[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

After really thinking about it, Jon's going to be back. Outside of Jon, D. Ed, Sam and other NW and Bran who else knows about the Walkers and outside of that handful of people who are in the best position to oppose them? Jon and Bran.

Edited by TheToadKnight

Agreed. I came to terms with the books and the show being separate early this season. It's helped me enjoy the show so much more.

Exactly. I understand that people hate the fact that the stories don't match up, but they don't realize that it was impossible to do so. Putting a 1000 page book in a 10 hour show in a year is really hard. So IMO people should accept the flaws and the differentation from the books.

With George's old comment on Jons death and the fact that Kit is signed on for more seasons, I imagine he will be returning.

I still cant get over how the SS would just poison Myrcella while Trystane is with her. They dont care that the heir to Dorne is going to die because of them? And that Doran will kill them all?

With George's old comment on Jons death and the fact that Kit is signed on for more seasons, I imagine he will be returning.

I still cant get over how the SS would just poison Myrcella while Trystane is with her. They dont care that the heir to Dorne is going to die because of them? And that Doran will kill them all?

Yeah, the Dorne plot was all over the place.

I don't think Stannis is dead. Nor are Sansa and Theon. They haven't shown them die. So I think they will be alive somehow. Brienne may have other plans for Stannis. Don't know how Sansa and Reek can surive such a fall, unless there is like 5 feet of snow to fall in.

Game of Thrones has a serious problem with logic.

Last week's stupid scene of Jon Snow arriving at the northern side of the Wall became even more stupid now. Not only were Jon and the free folk exposed to attacks from the White Walkers, but also, Alliser Thorne could have denied their entrance.

Now Alliser Thorne stabs Jon Snow for bringing the Free Folk shout of the Wall. Which he could have prevented if he had denied Jon's passage. This way he wouldn't have to deal with a couple thousand angry wildlings in the aftermath.

Now, I think both in the books and in the series, the aftermath of FTW is the Nightswatch being unable to stop the White Walker invasion. Don't know how they will pass through the wall, but they will, and they will start a massive invasion in the North.

Edited by Welease Woger

Game of Thrones has a serious problem with logic.

Last week's stupid scene of Jon Snow arriving at the northern side of the Wall became even more stupid now. Not only were Jon and the free folk exposed to attacks from the White Walkers, but also, Alliser Thorne could have denied their entrance.

Now Alliser Thorne stabs Jon Snow for bringing the Free Folk shout of the Wall. Which he could have prevented if he had denied Jon's passage. This way he wouldn't have to deal with a couple thousand angry wildlings in the aftermath.

Now, I think both in the books and in the series, the aftermath of FTW is the Nightswatch being unable to stop the White Walker invasion. Don't know how they will pass through the wall, but they will, and they will start a massive invasion in the North.

Yep, right now it's plot hole. But if in the next season they show that Thorne and the mutineers have a deal with the Boltons it would make sense because the Boltons would want to be sure Jon is really dead this time. Plus, Thorne isn't a dummy: less wights beyond the wall if he lets the wildling pass, only to slaughter them or let them starve through winter afterward. Big if though.

I don't think Myrcella is really dead. Bronn formed quite the little relationship with Tyene. I was wondering why we got to see that whole scene in the jail play out with the poison and the antidote; how I believe it was shown so that we would understand that

1) the poison is not totally instant drop-dead, Tyene had time to talk with Bronn before finally tossing him the antidote, and Jaime will yell for help on that small boat; and

2) that additional Bronn/Tyene flirtation when they were on the way out of the jail was a reminder of their "friendship"; and

3) Bronn has experienced the symptoms himself and knows how to recognize this poison so he will know the instant he sees Myrcella. I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that Bronn is carrying one or more vials of the antidote to that poison on his person and Myrcella will be saved.

As for why, *if* Tyene gave him the antidote on purpose, she may have known about Ellaria's "plan", and decided she wanted to protect Ellaria from being killed by Doran.

Makes an excellent season end cliffhanger though.

You give me hope.

And why should they have casted a different actress for those few minutes!?

