[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Say what you want about D&D, the quality of the episode or the whole season, but they just gave GRRM the opportunity to tell the fate of the main characters before the show does. They could've spoil everything and they choose not to at the risk of a very, very bleak ending. Really counting on a WoW release next year now.

Wiser words have never been spoken.

Funny thing is D&D did George a favor. They didn't need to end everything on cliffhangers. Honestly would of been better if they didn't. But they did. They kept most of George's large cliffhangers completely intact giving George one more year to release WOW and reveal the payoffs first.

I agree with this, but I doubt it was a "favor." I'd imagine this was contractually stipulated.

The script of Troy was said to be amazing. The hottest script in Hollywood at the time. It is also said that the movie didn't do the script justice....

He also wrote 25th Hour....

I watched the movie the script was the problem and Wolverine was one of the worst movies of the decade so...

The script of Troy was said to be amazing. The hottest script in Hollywood at the time. It is also said that the movie didn't do the script justice....

He also wrote 25th Hour....

Was said to be? Unless you're saying that they changed Benioff's original script then we saw the script when we saw Troy and it was not "amazing".

A meh finale to a meh season. Hopefully they do better next season. One thing I don't think has been mentioned and was one of my bigger 'WTF' moments of the ep:

What was up with Dany dropping her ring as the Dothraki approached her? The way it was cut it seemed like that was supposed to be of some significance. Was it her ring of power? Are Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli supposed to find it so they can track her?

I watched the movie the script was the problem and Wolverine was one of the worst movies of the decade so...

Once again.... The movie changed the script and didn't do it justice. There is a reason why it was the hottest script in Hollywood at the time. The guy knows how to write. HBO has said the same thing about him.

Where were Meryn Trant's Lannister bodyguards?

Logic is not for this show stop trying to apply it. Why did the sandsankes kill myrcella with trystane on board. Why did stannis approach in the open. WHere did meilsandre get that horse. Turn your brain off when watching this show it'll be better for you

I'm pissed that Jon said 'Olly' instead of Ghost, but it might be out of place for the non-readers if he says Ghost. Otherwise, I'm happy that they ended it like this, by not spoiling any of the big book cliffhangers.

Worst thing was that 'TRAITOR' board. It was silly. They could just show everyone with daggers raised. At least they kept 'For the Watch' intact, I'm happy for that too.

I think Melisandre will revive Jon (although I hate that she does it), and they already shot this scene, which is why Carice said she got a big scene with Jon. It is also good to keep Kit secret in season 6, like he may spend most of the time bedridden and warging(if he does).

Best thing about the ep was Theon and Sansa jumping, just like in the books. It was stronger than in the books, because they have a stronger bond as two children of winterfell than Theon and Jeyne did.

The FM thing was crazy, but we will have Blind Beth! or whatever name they decide to give Arya. And the way she killed Meryn was very similar to the way she killed Tickler.

I never liked Daario, but liked him in this episode and the last. His exchanges with Tyrion were funny. I bet people are already writing fanfictions about Tyrion-Greyworm-Missandei love triangle, just hope that D&D don't do the same either.

The walk was as expected. Glad that Kevan did not die! We'll see more of him next season, yay!

ETA: Totally forgot about Stannis. That was silly, cruel thing to do to a character like Stannis. Although I was rooting for the Boltons for religous reasons, it was heartbreaking to see Stannis fail. But his situation at the beginning of Winds is not much better, so if there was a battle, it might end just like this. But I'm still hoping for him to win Winterfell in the books.

Edited by Hos the Hostage

Once again.... The movie changed the script and didn't do it justice. There is a reason why it was the hottest script in Hollywood at the time. The guy knows how to write. HBO has said the same thing about him.

Look at the writing on this show for the example he doesn't know how to write. And unless you can prove they changed his script, the wga doesn't say so, the BS. Plus any who can write wolverine does not know how to write

A meh finale to a meh season. Hopefully they do better next season. One thing I don't think has been mentioned and was one of my bigger 'WTF' moments of the ep:

What was up with Dany dropping her ring as the Dothraki approached her? The way it was cut it seemed like that was supposed to be of some significance. Was it her ring of power? Are Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli supposed to find it so they can track her?

I agree. It looked weird, and the way it was filmed made it look like some hidden significance, but I really doubt it had any significance. I think she just didn't want them to see that she was wealthy. But it didn't matter cuz she had a crazy necklace on, and was a gorgeous white girl alone in the middle of fuckin nowhere.

Logic is not for this show stop trying to apply it. Why did the sandsankes kill myrcella with trystane on board. Why did stannis approach in the open. WHere did meilsandre get that horse. Turn your brain off when watching this show it'll be better for you

:rofl:

This is exactly how I felt.