[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Did Theon and Sansa made suicide? I guess no, but how on Earth they survived. Bron was paralyzed from falling from a similar height.

I'm pretty sure Bran fell onto hard-packed snow, which is basically like falling on concrete. Very hard.

However, the last few episodes have been full of freshly falling snow, so they're probably jumping into a pretty soft snow bank. (See this article for an example of the fact that it's possible to do this without getting hurt badly - the mayor of Boston was begging people to stop jumping off their roofs into the snow last winter, rofl.)

So here is my question.

Mycella gets a bloody nose. It is pretty obvious that it is poison and she is going to die.

What is the purpose of showing Ellaria with a bloody nose, then taking the antidote.

Was the point to show without the Antidote she would die?

What poisoned Ellaria?

Is there some significance they both have a bloody nose?

If she poisoned Mrycella, she basically just sentanced Trystane to die as well since he was going with Jamie and Bron.

Seems liek Doran is going to be Pissed.

I'm pretty sure Bran fell onto hard-packed snow, which is basically like falling on concrete. Very hard.

However, the last few episodes have been full of freshly falling snow, so they're probably jumping into a pretty soft snow bank. (See this article for an example of the fact that it's possible to do this without getting hurt badly - the mayor of Boston was begging people to stop jumping off their roofs into the snow last winter, rofl.)

What snow bank?

The snow melted, didn't you see Mel step into a puddle of water? And Stannis men walk to Winterfell on the ground?

There should not be any snow bank at Winterfell since all the snow melted apparently over night, LOL, as we saw, except that the show needed a snow bank for Theon and Sansa to jump on....which is why people criticize them for constant self inflicted errors in logic and continuity.

There's a lot of really tedious chatter on these boards that HBO are doing it wrong because they leave out this or that or they tweak this or that or they include some stuff at the expense of of other stuff or whatever. There are even those that like to accuse the show runners of creating "fan fiction", or tiresome conversations about "He didn't say ghost". or whatever.

All I have to say is, if that's the way you demand literary adaptations in cinema or TV are supposed to work, then be prepared for a lifetime of disappointment.

As much as I would have like to have seen Jamie's sojourn through the river lands, (the biggest change IMO), I have no problem with the change they made and I understand why they made it. That's just about the biggest change I can think of this season.

It might not be their best, but I enjoyed this season.

Oh, and Benjen is not coming back. Get over it.

The voice of reason...thank you. Either go along for the ride, or cancel your subscription to HBO. I’ve not had any conversations with the author, so who knows how things will go down in the books? I personally will have a laugh when things happen just as we saw this year, and can recall all the venom.

PS: Dear George. You don’t teach school children, you don’t fix toilets, you don’t design bridges, you don’t work the fields, you do nothing of any real socially redeeming value. You write stories for people, and avoid working for a living due their popularity. So, yes… you ARE our bitch.

Stannis death fits well with his character in the show. D & D surely hated him, so they made him a completely pointless character that doesn't know what he does.

Yeah they didn't even try, it's like they didn't have the talent or intelligence to portray him on screen so they just decided to hate him and transform him into a mindless villain and pit the audience against him.

But really, given the poor writing this season it's no surprise that they were not able or willing to do more.

Need to post this to reassure myself mainly.

1. Of course In Kit's interview with EW he said 'I am dead'. The moment he dodges questions, gives obscure answers, questions his own death. People assume he is alive, spoiling books and show.

2. Mel returning to the wall is way to convenient. If I had been wrong about Everything I believed in. I would have gone home, or killed myself. Not gone back to a place full of ex cons.

3. D&D may be keeping him in the dark as long as they can, so he is completely shocked as we are.

4. When the show was pitched to GRRM he asked D&D 'who is Jon Snows Mother? Why ask a question that has no answer outside of George's head? Unless it was important. So why kill a character with this question still up in the air.

5. Why drop so many R+L=J bombs, only to kill him.

Finally, Sam said "I've being worrying about Jon's for years....he always comes back" seems abit odd when Olly didn't express worry about Jon. Seems to me like D&D wrote this to reflect the fans worry about Jon since 2011, with the possibility of him coming back.

What snow bank?

The snow melted, didn't you see Mel step into a puddle of water? And Stannis men walk to Winterfell on the ground?

There should not be any snow bank at Winterfell since all the snow melted apparently over night, LOL, as we saw, except that the show needed a snow bank for Theon and Sansa to jump on....which is why people criticize them for constant self inflicted errors in logic and continuity.

You don't live in a winter climate do you? Big snow banks that aren't walked on and are hidden from sun exposure due to huge walls take longer to melt. There's still a big snowbank for them to jump into.