I found that on Watchersonthewall:

With the season ended, I don’t particularly feel the need to nitpick. I’ve said enough about the Dorne story not being that strong. At this point, I just want to appreciate the fact that that Game of Thrones is so well-made, engrossing and packed with an incredibly talented cast, from the stars down to the minor roles. In terms of quality, the show can only be compared to itself, and I love it. It’s always transporting, and full of passion. If it didn’t inspire passion in viewers, then we wouldn’t spend so much time debating it and occasionally complaining. There is nothing else like it on television, and I’m happy to have the show. The finale tonight was powerful and enjoyable, and I’m looking forward to next year already!

Some people know how to enjoy themselves in a non masochist way. Congratulations to them for having a good time!! :)

I don't think Stannis is dead. Nor are Sansa and Theon. They haven't shown them die. So I think they will be alive somehow. Brienne may have other plans for Stannis. Don't know how Sansa and Reek can surive such a fall, unless there is like 5 feet of snow to fall in.

Stannis is dead. The inside the episode and Gwen's interview confirm it.

Jon is also dead, but he's not going to stay dead. There's no way. He is too central to the story, along with Tyrion and Dany. None of those three will be dying until the very end (if at all).

And after all, "Khalessi" is going to need a King. Like Tyrion said in this episode, a sellsword and a disgraced Knight are no fit consort for a Queen. There's only one character in the story that the audience cares about that would be suitable. One of the unsullied I watched with literally said "he can't be dead, he's supposed to marry Khalessi!". I cringed, but they're not exactly wrong lol.

And after all, "Khalessi" is going to need a King. Like Tyrion said in this episode, a sellsword and a disgraced Knight are no fit consort for a Queen. There's only one character in the story that the audience cares about that would be suitable. One of the unsullied I watched with literally said "he can't be dead, he's supposed to marry Khalessi!". I cringed, but they're not exactly wrong lol.

Jon isn't going to marry his Aunt.

Oddly, I think it'd be interesting if he and SANSA got together once it came out.

:)

That would be DELICIOUSLY messed up.

Looked like it was a different poison, Bronn took a while to weaken and get dizzy, Myrcella was immediately bleeding and collapsing

.....Maybe but Bronn is grown man, much bigger then Myrcella.

i think one of the biggest reasons to think that Jon is coming back is that we still need to know what is going on at the wall. They could give that role to Davos or Mel but I doubt it.

Looked like it was a different poison, Bronn took a while to weaken and get dizzy, Myrcella was immediately bleeding and collapsing

What makes me nervous is that with Myrcella dead Trystane could now go to Mereen, try to marry Dany, be as unsuccessful as Quentin and get scorched.

Jon isn't going to marry his Aunt.

Oddly, I think it'd be interesting if he and SANSA got together once it came out.

:)

That would be DELICIOUSLY messed up.

Eh, if Jon is meant to marry one of his "sisters" then the show would've cast an older girl to play them. Whether it's Sansa or Arya. They wouldn't have cast children, knowing we the audience would get attached and always see them as children. Especially since the actor playing Jon would be over 30 years old when the show ends. Edited by GravyFace

So it took Melissandre 34 seconds to go from Winterfell to Castle Black but one season has gone past and Asha Greyjoy looks to be lost somewhere in Westeros. I know this hasn't got much to do with the ep but I really thought that storyline would somehow fit into this season and make it interesting with Stannis etc.

You're just showing how little you know about the series.

There has been substantial foreshadowing that Daenerys will lead a Dothraki invasion, oppose the Martells, depose Cersei, battle Aegon, face Stannis, and be linked in some way to Euron.

In GRRM's original outline, Dany's invasion was given the same attention as the Starks vs Lannisters and the invasion of the Others. Her invasion is going to mean something - it's not a red herring.

OK I get it you are a big Dany fan and I am not, you may be right and I may be wrong, I'm not looking to argue:-) I will only say that I've read the books, watched the show and read this forum for the last three years. Everything I've seen and read gives me the impression that Dany is an anti-hero has a spoilt brat over sense of her own worth and will likely suffer a big fall towards the end of the series. Every character who has died has been built up to achieve something then fallen towards the last hurdle I see absolutely no reason why Dany would be different especially if Jon truly dies - a character with far more foreshadowing.

So it took Melissandre 34 seconds to go from Winterfell to Castle Black but one season has gone past and Asha Greyjoy looks to be lost somewhere in Westeros. I know this hasn't got much to do with the ep but I really thought that storyline would somehow fit into this season and make it interesting with Stannis etc.

Where did she get the horse? ALL the horses were gone when they woke up. LMAO. They said it right on camera. All the horses are gone. But, she's got one.