[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

I kept waiting to see if anyone would stab Jon above the shoulders. If they weren't going to bring him back they would stab him in the neck or the head. All wounds were on the lower part of the body meaning if he was resurrected his scars would be easily concealed.

Same here; I was almost scared that olly was going to slit his throat or something, but he just stabbed him in the chest.

I'm thinking Mel with bring Jon back from the dead, that's why she's there at the Wall. Thoros could bring back Berric without a sacrfice, so Mel can do the same for Jon (I don't think Shireen was for Jon at all; I think Mel made a mistake, which is why she got the hell out of there.)

Whoa. If the internet didn't break, this thread did with all this rant from pourists. Why do you even watch it? Why are you even oh GoT forums instead of sticking into asoiaf section?

I'd say that it is amusing to see all these people angry with D&D because GRRM is god and D&D (as one entity) is the devil, but acutally it's not. It's pretty annoying to know that book purists are as annoying as can be.

Well, guess what? Before making this show, this season or even the scripts, D&D sat down with GRRM and had a not so brief chat. They know the story, they know exactly what is to happen, and they will just adapt to whatever looks better on TV, without changing the greater goal whatever it is.

It's annoying haters cursing stannis for letting his daughter burn. As if all of a sudden stanis became a good person. There aren't good or bad persons on this book, there's no good or evil on life. People do whatever they were raised to believe it's right. And for god's sake, stannis started burning people on the beach.

People are also saying that theon was the best thing on the episode. What? He appeared for like two seconds and all of a sudden grew the balls he didn't even when Sansa was being raped.

People are also saying this is the worst season of the show. "Unsullied" think it's the best so far and they are not biased purists.

Whoa. If the internet didn't break, this thread did with all this rant from pourists. Why do you even watch it? Why are you even oh GoT forums instead of sticking into asoiaf section?

I'd say that it is amusing to see all these people angry with D&D because GRRM is god and D&D (as one entity) is the devil, but acutally it's not. It's pretty annoying to know that book purists are as annoying as can be.

Well, guess what? Before making this show, this season or even the scripts, D&D sat down with GRRM and had a not so brief chat. They know the story, they know exactly what is to happen, and they will just adapt to whatever looks better on TV, without changing the greater goal whatever it is.

It's annoying haters cursing stannis for letting his daughter burn. As if all of a sudden stanis became a good person. There aren't good or bad persons on this book, there's no good or evil on life. People do whatever they were raised to believe it's right. And for god's sake, stannis started burning people on the beach.

People are also saying that theon was the best thing on the episode. What? He appeared for like two seconds and all of a sudden grew the balls he didn't even when Sansa was being raped.

People are also saying this is the worst season of the show. "Unsullied" think it's the best so far and they are not biased purists.

Say what you want about D&D, the quality of the episode or the whole season, but they just gave GRRM the opportunity to tell the fate of the main characters before the show does. They could've spoil everything and they choose not to at the risk of a very, very bleak ending. Really counting on a WoW release next year now.

This a million times. If there was ever a time for GRRM to ever hurry the fuck up it's at this moment. And if he can't get Winds out before season 6, I'm giving up all hope of him finishing his series at all in by 2020.

No one thinks this is the best season. Not the critics. Not the people who haven't read the books. Even stalwart show fans and apologists started getting wobbly on the show this year.

Oh and Stannis wasn't burning anyone on the beaches in the show either, Benioff is actually that much of a hack.

1. No. You can't blame them for stupid expectations. Mother's Mercy is no different than any other vague title they've had. It's your fault for thinking LSH. Like you can't mention mother without people thinking of LSH.

2. How where they trolling by having him say Olly? Where did they even mention Jon warging or hinted at it?

3. Again, what trolling? Benjen was mentioned. Again, it's your own fault having these ridiculous expectations.

4. Maybe. Or could done offscreen in the books as well. It's not the first time GRRM didn't show a battle. I remember complaining about the lack of Fist battle yet it's like the book.

5. He wasn't a great military commander. But just because you're great doesn't mean you can't lost. Napoleon eventually lost to lesser men than him.

6. What's the point of keeping it ambiguous? Everyone already knows any way. Ambiguity doesn't work any way because clearly there's a body there carrying Cersei. Is it ambiguous that Robert Strong exist or something?

