okay, i get it..she was his only daughter and the most innocent character in the series..which is why it was a sacrifice. It wasn't murder..he didnt laugh hysterically like Aerys when she burned..he was incredibly hurt and repulsed by himself i imagine..but saving the world is a difficult feat. Stannis has sacrificed everything he loves for R'hllor and he now he has no choice but to have genuine faith that what he is doing is right. Stannis has had the most interesting story in my opinion because of the Red God/magic aspect...but if it all turns out to be bullshit and the sacrifice didn't do anything but kill a child...then it will turn into a real stupid story. It would be more entertaining for a reader if the Red God actually exists and has Stannis' back

Fairy sure the sellswords would be wondering what the fuck they signed up for right now.

Like Bronn said about killing babies, the only question is how much will you pay?

Stannis' sellswords will be good if any promise of financial reward still exists.

The whole kinslaying thing is just representative of 'civilized rules' - if it is disregarded, it just shows society is further breaking down. Soon there will be cannibalism, dogs and cats living together - all that good stuff. This series has been plotting the breakdown of Westeros' society since the first episode of the first season - there is no reason for it to stop yet.

Shireen says a line to Stannis that got me thinking about Stannis' ultimate fate: "It was a disaster for the Targaryens, they never truly recovered."

I think, in the short term, the sacrifice will pay off(ie. defeating the Boltons), but long term, it will destroy Stannis.

I'll be very surprised if Davos doesn't ditch Stannis after this. God, I hate Mel.

The problem is that Davos is technically his Hand. And resigning from that post will be quite difficult.

(As we saw when Tywin wanted to quit Aerys' service after so much humiliation.)

Davos is no sell-sword after all.

Archived