I didn't think they would do it but they managed to cram all the stories they could into this huge orgy of cliffhangers.

Stannis, RIP. I know he was wickedly bad but I was wanting him to do the Boltons some bad ass damage there. In the Game of Thrones, you surely can't follow blindly into a faith as he has done. Just like Ned Stark's honor and duty fail in the end so does blind faith and stubbornness.

Arya, looks like they decided to have her go blind after all. Maybe she will develop her abilities as she does in the books but I don't think she will be able to fulfill being a Stark any longer.

Jaime and gang, ehhh why didn't the ship turn around? Was wondering if he plans on keeping Trystane captive now or if the Sand Snakes/Elaria did this to instigate the war they always wanted over their father's death.

Cersei, the WoS was very much how I envisioned it in the books although I had to chuckle at how even the faith militant would punish the people punishing The Queen Regent with depreciating insults. A friend brought up the fact the Grand Master Pycele looked awfully nervous when she clamored in, will it be her to serve out the two kills in her council?

Dany, loved the interaction with her dragon and I could appreciate the way D&D handled the Dothraki without Drogon interfering. It is as if she's had enough Damsel in distress moments and now its time for her to get herself out of it. I am not certain (without looking at the Game of Thrones recap by the Ds) if she drops her ring because she wants someone to find her OR if she doesn't want the Dothraki to know she abandoned Drogo.

Jon and FTW. Sad not to see the Pink Letter happen but I suppose it could play out next S6 when Ramsay cannot find Reek or Sansa and believes them to be at the wall. I am pretty sure Mel or Davos will find Jon on the ground and reanimate him in time (why else would she ask Beric and Thoros how many times he brought him back when she was taking Gendry back with her.)

Overall I give it 4/5 because HBO needs to allow for lengthier episodes to make them feel not as rushed.

The problem with these interviewers is that they are allowing Benioff, Weiss and Harington to doge the issue by asking the wrong question.

The question is not whether Jon is dead, of course he is dead, the right question is: will he be revived?

Edited by Faint

So here is my question.

Mycella gets a bloody nose. It is pretty obvious that it is poison and she is going to die.

What is the purpose of showing Ellaria with a bloody nose, then taking the antidote.

Was the point to show without the Antidote she would die?

What poisoned Ellaria?

Is there some significance they both have a bloody nose?

If she poisoned Mrycella, she basically just sentanced Trystane to die as well since he was going with Jamie and Bron.

Seems liek Doran is going to be Pissed.

It was poised lipstick that she was wearing. She poisoned herself by wearing it and had to drink the antidote to survive.

And yes, Trystane is now fucked. Ellaria just poisoned Myrcella while the Lannisters have the heir to Dorne in their possession.

They even tricked me with that Benjen ploy, wtf.

At least Ramsay's little skeleton girlfriend is dead. She is one we can be sure will not come back.

And I agree with everyone bitching about the inconsistencies. I mean the snow would not be soft enough to survive a 60 ft. jump, give us a break D&D.

The voice of reason...thank you. Either go along for the ride, or cancel your subscription to HBO. I’ve not had any conversations with the author, so who knows how things will go down in the books? I personally will have a laugh when things happen just as we saw this year, and can recall all the venom.

PS: Dear George. You don’t teach school children, you don’t fix toilets, you don’t design bridges, you don’t work the fields, you do nothing of any real socially redeeming value. You write stories for people, and avoid working for a living due their popularity. So, yes… you ARE our bitch.

Writing is pretty hard work man, especially when writing a series as intricate as ASoIaF. I wouldn't say he "avoids" working for a living, more like he's fortunate enough to make his living doing something he loves. I don't get what you mean when you say "Either go along for the ride, or cancel your subscription to HBO." I am along for the ride, that doesn't mean I can't voice criticism with the show where it's due. The Dorne storyline this season was bad. I'm not going to refrain from complaining when something is badly written, sorry.

You're a really spoiled brat aren't you? People live partially for stuff like entertainment. I know I do. It's partially thanks to GRRM I can have a good life. GRRM increases the overall satisfaction in life for his fans, so yes, that's socially redeeming value. Get out please; spoiled brats like you aren't welcome.

Edited by LannisterKing

No way is Jon dead. I may just be in denial and grasping at straws lol but that stare down between the White Walker and Jon in Hardhome was so deep, like he was looking at Jon like "yup, this kid's got balls, I'll deffo see him again" and I refuse to believe that nearly ten minute stare down was in vain. And like someone said, no point hyping up Jon's parentage only to kill him off before ever finding out. :crying:

I actually give Kit a lot of credit for giving the effort about the whole thing. Granted, there is only so much he can do. It is not like he is going to walk around under a blanket for six months.