[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

What's funny is that the ship had barely even left. They could literally just turn around, go back to Dorne and be like wtf Ellaria.

I thought that. But what for? They don't have an army with them and if they turn round they have to give up Tristane.

its like jumping off a 20 story building and living

I have never seen a 20 story castle and I have seen quite a few having grown up opposite one. Masonry does not work above 10 stories, collapses under its own weight. If the snow is thick, it is survivable maybe in a book where a woman squirts shadow baby assassins out of her nether regions.

Is it just me or was Gregor recast... again?

Well, its not exactly Gregor any more, is it?

What Littlefinger was counting on in the shows did not happen: the armies of Stannis and the Boltons did not wear each other out. Stannis was utterly demolished. Baelish's only hope here is if Sansa's escape is good and she can rally the North against her cruel treatment by the Boltons. Before Winter comes, of course.

Which shows that Ramsay is cleverer than Littlefinger. Part of the point here was that littlefinger was being over-clever, like people like him often are.

No, no, no. This is Game of Thrones. A Game of Thrones is a book, Game of Thrones is a travesty.

It really annoys me when the media refuses to say ASOIAF, and says stuff like GRRM famous author of GoT. I mean, come on, if you're going to write about something at least do some fucking research.

They have killed off too many characters to mount a serious resistance to the WW if both Jon and Stannis are dead. And Dany was supposed to have Drogon by her side when the Dothraki road up. I don't like that blinding Ayra was punishment, not training. boooooooo

too many dead character make for no story at all.

Jon has to survive somehow. At this rate there won't be a single person who can warn Danny about the WW

They have killed off too many characters to mount a serious resistance to the WW if both Jon and Stannis are dead. And Dany was supposed to have Drogon by her side when the Dothraki road up. I don't like that blinding Ayra was punishment, not training. boooooooo

Jon has to survive somehow. At this rate there won't be a single person who can warn Danny about the WW

There is Sam but I dislike his character almost as much as I dislike Dany.

D&D are so obviously trolling us at this point. I mean, look at this:

1. It was called "Mother's Mercy", even though the episode had very little to do with that topic. Obviously a troll on the LSH hopefuls.

2. Jon's last word was "Olly", trolling all those who hope he warged Ghost.

3. The Benjen reference... Just to troll those of us who think Benjen still has an important roll to play.

4. Battle Of Winterfell is over in 30 seconds and happens off screen. We've been waiting years to read it, after all that buildup, it's over and like "Eh, oh yeah, Stannis lost."

5. Speaking of Stannis, he (apparently?) dies in the forest somewhere after being found by Brienne. The greatest military commander in Westeros gets beaten by Ramsay Snow, then executed by his gay brother's jilted female groupie.

6. Still in Winterfell, we were all waiting to see Sansa become a player in the game, when she picked up the corkscrew, it was like the ricin in Breaking Bad. "Who's she gonna use it on, who's she gonna use it on???" She used it on..... The door lock. Way to play the game!

7. Robert Strong, instead of his true nature being left mysteriously ambiguous, we see he has a head and even eyes. He looks like Darth Vader under the mask.

Seriously... it seems like D&D don't like criticism and are using the show to bitterly troll those who criticize them. I may be way offbase, but I think there is a fine line between "misdirection" and straight up "trolling." D&D are now crossing that line.

1. No. You can't blame them for stupid expectations. Mother's Mercy is no different than any other vague title they've had. It's your fault for thinking LSH. Like you can't mention mother without people thinking of LSH.

2. How where they trolling by having him say Olly? Where did they even mention Jon warging or hinted at it?

3. Again, what trolling? Benjen was mentioned. Again, it's your own fault having these ridiculous expectations.

4. Maybe. Or could done offscreen in the books as well. It's not the first time GRRM didn't show a battle. I remember complaining about the lack of Fist battle yet it's like the book.

5. He wasn't a great military commander. But just because you're great doesn't mean you can't lost. Napoleon eventually lost to lesser men than him.

6. What's the point of keeping it ambiguous? Everyone already knows any way. Ambiguity doesn't work any way because clearly there's a body there carrying Cersei. Is it ambiguous that Robert Strong exist or something?

WTF, FTW??! You didn't go down like that! Ghost is supposed to be in the general area of CASTLE BLACK and acting all stirbugs about the treachery in the air! Jon says his NAAAME! Not freaking Olly! Ugh. Dammit. Where are the wildlings? Where is Wun Wun? I ask you, WHERE IS THE DIREWOLF?

So, is Stannis dead?

What about that scene in the trailers with Margaery hugging on Tommen? What happened with that?

Benjen and Syrio trolling? Well played, man, you got us good.

So no Doran speech or conclusion of any kind? Just a poison kiss and some seriously embarrassing dialogue? Dumpster fire.

Dany is supposed to be eating horse with Drogon.

You know what the Mercy storyline needed? More sadistic pedophilia! No way I would have understood how much Trant sucked without it.

AaaaaaaaNd, biggest troll of all, the episode title. No LSH...which deep down I knew wouldn't be coming, so now I can take my bruised, battered heart back to the books.

Pros, I guess:

Theon finally nutting up.

Hall of faces, Jaqen.

Myranda's stage left, high time.

Stephen Dillane, always.

Lena's tears at the end.

And move the story forward...maybe Sam in Oldtown, but who would listen to him? Mel is at the Wall for a reason dammit!(Yes, I sound like I'm getting my hopes up.)

What's funny is that the ship had barely even left. They could literally just turn around, go back to Dorne and be like wtf Ellaria.

Exactly. Trystane was the Prince of Dorne and could easily command that the ship be turned around! Now he will be a hostage of the Lannisters in Kings Landing?

I predict this, Season 6 Jaime and Bronn will spend the whole season 6 on the ship to Kings Landing trying to pretend Myrcella is still alive in hopes that Prince Trystane does not find out, a la Weekend at Bernies!

How do they want to make a trailer for the next season without ruining their cliffhanger?

Stupid ending

However Sansa and Theon are alive, at least considering Theon makes it too the wall in TWOW.

Maybe the result of the fall is that Sansa is maimed and loses her famed beauty (in the sense as Tyrion lost a nose, insinuated), Maybe they meet with Asha (I forgot how tey named her in the show) maybe seeing Pod reminds her of Tyrion and they all go to Meereen to find him.