[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Is the Twitter outrage about what happened on the show and not how the show did not do justice to the story lines of the books

No. I usually read on Twitter how awesome the show is but on here the show is the worst thing ever and GRRM hates D&D. It's amusing. :p

Huge letdown on Stannis but you can tell, Littlefinger and the Vale are being set up as the heroes next season as there is no other army potentially entering the North to oppose them unless the North gets Rickon and they rally around him. Sansa may or may not have survived that jump and if so, may or may not be re-captured by Ramsay. There did not look like a lot of Snow to break their fall and it looked like a larger jump than the one that Myranda suffered.

Ramsay isn't gonna just ignore Myranda's death. Either (god forbid) Sansa and/or Theon get recaptured, or he's going to go after them.

Jon's storyline is pretty clear.He will be reborn,Mel and Davos will be part of Team Snow,he will execute everyone involved,will take wildlings march to Winterfell.That's why Mel saw vision of walking aroung battlements of Winterfell and he will kill Ramsay. For The Watch was just butchered and Olly instead of Ghost.Enough is enough.

Edited by Lord Friendzone

So we never actually see Myrcella die. Does anyone think when the sand snake grabs Bronns hand and pulls him in for the ear bite that she slips him an antidote? He does give her an awkward stare after, and a guy like Bronn doesn't seem like the kinda guy that gets flustered with a crude comment and ear bite.

Ramsay isn't gonna just ignore Myranda's death. Either (god forbid) Sansa and/or Theon get recaptured, or he's going to go after them.

you can tell they are setting that up for next year, no way Sophie Turner is leaving this show anytime soon and it is obvious, D&D are in love with Ramsay. Another year of the Boltons and another 9 months of worrying if Sansa will be found and will be dragged back into and locked up in the rape room. Uggggggh

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

So, give the show some credit- it had no idea what to do without George so they just decided to torch the whole thing.

Good things: Cersei's march was great- Hdeley was terrific, they capped it off nicely and they made me not want to vomit, which was more than the rest of the show could say.

Dany- still alive. Well done. I mean, what she is doing is useless now and just taking wayyyyyyyyyy too long, but that's a little like the books.

What else... okay, they moved on with Sansa. Hey- they just drove out a useless story-line and excavated the ONE useful thing. Her.

Okay... running low now- well.. Jon died. K.... Uh... you know its shit without all the set-up with Ghost and warging that you never did, not once, this season, right?

They brought Varys back in. Made no sense why, but ... why not?

Oh- Arya. She was kinda cool, but to what end? Look, they should have done with her what they did with Bran- just say she was training and you would have had the EXACT same thing. Arya, though and unlike BRan, is popular so they had to keep her here ... doing nothing.

What I didn't like

So, I hate to beat a dead stag, but the show never, ever, ever, ever, ever ,ever EVER knew what to do with Stannis; and these final two episodes epitomized that, No fucking idea. So, last episode he murders his daughter ... for no reason. And it does nothing to help his cause because it was a dumb thing to do and the show runners were only interested in ridding the story of Stannis, not actually having a story. So, HALF his men desert, Stannis marches anyway, nobody cares; he gets to WF and he is met by a massive onslaught that he and everyone with half a brain would have seen coming. BUt it seems to surprise Stannis anyway. Because its all so fucking stupid.

But then... Brienne. AWESOME!! ! She is there to be the ultimate, shitty-story-telling cliche! She is here to get HER vengeance (selfish, stupid, empty, vacuous, meaningless vengeance). She seems so cool, right? Why? Because the show likes Brienne; they don't like Stannis. So Stannis- a major fundamental part of the story for 4 seasons is removed for a third-level character's vengeance. Dumb. LAcked origionality, depth, nuance, intelligence and wit. Nice job, D&D; you continue to show that you have no idea what to do.

Now, what about all that prophesy talk etc? Nah! That doesn't count. Why did Mel leave? Reasons. No clue what they were.

And why were we watching for the last 3 seasons? What was the point of Stannis' story-line? What was the deal? Why do any of that if you are just going to kill the guy? Why was any of this important? Interesting? Worth it?

Turns out... it wasn't. UNlike Robb who's death was the end of a war and solidified the Lannisters; Stannis' death is just D&D admitting "Look, we have no idea what we are doing here, and the Stannis story-line was too cumbersome for us and we are NOT that good at telling the story so, we HAD to spend a season killing the guy. OUr back up plan was for him to die from gout. HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE 10 EPISODES OF SHIT!!!

Now... Jaime in Dorne. Wow. There better be a war. A long destructive war. Because that was bullshit. But, again, 10 episodes to do what you should have done AT THE VERY START! Don't waste our time with this bad bad bad story-telling. Just get to killing her because we watched 10 episodes for 1 murder.

And Sam should have left in episode 2. Seriously.

Regardless, the worst season of GoT ends; I do think it was a good idea to kill off a few characters (I would have chosen differently, but WTF do I know- I thought the books were good!!!! GOD SUCH A STUPID PURIST I AM!!!! Liking stuff that's "good" and not "fucking stupid."). The story is finally coming to and end and they did a good job of giving us a rump of a show to get this show done with.

What's left? Some really lame, empty, silly and dumb things Tyrion is still alive and so is Dany and Jon (yes... he's alive... Jesus... ) And we still have Dorne to deal with and JAime is still around (hopefully he will do something). BUt when its all said and done, we watched a HUGE decline from Season 3 to season 5 (season 4 was pretty good); one of the best shows on TV turned, effortlessly, into one of the worst.

What a shame... shame... shame... shame...

On the plus side ... Ckegane bowl the hype

neutral was Jon's stabbing

awful is everything d and d did in Sorne and how the fuck is the sun going to sit the east without Quentyn

Theon and Sansa jumping into 3 in of snow so smart

No Umbers banging drums and digging traps for Freys

No mayhaps it is a blessing he may have grown to be a Frey

No the north remembers

No bath in Bolton blood

Instead of sending Massey to go get sell swords to help Shireen Stannis burns her.

Arya panicking at going blind instead of rolling with it till she thinks of the half warging idea.

No you'll have to carry me/do you know your lines

and the Stannis Roose show down was a let down