[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Wow I've read two interviews saying Jon is not coming back and Kit is going to do movies instead. If true I face the real decision as to whether to continue with this story any longer simply because aside from Tyrion there are no characters I truly root for. I think I am in shock to be honest but genuinely hard to see how I can continue watching/reading when there is no real outcome I want to see (any success for Dany would truly suck).

Seriously what? Someone said maybe he's already dead in the book and the pink letter is true. That's what I was responding to.

1. There is no pink letter in the show.

2. attempting to tease out future plot lines in the books based on events in the show is a waste of time.

I can't wait for next season when the material will be almost entirely new (depending on when twow is published).

Has anyone ever wondered whether Melisandre told Stannis what he needed to hear to get him to do what she wanted him to do, and that everything she's led him to, she led him to on purpose? Maybe she saw exactly what was going to happen to Stannis and knew that it needed to happen because she also saw what happens next or as a result. And once she realized that her work was done, she went back to Castle Black because she knew she needed to be there for Jon. I don't remember where she is at this moment in the books, but I know she's not at Castle Black, so I've always wondered how Martin will get Jon out of this. I've always believed he'd be brought back somehow (because then what was the point, really), I just don't want Jon to be some Pet Cemetery version of himself like Lady Stoneheart...

In the books, Mel is indeed at Castle Black. She never left.

As for TV Mel leading Stannis to his death just so she could burn Shireen and then run to the Wall, well I suppose that's possible.

I wish people stop saying "I like the show because it's better than wait ten years for Martin!"

It's like saying "my boyfriend beats me but it's ok because at least I have a boyfriend".

People, have some respect. Have some standards.

That's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.

The battle of winterfell won't drag on for the whole book. I'm guessing Stannis may really be dead, and so that gave D&D license to really do with the character anything they wanted.

In winds I thought that Stannis was at Winterfell... I read the Theon chapter. D&D are complete morons as they don't understand the books at all and are doing what they will.

soooo myranda pushed on one side of the wall dies, reek and sansa jump on the other side and live

yup just about all I can say about this show's "Logic"

It's very possible and logical that there is a huge snow bank piled up ouside the castle walls. It had been snowing for days (weeks?) prior and even with Mel's little Lord O light quick thaw, depending on the sun and how much snow was there to start there may still be a substantal amount...

1. There is no pink letter in the show.

2. attempting to tease out future plot lines in the books based on events in the show is a waste of time.

I can't wait for next season when the material will be almost entirely new (depending on when twow is published).

Okay I will try this one more time.

D&D said that George told them that Stannis burns Shireen in the books, and that's why the used it in the show. However, if the pink letter is 'true' in the books, and Stannis is already dead in the books , then he can't burn Shireen in the books, like they said he did. If you don't get it now, then just forget about it. LOL.