[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

You're seriously out of touch. Highest viewership of *any* HBO series ever. This season. More hyped that *ever*.

It's not a farce. ADWD and AFFC were farces. People who got into reading the books after watching the first few seasons were like "Oh, wow, I hope the show doesn't do *this*".

Show > Books at this point, and we can only hope that TWOW is delayed so as not to spoil the next season.

The fact that you can defend the show after an episode like that is LOLOLOLs all night.

I just found the Finale hilarious. I mean its So Bad, It's Good all over. I just felt, "Oh, look at you, you think you know anything about characterization, storytelling, logic." its like watching a child rewrite the books but because they don't know what the big words mean, they rephrase it to something that is comprehensible to their infant heads rather than consult a dictionary.

Yes. A few weeks ago, I was telling book readers to take it easy on show watchers who don't read the books and just watch the show for some relaxation time at the end of the day. Not everyone has time to analyze individual character arcs and find inconsistencies, etc. But now, I think we are at that point where anyone defending the writing on the show simply doesn't have credibility with people who understand the basics of writing, plot development, etc etc etc. No need to be mean to anyone, but this is objectively not a well written show. Very few scenes made much sense this year, with this last episode taking that to a new level. I don't see how anyone can take this show seriously.

Since when was the world of ASOIAF campy?

I am most likely done. I won't watch the show anymore, not until after I read TWOW. The writing was bad and disappointing imo. The only thing I liked about this episode was the way they handled FTW.

yeah i'm done with this show as well. They probably going to end the show on season 7, and I would rather read the ending in the books, then watch what will probably be a poorly executed finale.

HBO's "Rome" (one of my favorite shows) had this same feature.One episode they're in Greece, the next they're in Egypt, the next they're back in Rome. They compressed events that happen over the course of years to what seems like days.

Just go with it. I'm perfectly willing to assume that it took Mel a day or two of hard riding to get back to the wall.

Vikings does it too and its still fine tbh.

I sometimes wish that the show was made by a really bad production team. Think Xena or Vikings or Black Sails. Just so the show haters here could get a taste of how awful it could actually be. And then they might appreciate the acting and writing, which is by and large *very* good for television (except Dorne) and also the rich costume and art and set design, which is leagues beyond anything ever attempted.

It makes me sad that so many people on here can't enjoy a wonderful show just because it isn't exactly like the books.

There likely wont' be a more well-crafted fantasy series on television, at least in our lifetimes. So enjoy it, or don't, but I feel sorry that you're missing out because of your stubbornness.

Ok get the fuck off my lawn right now. Vikings may not have quite the budget as GoT, but it is not bad television or production. You obviously have no idea wtf you are even talking about.

The people who think show!Jon or show!Stannis are alive remind me of those who refused to believe they had cut Arianne. Kit Harrington wouldn't be trolling a magazine such as Entertainment Weekly. Show!Jon is deader than dead. As for Melisandre and why she's at the Wall, she probably has more of a role than just resurrecting Jon.

I feel that the show has spoiled quite a few things. It looks like Ramsay was telling the truth in his letter. I'm also guessing that Jon will warg Ghost in the books.

Edited by bloodsteel bitterraven

I sometimes wish that the show was made by a really bad production team. Think Xena or Vikings or Black Sails. Just so the show haters here could get a taste of how awful it could actually be. And then they might appreciate the acting and writing, which is by and large *very* good for television (except Dorne) and also the rich costume and art and set design, which is leagues beyond anything ever attempted.

It makes me sad that so many people on here can't enjoy a wonderful show just because it isn't exactly like the books.

There likely wont' be a more well-crafted fantasy series on television, at least in our lifetimes. So enjoy it, or don't, but I feel sorry that you're missing out because of your stubbornness.

Missing out? WE ARE ALL WATCHING THIS TRAIN WRECK. No one is missing out on anything. Quite the opposite, it's something of the car wreck you try very hard to look away from.

Vikings does it too and its still fine tbh.

Ok get the fuck off my lawn right now. Vikings may not have quite the budget as GoT, but it is not bad television or production. You obviously have no idea wtf you are even talking about.

