[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Anyway, I once had a theory that D+D were delaying things deliberately to give GRRM more time to come up with concrete ideas. People shot it down and I backed off on it. But I'm starting to wonder if I'm right after this season.

The books did have an army of undead. They had the Battle of First of The First Men. An army of undead almost wiped out 300 men. And enough of them survived to tell the others. And people saw Sam kill a WW. So you could make that exact argument with the book characters as well then.

Was it an army? I can't remember. I thought it was more like a 'band' not 100s or 1000s of undead? Scope makes a difference. It's easy to rationalize away 1 or 2, but when confronted with 1000s, it's different. But, I may have forgotten how many were supposed to be there at the fist.

2. I presume you can see that they are burning wooden idols, not people, as Benioff claims they did in the scene. Listen, I rewatched it, there are no people being burned there, it's the seven, giant wooden idols, no one is discussing people, it's about the seven. Jesus.

WTF? You watched it? And you missed the people tied to stakes and the guy screaming "Sire, I served you well!" as one of Stannis' men is lighting the pye underneath him?

WTF? You watched it? And you missed the people tied to stakes and the guy screaming "Sire, I served you well!" as one of Stannis' men is lighting the pye underneath him?

Yeah, except your link is to the wrong scene.

The scene Benioff was talking about was in Season 2. "When we first see Stannis" he's burning people. And this is not correct. I watched the scene from Season 2 and it is as I described.

Is that clear now?

Benioff said "when we first see Stannis" he's burning people on the beach.

But that is false. The scene does not show that. It it irrelevant that later they burn people, because that isn't the scene they referenced in their Inside the Episode.

Edited by Cas Stark

Yeah, except your link is to the wrong scene.

The scene Benioff was talking about was in Season 2. "When we first see Stannis" he's burning people. And this is not correct. I watched the scene from Season 2 and it is as I described.

Is that clear now?

Benioff said "when we first see Stannis" he's burning people on the beach.

But that is false. The scene does not show that. It it irrelevant that later they burn people, because that isn't the scene they referenced in their Inside the Episode.

Maybe Beniof just misspoke. Maybe he was confusing one scene with another. Are we really getting uptight about this?

I never mentioned Ramsay.

I said Roose. You know, the total opportunist.

Where was all the heraldry you're spouting off about in that scene??? The few pennets? Because it totally wouldn't make sense for his own men to be there too, right? I mean, those 3000 deserters vs Stannis's 3000 troops. It wasn't totally obvious from the shot that the Bolton's suddenly had twice the men on the field. Humm...the 3000 Roose told us they had + the 3000 mercs vs Stannis's 3000. Seems about right for what we all saw, doesn't it???

As for paying them, lmao. He didn't have to pay them.

No food. No supplies. And stuck in the north.

Mercs; " Please feed us my Lord. And give us the supplies we need to get out of this God's forsaken country. In return, we'll help you smash what's left of that f&^king nutjob"s army for you.

Roose: Can do.

/shrugs

Pretty fucking simple.

For Ramsay it would be simple, I didn't see Roose in the battle, only Ramsay, so by show logic Roose could be in meereen for all we know, but your explanation was actually really good, it's just a shame you had to explain it and not D&D

Can someone please explain to me why did Dany remove her ring after seeing the Dothraki?

Like in when Aragorn said in LoTR, "Not idly do the leaves of Lothlorien fall" when Pippen ripped out his Lothlorien brooch...

for him to be tracked.

Edited by tmug

Maybe we are SUPPOSED to get so fed up with whole lot of them and rooting for The Others by the end of the book and/or TV series.

It doesn't make an iota of sense for The Watch to kill Jon Snow after he won a major battle against The Others. Additionally......how do they think they are going to handle The Wildlings, Wun Wun, Tormund, Davos, and Melisandre who are probably now gonna be so pissed that they totally annilate them all?

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?
This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

Was it an army? I can't remember. I thought it was more like a 'band' not 100s or 1000s of undead? Scope makes a difference. It's easy to rationalize away 1 or 2, but when confronted with 1000s, it's different. But, I may have forgotten how many were supposed to be there at the fist.

It's still an army. It's still proof that the WW are building an army. They know they exist yet still commit this. But, in the end, it's supposed to be stupid on their part. They can't let go of their hatred. And it's worse in the books because they kill him in front of everyone.

(Too much to quote)

Your rant was just that.. a rant. Your rant was nonsensical and smelled of bitter grapes.

I think it was a good show tonight. Was it perfect? NO. Was it good? YES.

Those complaining that you will not be back next season.. why? Ask yourself why you came to see it in the first place. This is an adaptation of the books. GRRM kills loved and non-loved characters alike. Often without reason. This world and culture in this time and place is about power, sex, rape, power, dragons, incest, power, manipulation, battles, oh and power! Every now and then you will hit a feel good moment and there will be death death. THIS is the formula from the book in book one and so on.. and in the show from season one and so on.

I prefer The Dorne story versus the Riverlands. GRRM gave his approval and his map of what he is planning. Will it always match? No. But at some point it will continue to meet with the main characters, and main map of what GRRM wants.

Can someone please explain to me why did Dany remove her ring after seeing the Dothraki?

I took it to mean that she had since married Hizdahr and took off that wedding ring so as to appear as if she was still khal Drogos mourning widow?