[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Stannis is in the north at the end of the last book. Brienne is in the Riverlands.

1. I liked this season. Fans and critics are entitled to their opinions, but they are just that.

2. Yeah, total hacks. https://youtu.be/xcZG6fIUMqg

2. I presume you can see that they are burning wooden idols, not people, as Benioff claims they did in the scene. Listen, I rewatched it, there are no people being burned there, it's the seven, giant wooden idols, no one is discussing people, it's about the seven. Jesus.

Stannis is in the north at the end of the last book. Brienne is in the Riverlands.

1. I liked this season. Fans and critics are entitled to their opinions, but they are just that.

2. Yeah, total hacks. https://youtu.be/xcZG6fIUMqg

Cas was talking about the D&D interview from last week. In it, they said Stannis was burning people on the beach, the first time we see him, meaning season two.

because Ramsay has shown such diplomacy towards former foes in the past, geez Ramsay did well in that 20 mins he had to recruit all of Stannis deserters, enlist them and provide them with heraldry and then set them upon Stannis, did he also pay them with the iron banks money? Ramsay Ahai is a military genius, diplomat and counter insurgency expert, the white walkers stand not a chance against him!

I never mentioned Ramsay.

I said Roose. You know, the total opportunist.

Where was all the heraldry you're spouting off about in that scene??? The few pennets? Because it totally wouldn't make sense for his own men to be there too, right? I mean, those 3000 deserters vs Stannis's 3000 troops. It wasn't totally obvious from the shot that the Bolton's suddenly had twice the men on the field. Humm...the 3000 Roose told us they had + the 3000 mercs vs Stannis's 3000. Seems about right for what we all saw, doesn't it???

As for paying them, lmao. He didn't have to pay them.

No food. No supplies. And stuck in the north.

Mercs; " Please feed us my Lord. And give us the supplies we need to get out of this God's forsaken country. In return, we'll help you smash what's left of that f&^king nutjob"s army for you.

Roose: Can do.

/shrugs

Pretty fucking simple.

Ah, I like you pointing that out; it's been a couple years since I read the book, all I knew was that Thoros resurrected Berric without any real display of magic. Maybe it does have something to do with love, or perhaps a strong will?

Mel has a lot of strange magic/power she wields, but it doesn't always work like she thinks it will, like her predicting things that don't come to pass the way she thought it would. I think in this finale she realized that she was predicting things wrong, which is why she left Stannis and went to Castle Black. I don't know if it's because it was the only place she could go, or if Jon's there and she already has this idea about Jon.

Can't wait to see how Jon'll come back next season; I'm positive he's going to.

Thoros resurrected Beric by taking flames into his mouth and giving Beric a kiss. It's something the red priest do for the dead but in this case Beric came back to life.

Anyway, I once had a theory that D+D were delaying things deliberately to give GRRM more time to come up with concrete ideas. People shot it down and I backed off on it. But I'm starting to wonder if I'm right after this season.

How does it possibly make sense to stab him after he just returned from a huge battle with the Others, which proves his entire point about the wildlings, who fought beside the night's watch and oh by the way, valyrian steel kills them too? It does not make any sense at all since Hardome shows he was right about everything. In the books, it's all still very abstract, nobody has seen an army of the undead, so wildlings are much more real to them.

The books did have an army of undead. They had the Battle of First of The First Men. An army of undead almost wiped out 300 men. And enough of them survived to tell the others. And people saw Sam kill a WW. So you could make that exact argument with the book characters as well then.

I just realised that maybe D&D perhaps got Ramsay snow and Jon snows lines mixed up before season 1. Perhaps Jon snow and Ramsay snow were switched as babies, perhaps Lyanna is Ramsays mother? Perhaps Ramsay is the prince who was promised and his is the song of ice and fire. What a secret D&D have kept, and it has been hidden so well, Ramsay is Azor Ahai, what marvellous story telling, I only just worked it out, it all makes sense now!

Edited by Neds Secret

Let's go back to HOW Thoros explained how he could resurrect Beric. He resurrected him because he saw that his dear friend was gone. The look on Mel's face looked as emotional as I have seen it when she was back at Castle Black. I predict she will walk upon Jon's dead body and for all the remorse she has and for all the damage she has done, she will be able to resurrect Jon with the Kiss of Life because she cares for him at some level. Maybe the secret to the Red Priests/ess resurrection powers have something to do with Love.

Ah, I like you pointing that out; it's been a couple years since I read the book, all I knew was that Thoros resurrected Berric without any real display of magic. Maybe it does have something to do with love, or perhaps a strong will?

Mel has a lot of strange magic/power she wields, but it doesn't always work like she thinks it will, like her predicting things that don't come to pass the way she thought it would. I think in this finale she realized that she was predicting things wrong, which is why she left Stannis and went to Castle Black. I don't know if it's because it was the only place she could go, or if Jon's there and she already has this idea about Jon.

Can't wait to see how Jon'll come back next season; I'm positive he's going to.

He could be lying. He lied about the scene with Ygritte in season 3 premiere, saying 'Jon would never break his vows'. I mean, this is the big cliffhanger of the books and the the big shocker for season 6 - why would he tell EW now if he is not really dead?