Yes, production was not an issue on Vikings. It looked terrific.

The people who think show!Jon or show!Stannis remind me of those who refused to believe they had cut Arianne. Kit Harrington wouldn't be trolling a magazine such as Entertainment Weekly. Show!Jon is deader than dead. As for Melisandre and why she's at the Wall, she probably has more of a role than just resurrecting Jon.

I feel that the show has spoiled quite a few things. It looks like Ramsay was telling the truth in his letter. I'm also guessing that Jon will warg Ghost in the books.

I really don't see how Jon can be dead in the books. That would make his entire story and his parentage totally pointless and the author has said I thought his parents are identified in the next book. If he's dead, what is the point of that?

Read a couple of early reviews and both are calling the finale a 'masterpiece.' It's a magnificent show. The haters and nit pickers used to irritate me but now I sort of enjoy their desperate bitchiness.

So that Daario and Jorah can find her later :dunno: Maybe because D+D needed her to do that because it made sense to them creatively and they wanted it to happen.

I figured she took the ring off so the Dothraki won't know their former khalessi was promised to another.

You're seriously out of touch. Highest viewership of *any* HBO series ever. This season. More hyped that *ever*.

It's not a farce. ADWD and AFFC were farces. People who got into reading the books after watching the first few seasons were like "Oh, wow, I hope the show doesn't do *this*".

Show > Books at this point, and we can only hope that TWOW is delayed so as not to spoil the next season.

I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed this season much more than I enjoyed slogging through wads of text that made up AFFC.

You're in the extreme minority. Yelling at the sky, telling it it isn't actually blue!

Show isn't campy (Dorne and Qarth, maybe). That was a powerful, emotional episode, that was dark dark dark, and really brave television. You have no idea how awful this show could be if it weren't for D&D and HBO.

Hell, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't get a conclusion.

I really don't see how Jon can be dead in the books. That would make his entire story and his parentage totally pointless and the author has said I thought his parents are identified in the next book. If he's dead, what is the point of that?

I don't think he's dead in the books either. But show!Jon is clearly dead. Kit Harrington wouldn't lie about something like that to EW.

I must be alone in that I like this season and I liked AFFC/ADWD. Both have their flaws but that's fine.

I understand the necessity of making changes in the show, particularly because of the amount of material they have to fit into 10 episodes.

Why send Jamie to Dorne? His river lands material is great and, with luck, he'll go there next season. I think the primary thing that sending him to Dorne does is it ties Dorne more closely to the main story. In the books, Dorne is almost a completely separate entity and it's a bit tough to get into it at first. That would be very weird to pull off in the show.

Why send him with Bronn? Illn Payne is a mute for one thing. That might make the dialogue scenes a bit lumpy. Also the actor that plays him (Wilco Johnson) is currently battling pancreatic cancer. That might make his schedule a bit tight for filming.

Stuff like that.

As I've said before, There have been loads of accusations, mostly from book purists that its a poor adaptation because it differs too much from the books or "they aren't supposed to do that" or whatever. There have even been people accusing the show runners of creating fan fiction.

IMO, if that's what people really think about book-to-screen adaptations, get ready for a lifetime of disappointment. I for one, like many of the changes. At this point, who knows what's going to happen next?

They will keep watching......just because it is an adaptation of the book. It still doesn't mean we can't complain and rant about aspects of the show we think could have been done better based on our knowledge of the book material. IMO....reading a book is much more gratifying than something on TV or in a movie. Different strokes for different folks.....I guess. I will admit it is one of the best TV series ever produced.....but I still think the books are better.

I am left wondering why I should spend time on season 6... This was disappointing.

Especially Dorne, all this time spent down there, for what? The murder of Myrcella? They might just as well have sent a raven for that... What about revealing some plan from Doran? What about the fire and blood speach? Spending a whole season watching Ellaria whine, and Doran just looking stupid!?!? For what!?!?

And FTW... WTF?? No pink letter, Jon not going to send any soliders NW or wildlings, no build up what so ever!! Lame!

Or perhaps there wasnt enough time for a proper bild ut to FTW, much more important to show Cerceis tits, ofcourse.

Good luck D&D, I am changing channel.