[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

I haven't read the books all the way through, but as far the show goes, I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck Melisandre will ressurect Jon in the same fashion as the Brothers Without Banners dude. The newly ressurected Jon will not be bound by the NIght's Watch vow (unless he chooses to uphold it). And the Watch members that did Cesaer poor Jon will have an "oh crap oh crap he was right" moment when the battle with the Whitewalkers hits Castle Black.

Yes....it has to be the ONLY reason Melisandre would have moved with the speed of Light back to the Wall?

Anyone else think they're gonna ship Sansa/Theon from now on? Alfie did say their relationship "blossoms". Not sure if it's just the wording that has me suspicious.

I mentioned it as a possible end for them in the book, she marries him securing the Iron Islands to House Stark.

If you think everyone is done watching, you havent been paying attention. :rolleyes:

I figure it's gotten bad enough to where even those who haven't read the books can tell that it's a complete farce.

I figure it's gotten bad enough to where even those who haven't read the books can tell that it's a complete farce.

You're seriously out of touch. Highest viewership of *any* HBO series ever. This season. More hyped that *ever*.

It's not a farce. ADWD and AFFC were farces. People who got into reading the books after watching the first few seasons were like "Oh, wow, I hope the show doesn't do *this*".

Show > Books at this point, and we can only hope that TWOW is delayed so as not to spoil the next season.

You're seriously out of touch. Highest viewership of *any* HBO series ever. This season. More hyped that *ever*.

It's not a farce. ADWD and AFFC were farces. People who got into reading the books after watching the first few seasons were like "Oh, wow, I hope the show doesn't do *this*".

Show > Books at this point, and we can only hope that TWOW is delayed so as not to spoil the next season.

And this has been the most highly criticized season by far, and deservedly so.

Yes....it has to be the ONLY reason Melisandre would have moved with the speed of Light back to the Wall?

HBO's "Rome" (one of my favorite shows) had this same feature.One episode they're in Greece, the next they're in Egypt, the next they're back in Rome. They compressed events that happen over the course of years to what seems like days.

Just go with it. I'm perfectly willing to assume that it took Mel a day or two of hard riding to get back to the wall.

I just found the Finale hilarious. I mean its So Bad, It's Good all over. I just felt, "Oh, look at you, you think you know anything about characterization, storytelling, logic." its like watching a child rewrite the books but because they don't know what the big words mean, they rephrase it to something that is comprehensible to their infant heads rather than consult a dictionary.

I mentioned it as a possible end for them in the book, she marries him securing the Iron Islands to House Stark.

That's going to be hard to so... for it to be a recognized marriage, there's a couple of things that are going to have to happen

1] Ramsay dies so that Sansa could legally marry Theon in that senario.

and

2] Theon's gonna have to grow his junk back so he can officially consummate the marriage [which seems to be the reason why Tyrion's marriage to Sansa doesn't count, as it was not consumated - a big deal amongst Nobles]

So is everyone done watching this terrible show now? This seals the deal, right?

I am most likely done. I won't watch the show anymore, not until after I read TWOW. The writing was bad and disappointing imo. The only thing I liked about this episode was the way they handled FTW.

HBO's "Rome" (one of my favorite shows) had this same feature.One episode they're in Greece, the next they're in Egypt, the next they're back in Rome. They compressed events that happen over the course of years to what seems like days.

Just go with it. I'm perfectly willing to assume that it took Mel a day or two of hard riding to get back to the wall.

Its probably not THAT far from Winterfell to Castle Black... and even still... she can use magic to hurry her horse along.

The fact that you can defend the show after an episode like that is LOLOLOLs all night.

I sometimes wish that the show was made by a really bad production team. Think Xena or Vikings or Black Sails. Just so the show haters here could get a taste of how awful it could actually be. And then they might appreciate the acting and writing, which is by and large *very* good for television (except Dorne) and also the rich costume and art and set design, which is leagues beyond anything ever attempted.

It makes me sad that so many people on here can't enjoy a wonderful show just because it isn't exactly like the books.

There likely wont' be a more well-crafted fantasy series on television, at least in our lifetimes. So enjoy it, or don't, but I feel sorry that you're missing out because of your stubbornness.

soooo myranda pushed on one side of the wall dies, reek and sansa jump on the other side and live

yup just about all I can say about this show's "Logic"

I know, but she landed on stone, they landed in snow, so if we follow D & D logic, 2 feet of snow will cushion their fall and they can run away.