[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

And that interview said he hadn't read TDoD yet he claims he read all the books. And that wrap party part of the article didn't ring right with me.

this.

i think he kind of slipped when he said that Rose got her memorabilia after shooting her last scene and he didn't get shit. they liked her more than him? c'mon, he's part of the top billing of this show, he has to get something when he leaves at the least.. .

Edited by The Smuggler

this.

i think he kind of slipped when he said that Rose got her memorabilia after shooting her last scene and he didn't get shit. they liked her more than him? c'mon, he's part of the top billing of this show, he has to get something when he leaves at the least.. .

Subtle hint that he is coming back maybe?

If the tradition is to give gifts to chars when they are done, one would think, Kit, (who is what top 3 cast?) would get something pretty damn big.

I actually give Kit a lot of credit for giving the effort about the whole thing. Granted, there is only so much he can do. It is not like he is going to walk around under a blanket for six months.

i would have as showrunners made a big deal about the hair part of his contract and then had him cut it after this episode and dye it blond.

this.

Maybe they give him the swag bag when he comes back to shoot his funeral pyre scene.

Jon is dead and it looks like Kit isn't coming back next season. But they still have to shoot the funeral pyre scene because otherwise nobody will believe he is dead.

I have been predicting a sudden change in Jon's appearance for a couple of weeks now. Unless people are lying Jon does not come back in which case why give a damn who his parents were or he comes back and a different actor plays the part.

A resurrection scene seems inevitable. But how do D&D do it? Quite possibly in a different way to GRRM because they are very magic averse.

D&D have budget for next season. Why would they not shoot the pyre scene already? They have the actor, they have the set. That is a tell there. I am certain there is a scene and there is a reason not to have shot it already, like leaking info.

Looking at the whole plot arc of the season, I think it points to a way of selling Jon's resurrection to skeptical viewers:

* No Lady Stoneheart because having more than one unStark is stretching credibility.

* Mel's Shireen BBQ reminds viewers of the power of fire.

* Make viewers really, really hate Mel.

The last is the odd bit. Mel is surely an essential part of Jon's rebirth. Why else show her return? [That looks like a pony to me BTW, not a horse and certainly not a battle horse which is what Stannis was asking about].

But Mel is also evil incarnate. If she resurrects Jon, he is going to become evil. Unless of course, she doesn't do it willingly.

Here is what I think happens:

* Deserters from Stannis report what the red witch did to Shireen.

* Alliser Thorne tells the men to put Mel on Jon's pyre

* Mel gets the crackle crackle treatment she deserves

* Jon is reborn, life for life.

Anyone have any other use for Mel plotwise at this point?

i would have as showrunners made a big deal about the hair part of his contract and then had him cut it after this episode and dye it blond.

That might be going too far. I do not want him wearing a wig during the sixth season. I already hate most of the wigs on the show.

I can't see Jon remaining with the Nights Watch after that. In the books there were only a handful of people involved and they showed some remorse, on the show there were about 16 men involved. How can he remember all of their faces to execute them all? The only NW brother (not just an extra) that is not against him is Edd. There is no one else on Jon's side, they have been cutting away with them all so I can't see Jon remaining in the Castle Black setting.

I think Mel and Davos will get Jon out of there and he will be taking on the Boltons/Littlefinger (?) next season with Sansa. He will enter the political game (D&D have probably been desperate for this) but will continue sticking with his goal to 'protect the realms of men' but it won't be as the LC of the NW. Jon and Sansa will be avenging the Starks next season.

In the books I think it will be Stannis who defeats Roose and/or Ramsay but D&D have probably given this to Jon.

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

Maybe they give him the swag bag when he comes back to shoot his funeral pyre scene.

Jon is dead and it looks like Kit isn't coming back next season. But they still have to shoot the funeral pyre scene because otherwise nobody will believe he is dead.

I have been predicting a sudden change in Jon's appearance for a couple of weeks now. Unless people are lying Jon does not come back in which case why give a damn who his parents were or he comes back and a different actor plays the part.

A resurrection scene seems inevitable. But how do D&D do it? Quite possibly in a different way to GRRM because they are very magic averse.

D&D have budget for next season. Why would they not shoot the pyre scene already? They have the actor, they have the set. That is a tell there. I am certain there is a scene and there is a reason not to have shot it already, like leaking info.

Looking at the whole plot arc of the season, I think it points to a way of selling Jon's resurrection to skeptical viewers:

* No Lady Stoneheart because having more than one unStark is stretching credibility.

* Mel's Shireen BBQ reminds viewers of the power of fire.

* Make viewers really, really hate Mel.

The last is the odd bit. Mel is surely an essential part of Jon's rebirth. Why else show her return? [That looks like a pony to me BTW, not a horse and certainly not a battle horse which is what Stannis was asking about].

But Mel is also evil incarnate. If she resurrects Jon, he is going to become evil. Unless of course, she doesn't do it willingly.

Here is what I think happens:

* Deserters from Stannis report what the red witch did to Shireen.

* Alliser Thorne tells the men to put Mel on Jon's pyre

* Mel gets the crackle crackle treatment she deserves

* Jon is reborn, life for life.

Anyone have any other use for Mel plotwise at this point?

OMG YES. THIS IS AWESOME.

I don't think Jon will be getting a pyre.

Why not? The NW burn the bodies of the dead since they found out about the WW. So they are certain to try.

So either Jon is resurrected before he is burned or he is burned and that is the cause of his resurrection or he is burned to ash.

Not burning Jon or burning him off screen would mean people doubting that he was dead.