[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

It's not 'really bad'. it's like junk food or an amusement park ride, it's enjoyable 'in the moment' but that's all there is to it. If you watch it for 'stuff happens' that is generally well acted then it's great, if you spend more than 3 minutes thinking about any of that "stuff" in the show it all falls apart, scenes do not connect, people's actions do make sense or are flat out impossible.

Not according to some people. Everything makes perfect sense, the show is better than the books. :dunce:

You're seriously out of touch. Highest viewership of *any* HBO series ever. This season. More hyped that *ever*.

It's not a farce. ADWD and AFFC were farces. People who got into reading the books after watching the first few seasons were like "Oh, wow, I hope the show doesn't do *this*".

Show > Books at this point, and we can only hope that TWOW is delayed so as not to spoil the next season.

Look, books aren't for everyone.

Yes, GOT is a popular TV show for a reason. It's fun to watch and it's got great acting, production, and drama.

For people who actually appreciate the nuance and integrity of the books, to compare it to the television adaptation, is a joke. It's the difference between a Michelin three star restaurant and a bag of Cheez Doodles I bought at CVS.

I like Cheez Doodles, for the record.

Yes but there are obviously a lot of people on this forum that vote 1 irrespective of the actual quality of the episode. They vote 1 for every episode.

I can appreciate valid criticism, but there's no in hell way that episode was a "1". The fact that there are so many "1" votes tells you all you need to know.

As for being in the minority... looks like for the show rating, "1" is running neck and neck with "10." So no, not really. Many people found this episode to be really bad. If you read the comments, many who rated it 8 / 10 still had many complaints.

This board is a minority!

Even if 100% of active show watchers on this board voted one, it would not show the majority

Oh shut up and get a life. Why are you still here when you're clearly a minority and you're constantly fighting with everyone? Go to the IMDB message boards or reddit or wherever those people that love the show so much are. BTW, just so you know, I actually thought this episode was decent. I'm just sick of you and your anti-book hysteriM

My opinion is just as valid as yours, if not more so. :drunk:

People here *do* love the show. I love the series, and I love the show. I happen to think ADWD was the worst book. I happen to think Season 5 was the worst season. Those two ideas aren't that controversial actually. They are both still miles and miles ahead of offerings in the genre. No comparison!

Why don't you go to somewhere where people like Vikings and Xena and other shit shows that no one watches and have no serious following and let everyone else discuss this show without resorting into constantly calling the actors, writers, producers of this show incompetent hacks and those who enjoy it trolls?

Yes, GOT is a popular TV show for a reason. It's fun to watch and it's got great acting, production, and drama.

For people who actually appreciate the nuance and integrity of the books, to compare it to the television adaptation, is a joke. It's the difference between a Michelin three star restaurant and a bag of Cheez Doodles I bought at CVS.

I love the way AFFC has been reinvented as a great novel. It really wasn't. I love the books but that was a pile of shit.

I'll say it again if Jon is really dead (I am now thinking this may be the case) then it leaves a massive vaccum in the north and at the Wall. You have the Boltons with nobody challenging them, the Wall with Davos, the wildings and Mel just hanging it can only mean the white walkers are burst through.

In Kings landing Tommen is not long for the world and Dany is back with the Dothraki (she's annoying anyway). Only Tyrion remains as an interesting character, it would be awful and I doubt I can continue to invest in it.

Hello, WESTEROS.ORG is a .000000001% of viewership. This poll is meaningless. The show Game of Thrones, and specifically Season 5, has broken all records for viewership in the history of cable television. It is immensely popular. Popular beyond the wildest dreams of televisions hows, reaching an elevated cultural status where it's catch phrases and characters are becoming parlance in pop culture.

But you think everyone agrees that it's utter shit and awful.

You're insane. Pop your head out of the basement once in a while, why don't you.

You are not in the minority.

Yeah. They are two different things, and I understand the show can't accomplish what the books do, and vice versa. Have to take them for what their medium can accomplish.

I love the way AFFC has been reinvented as a great novel. It really wasn't. I love the books but that was a pile of shit.

Seriously. Books 4 and 5 were boring as fuck except for 5's final chapters and were only tolerated because they were sequels. I blazed through the first three in a few weeks and it took me over year to get thru Feast and Dance. lol @ people suddenly acting like they're works of genius.

My opinion is just as valid as yours, if not more so. :drunk:

People here *do* love the show. I love the series, and I love the show. I happen to think ADWD was the worst book. I happen to think Season 5 was the worst season. Those two ideas aren't that controversial actually. They are both still miles and miles ahead of offerings in the genre. No comparison!

Why don't you go to somewhere where people like Vikings and Xena and other shit shows that no one watches and have no serious following and let everyone else discuss this show without resorting into constantly calling the actors, writers, producers of this show incompetent hacks and those who enjoy it trolls?

Do you actually have a defense of the show other than, "it's popular"?

In terms of integrity, depth, character, theme, nuance, pacing, and impact, was For the Watch in the books not far superior to its show counterpart?

This has always been a book website, and we're obviously going to critique the show from that perspective.

"Cheese doodles" is a bit strong.

"Pile of shit" is a bit strong.

Seriously. Books 4 and 5 were boring as fuck except for 5's final chapters and were only tolerated because they were sequels. I blazed through the first three in a few weeks and it took me over year to get thru Feast and Dance. lol @ people suddenly acting like they're works of genius.

I'd rather be flayed than have to read those Brienne and Sansa chapters again.

What are these plot holes? Please do tell.

I gave it 5 seconds of thought and I came up with:

1) "All the horses are gone." Mel rides into WF on horse

2) "How dare you try to kill our Lannister guest, I am outraged! . . . But come say goodbye to them on the dock today, You, me, them, bring your murderous daughter and her friends too . . . don't be late, wear that nice lipstick you have."

3) Jorah, Tyrion and gang are alive after being surrounded in a pit by so hostile a host, a fire-breathing dragon in berserker mode had to be led away or else would have died.

4) "The fuck we need horses for anyway, we're camped like 20 mins walk from Winterfell, let's leg it, gang."

5) "Let's Jump." "Are you crazy? Did you even watch the battle, it isn't snowing and there's like an inch of snow on the ground.." "Fuck it, we good."

6) "Renly, the rightful heir . . . " Has least legitimate claim to throne.

holy holes