[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Some of the book readers do make me laugh:

THIS IS GARBAGE, THIS ISN'T HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!1111. I AM SO DONE WITH THIS SHOW!!!11 BUT I'M NOT DONE TELLING YOU ABOUT HOW MUCH IM DONE WITH THIS SHOW!!111

OH, AND I'LL SEE YOU NEXT SEASON!!!111 CANT WAIT TO TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE THINGS!!!!11

I mean, at some point, it becomes shame on me, right?

Stannis is dead. The inside the episode and Gwen's interview confirm it.

Jon is also dead, but he's not going to stay dead. There's no way. He is too central to the story, along with Tyrion and Dany. None of those three will be dying until the very end (if at all).

And after all, "Khalessi" is going to need a King. Like Tyrion said in this episode, a sellsword and a disgraced Knight are no fit consort for a Queen. There's only one character in the story that the audience cares about that would be suitable. One of the unsullied I watched with literally said "he can't be dead, he's supposed to marry Khalessi!". I cringed, but they're not exactly wrong lol.

They could be lying about Stannis. If he's dead, this is the lames possible way that they could have handled his storyline. But D&D do hate him, so who knows.

I really don't see how Jon can be dead in the books. That would make his entire story and his parentage totally pointless and the author has said I thought his parents are identified in the next book. If he's dead, what is the point of that?

totally agree ...there are many parts of jons story that are pointless if he just stays dead now.....it will suck if that happens

I've read some that didn't like the choice of end scene, I myself thought it the best one out of them all. Not sure if I can say "the least anticipated" (for Unsullied) but anyways.

BUT!

Wouldn't it have been more awesome to, after Jon's "death", pan over the wall to see/travel north and see a mighty host of wights and in front of them, A SMILING NIGHT'S KING?!?!

:drool:

The couple of deaths I was referring to being moved forward from WoW to the finale are Stannis and Shireen.

I suppose that, if the Pink Letter is true, you could argue that Stannis's death already happened, at least in Jon's PoV and for the readers. But, given the Theon preview chapter, I'm assuming that we're not going to actually know that Stannis is dead until WoW.

How do you know Stannis and Shireen dies in WoW? If you say they are because you saw it on the TV show you aren't basing it on anything canon.

One thing I don't see anyone mentioning is the huge gift D & D gave to book readers. I think it's very possible they left so many cliffhanger storyline the way they did, or at least part of the reason was to give Martin a chance to finish book 6 before season 6 comes out so that book readers can read first how most of it ended.

----------------- The story will go like this !!! ------------

Melissandre will resurrect Jon but is still questioning her Lord of Light.

Sam will learn that the Others have their reasons, will teach that to Jon.

Melissandre will become the Priestess of Spring trying to bring balance with Jon.

Before that (Sam will learn for quite a while) Dany will conquer the Westeros and help defeat the WW-s becoming mad with power.

Sam, Mel and Jon will fight against Dany as she is not going to give up dragons.

Jon will truly die, Dany will die. Sam will become a maester (who by then rule the world in democracy) and Melissandre will become a vagabond priestess.

Stannis is dead. The inside the episode and Gwen's interview confirm it.

Jon is also dead, but he's not going to stay dead. There's no way. He is too central to the story, along with Tyrion and Dany. None of those three will be dying until the very end (if at all).

And after all, "Khalessi" is going to need a King. Like Tyrion said in this episode, a sellsword and a disgraced Knight are no fit consort for a Queen. There's only one character in the story that the audience cares about that would be suitable. One of the unsullied I watched with literally said "he can't be dead, he's supposed to marry Khalessi!". I cringed, but they're not exactly wrong lol.

We never saw his death, but chances are slim for him. Mission accomplished D&D. Well done.

Bran is pretty important too, but he's on vacation for one season.

Tyrion is another option. A lot of people ship them(Dany and Tyrion) together. It's as trange thing, but there it is. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case in the show, because D&D clearly adores Saint Tyrion. I think they talked about them, as two best characters, and quite possibly their favourites along with Theon.

