[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

The show - in its own way - has brought us right to where we are in the books. Cliffhangers galore. There were spoilers, sure, but they were only confirmations of theories with enough evidence behind them that they felt like canon. The deaths of minor characters can be easily dismissed. We can rejoice because this can only mean the Winds of Winter will be published before season 6 airs.

Edited by RoamingRonin

The show - in its own way - has brought us right to where we are in the books. Cliffhangers galore. There were spoilers, sure, but they were only confirmations of theories with enough evidence behind them that they felt like canon. The deaths of minor characters can be easily dismissed. We can rejoice because this can only mean the Winds of Winter will be published before season 6 airs.

Even if it is, it's just a temporary bandage. Unless Martin is writing Dream at the same time, we will be right back to this point again. :-(

Not hate, but sufferance, the first two seasons of the show were awesome to me and inspired me to read the books, I was a huge fan until this season but unfortunately I have really really disliked this seasons "offerings". However I am too invested in the show now, it's like an accident I cannot turn away from. Watching episode 10 tonight was painful, I have never been angry at at a TV show for the whole episode ever, I was constantly arguing with it and finding fault, it is was worse then watching your team get flogged in a football game, even jorah was idiotic when blaming Tyrion for his predicament, all the characters are suddenly bipolar or schizophrenic, but I know I will keep watching and waiting for next season, I consider myself a captive audience

I guess.

Blah, blah, blah.

See you all next season when you are all back to bitch about how rotten the next season is.

FYI. The ratings have steadily gone up.

...meanwhile those of us who love the books will continue to discuss them.

....those who love (and/or hate) the series will continue to do the same.

And those who enjoy both--likewise

;-)

Edited by TheReal_Rebel

I've seen a couple of people making comments about all the calvary that the Boltons seem to have magically acquired.

I'll just say this;

Stannis's army was supposedly 6000 men to the Bolton's 3000. And half of them were mounted. So, 3000 horsemen.

Now, those men were staving, had no food to make it back to the wall, and apparently half of them ( around 3000 men ) just deserted with their horses.

So....Where the F$%K do you think they went???

Remember, these men are starving, have just watched what most of them would now consider a total f^&king nutjob burn his daughter alive, have no supplies to make a trip anywhere, have no real loyalty to Stannis ( they are payed foreign mercs ), and the closest place to seek refuge is Winterfell.

Humm.....what could Roose possibly demand in return for saving these men???

Suddenly the Boltons have an army twice the size of Stannis's ( and all of them mounted ), and several of you wonder where the men came from???

Seriously??? I thought it was basic commen sense.

because Ramsay has shown such diplomacy towards former foes in the past, geez Ramsay did well in that 20 mins he had to recruit all of Stannis deserters, enlist them and provide them with heraldry and then set them upon Stannis, did he also pay them with the iron banks money? Ramsay Ahai is a military genius, diplomat and counter insurgency expert, the white walkers stand not a chance against him!

The theory is simple: Stannis + Jon = Dead, then: Wall is f**** done... nobody will protect.

if one of them lives: Someone will protect the wall. Melisandre arrival at castle black maybe is a clue that something will happen there, because she is always where strange things happens.

:P

Do recall the wintery ruins that the Red Keep becomes in Dany's vision of the house of the undying on the show.

I'm done with the show after this it just gets my angry I don't enjoy it anymore and more and more people are starting to feel the same way which is good. this jon snow thing is good because a lot of people will abandon the show which I hope happens. As an adaptation its a travesty and though I will forever enjoy the first four seasons its time to bid GOT goodbye.

Obviously Jon was going to get stabbed but I expected it to happen next season, episode 2. Renly and Joffrey died during episode 2. Figured they toss in some more foreshadowing by having another king die during episode 2. It will be hard to keep his eventual return a secret during filming.

Another thing I have a hard time believing that Stannis will be killed by Brienne in the books. Half her neck is gone, if she can survive that why not Jon getting stabbed?

Stannis is in the north at the end of the last book. Brienne is in the Riverlands.

No one thinks this is the best season. Not the critics. Not the people who haven't read the books. Even stalwart show fans and apologists started getting wobbly on the show this year.

Oh and Stannis wasn't burning anyone on the beaches in the show either, Benioff is actually that much of a hack.

1. I liked this season. Fans and critics are entitled to their opinions, but they are just that.

2. Yeah, total hacks. https://youtu.be/xcZG6fIUMqg

That had occurred to me about whether Kit has already filmed his parts for season 6. I know they don't normally film this early, but that would be a valid reason to do it out of the normal filming schedule.

I kinda thought about this as well when I remembered Carice talking about her big scene with Kit.. I just really can not and will not accept the idea that Jon Snow is staying dead on the show, he is needed. But maybe he stays dead for half a season and even after that he only has a little screentime.

I'm done with the show after this it just gets my angry I don't enjoy it anymore and more and more people are starting to feel the same way which is good. this jon snow thing is good because a lot of people will abandon the show which I hope happens. As an adaptation its a travesty and though I will forever enjoy the first four seasons its time to bid GOT goodbye.

You do know Jon gets stabbed at the end of the last book?