Whatever, showstannis is made out to be an idiot! He sleeps so heavily that first Ramsays twenty navy seals sneak in and destroy his camp, and then he sleeps through while half his army and all his horses mutineer and then he arrives at winterfell with no plan and gets whipped by Ramsay for a third time, he deserves to die for being so incompetent, his downfall was a pathetic mockery of his character, disgraceful story telling

No one thinks this is the best season. Not the critics. Not the people who haven't read the books. Even stalwart show fans and apologists started getting wobbly on the show this year.

Oh and Stannis wasn't burning anyone on the beaches in the show either, Benioff is actually that much of a hack.

Except it's on track to beat Season 4's record holding ratings for an HBO show. So, it's not all *that* bad.

Edited by Stubby

Jon Snow isn't dead. Anyone who believes this have allowed themselves to be trolled.

:agree: so goddamn much. Its hilarious

Kit telling EW that Jon is really dead and he isn't coming back next season.

Fake out? Season off AKA Jon spends a season inside Ghost, or did we just get spoiled?

I think Kit may take a season off and come back with a bang. Really, i think its more of a fake out. If hes doing movies this year, hes likely taking the season off. But the story literally cannot function without Jon existing. So...people thinking hes gone for good is just laughable. Its like ADwD all over again.

Also, booksnobs this season:

1) There won't be any "Egg, I dreamed I was old." WRONG.

2) D&D are gonna show Sophie Turner naked because they are pedophiles (borderline libel). WRONG.

3) They won't say "For the Watch". WRONG.

And still we have ridiculous frothing at the mouth fanatics here claiming D&D's entire raison d'etre is to troll the fandom. WRONG.

Not wrong. Sorry but wont be coming back to the show till Winds comes out.

And yet it is the most watched season so far according to HBO....

Benioff is anything but a hack. He is a very accomplished writer.

Funny thing is D&D did George a favor. They didn't need to end everything on cliffhangers. Honestly would of been better if they didn't. But they did. They kept most of George's large cliffhangers completely intact giving George one more year to release WOW and reveal the payoffs first.

Whatever, showstannis is made out to be an idiot! He sleeps so heavily that first Ramsays twenty navy seals sneak in and destroy his camp, and then he sleeps through while half his army and all his horses mutineer and then he arrives at winterfell with no plan and gets whipped by Ramsay for a third time, he deserves to die for being so incompetent, his downfall was a pathetic mockery of his character, disgraceful story telling

:agree: Some of the worse I've seen.

:agree: so goddamn much. Its hilarious

I think Kit may take a season off and come back with a bang. Really, i think its more of a fake out. If hes doing movies this year, hes likely taking the season off. But the story literally cannot function without Jon existing. So...people thinking hes gone for good is just laughable. Its like ADwD all over again.

It is ADwD all over again, but you understand why. Lots of people love Jon and the not knowing part is scary. Even if the logical choice is Jon isn't dead forever.

Same here; I was almost scared that olly was going to slit his throat or something, but he just stabbed him in the chest.

I'm thinking Mel with bring Jon back from the dead, that's why she's there at the Wall. Thoros could bring back Berric without a sacrfice, so Mel can do the same for Jon (I don't think Shireen was for Jon at all; I think Mel made a mistake, which is why she got the hell out of there.)

Let's go back to HOW Thoros explained how he could resurrect Beric. He resurrected him because he saw that his dear friend was gone. The look on Mel's face looked as emotional as I have seen it when she was back at Castle Black. I predict she will walk upon Jon's dead body and for all the remorse she has and for all the damage she has done, she will be able to resurrect Jon with the Kiss of Life because she cares for him at some level. Maybe the secret to the Red Priests/ess resurrection powers have something to do with Love.

Probably the weakest finale to date, but still not bad:

If you can forgive the contrivance, the Brienne & Stannis scene was well acted with good dialogue

Miranda made a satisfying splat

Maise Williams ftw. This girl is going places.

Everything in Meereen was fun, and actually got me excited for Tyrion next season. The Dany scenes were awful pretty.

Maybe that's damning the show with faint praise, but my expectations are pretty low at this point. It didn't hang together, but there were good scenes.