Edited by Lord Friendzone

The only thing I didn't like about the whole Trant thing is they really overplayed the whole scumbag thing. We get it, he's a scumbag, we didn't need to the whole beating little girls fetish thing.

i have to agree. i actually had my boyfriend skip it when we first watched, and then when it became apparent that we needed to see where Arya loses her face, i let him go back. i mean... we already knew Arya was going to kill him... it reminded me of the Joffrey crossbow moments; enough already. *sigh*

One thing I don't see anyone mentioning is the huge gift D & D gave to book readers. I think it's very possible they left so many cliffhanger storyline the way they did, or at least part of the reason was to give Martin a chance to finish book 6 before season 6 comes out so that book readers can read first how most of it ended.

Agreed 100%.

I know it's the cool thing to shit on D&D, and I do it too sometimes, but they gave the book readers AND George huge breaks. All the major cliff hangers are still in place. They could've easily gone further and probably made a better episode, maybe tied things up a bit more, but they didnt.

Like someone said earlier, this episode felt like they're giving George one last shot to finish TWOW and reveal most of the major events and fates himself.

Which cliffhangers are those?

Stannis is dead. Theon and Sansa are not dead. Jon will be back one way or the other. This season was supposed to be Feast and Dance, so it's ending close to where those stories ended minus the various stupid changes and diversions

Kills his brother, tries to kill his nephew, is burning people to death, yeah he was such a gooood guy. Also based off the last thing we read in the books, he's likely dead.

THIS. omg, all my friends who are screaming over what DnD did to Stannis, i just want to have them read the books again, since they obviously forgot the fact that this man was ALREADY a kinslayer (Renly), an attempted Kinslayer (Gendry), a fornicator who trifes in black magic/makes shadow babies and arranges the asassination of Kings (Kingslayer?), who has discarded his wife, taken the finger joints off a friend, threatened said loyal friend with death, got thousands killed on the Blackwater, and - oh yes - had dozens burned to death for religion.

THIS IS NOT A KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR, people.

Like someone said earlier, this episode felt like they're giving George one last shot to finish TWOW and reveal most of the major events and fates himself.

yep. according to his livejournal, GRRM is writing at a furious pace, so i hope he makes it. i think my continuing to watch the show, so as to not be spoiled in the books any further, will depend on whether or not Winds comes out before the season 6 premeire.

Edited by chris_warrior

Agree with keycube, its so childish and phoney , i see alot of people after each episode stating" im so done with this show now" and then the same people are commenting on the how bad the next episode was...

If you love the books you simply doesnt watch the show, because the show slaughter Everything that is good about the books.If you love the books dont support these hacks, do you Think they will listen that you didnt like the last episode, hardly, the only thing that works is stop watching, decrasing figures is all that matters.

Agree with keycube, its so childish and phoney , i see alot of people after each episode stating" im so done with this show now" and then the same people are commenting on the how bad the next episode was...

If you love the books you simply doesnt watch the show, because the show slaughter Everything that is good about the books.If you love the books dont support these hacks, do you Think they will listen that you didnt like the last episode, hardly, the only thing that works is stop watching, decrasing figures is all that matters.

Thoros resurrected Beric by taking flames into his mouth and giving Beric a kiss. It's something the red priest do for the dead but in this case Beric came back to life.

Oh geez, I forgot all about that. I really need to read the books again. Thank you for pointing that out!

I was thinking of on the show, where you only hear him praying to bring Beric back. If that's the case, then will Mel even know how to do that?

Which cliffhangers are those?

Stannis is dead. Theon and Sansa are not dead. Jon will be back one way or the other. This season was supposed to be Feast and Dance, so it's ending close to where those stories ended minus the various stupid changes and diversions

I consider Myrcella to be a Cliffhanger until we know for certain she's dead. I could see Trystane having the antidote, Doran could have been expecting something like that and sent him prepared. Or perhaps Bronn stole some, thought that seems less likely to me. To unsullied viewers, Arya is blind. We know that doesn't last.