[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

I can't see Jon remaining with the Nights Watch after that. In the books there were only a handful of people involved and they showed some remorse, on the show there were about 16 men involved. How can he remember all of their faces to execute them all? The only NW brother (not just an extra) that is not against him is Edd. There is no one else on Jon's side, they have been cutting away with them all so I can't see Jon remaining in the Castle Black setting.

I think Mel and Davos will get Jon out of there and he will be taking on the Boltons/Littlefinger (?) next season with Sansa. He will enter the political game (D&D have probably been desperate for this) but will continue sticking with his goal to 'protect the realms of men' but it won't be as the LC of the NW. Jon and Sansa will be avenging the Starks next season.

In the books I think it will be Stannis who defeats Roose and/or Ramsay but D&D have probably given this to Jon.

i don't see him staying in the NW in the books either if he does come back they would kick him out. i feel for being a freaking unholy thing that died and came back to life.

Edited by 239JMFL34109

Why not? The NW burn the bodies of the dead since they found out about the WW. So they are certain to try.

So either Jon is resurrected before he is burned or he is burned and that is the cause of his resurrection or he is burned to ash.

Not burning Jon or burning him off screen would mean people doubting that he was dead.

I meant given the Aemon Targaryen treatment.

No doubting they'd have to burn him given past experiences.

At the end of the season, I find myself wishing the show had diverged more from the books so they could have actually moved some of these characters and stories forward. As it is, we avoided some of Martin's most obviously derailed subplots and tangents but replaced them with others, so as to end the season with the main characters more of less where they were at the end of the last book.

Some random thoughts about the story arcs:

* Sansa - I liked their approach, trying to fold her back into the main narrative, but despite the opportunity she remained a pawn and victim.

* Jaime - His storyline was still pointless, but it was pointless in a different way from the books.

* Tyrion - He actually reached Dany! Woohoo! But it was totally anticlimactic. Boo.

* Stannis - I don't have a problem with the story arc as a whole, but I think the execution on some of the details was lacking. Still hoping for Mel complicity in some of the setbacks.

* Cersei - Pretty well done, and very well acted.

* Arya - I enjoyed this story arc - probably one of the high points of the season.

* Dany - Pretty much a mess, so a faithful adaptation of the books.

* Jon - "Hardhome" was better than anything in the last two books. And at least he got himself whacked without going insane and deciding to break his vows to go after Ramsay.

Overall, the season had some moments but the story felt meandering and lost. It felt somewhat less meandering and lost than the last couple books, but only because of what was excised - not because the remaining (or reworked) story arcs achieved better pacing, direction or development. I was not as disappointed with the season as I was with the last two books, but only because less is more when working with such flawed source material. Plus "Hardhome." That was awesome.

i don't see him stay in the NW in the books either if he does come back they would kick him out i feel for being a freaking unholy thing that died and came back to life.

This is going to be the interesting part of the whole arc....WTF happens with Jon? Does he go crazy and avenge himself?

It might be that the Wall falls when he is resurrected and it's a moot point. <--- this makes some sense given the parrallel with Dany in Season 1.

MMD = Mel

Dragons = Wall falling and Ice Dragons?

Could it be?

The problem with these interviewers is that they are allowing Benioff, Weiss and Harington to doge the issue by asking the wrong question.

The question is not whether Jon is dead, of course he is dead, the right question is: will he be revived?

This is what I have been saying non-stop since the show aired and people started asking about it.

No way is Jon dead. I may just be in denial and grasping at straws lol but that stare down between the White Walker and Jon in Hardhome was so deep, like he was looking at Jon like "yup, this kid's got balls, I'll deffo see him again" and I refuse to believe that nearly ten minute stare down was in vain. And like someone said, no point hyping up Jon's parentage only to kill him off before ever finding out. :crying:

You're not alone here-it was such a powerful scene to be irrelevant. Plus the parentage. I'm honestly dissapointed with myself even to consider the fact that he's gone. I did see in Kit's interviews that he is saying Jon is definitely dead. Let Jon be dead-but let one of the other hero aliases be born :eek:

DnD seem to really want at stop at season 7

how many episodes are in those seasons is the thing?

If book 6 is 1200 pages and contains many loose ends it will probably mean 7 will match in length. I find it hard to believe they go 7 seasons. I think after 6 comes out it will be an eye opener to DnD that they should start casting additional characters like Aegon, Victarion, Euron, Howland, etc.

Still haven't seen anyone mention a couple things:

Maybe shireens burning that started to melt the snow wasn't for stannis it was so that Mel had a chance to ride back to castle black , and she just didn't realize that until the last moment.

Also. I think the show runners decided to end on many cliffhangers partially as a gift and respect to Martin to give him a chance to release book 6 so that if people want to they can read what happens next in martins own words before season 6 comes.

The problem with these interviewers is that they are allowing Benioff, Weiss and Harington to doge the issue by asking the wrong question.

The question is not whether Jon is dead, of course he is dead, the right question is: will he be revived?

I think the right question is: "Is Jon's story over"?

Still haven't seen anyone mention a couple things:

Maybe shireens burning that started to melt the snow wasn't for stannis it was so that Mel had a chance to ride back to castle black , and she just didn't realize that until the last moment.

Also. I think the show runners decided to end on many cliffhangers partially as a gift and respect to Martin to give him a chance to release book 6 so that if people want to they can read what happens next in martins own words before season 6 comes.

I agree with Red completely. I think Jon's cliffhanger is the one I wouldn't have minded being ruined though.

Blue might be right too. But I don't even think she knows it yet lol. I think she left Stannis in fear for her life after learning of his men deserting him. Maybe after the revival she'll put the pieces together - for now, you're just ahead of the curve.

You're not alone here-it was such a powerful scene to be irrelevant. Plus the parentage. I'm honestly dissapointed with myself even to consider the fact that he's gone. I did see in Kit's interviews that he is saying Jon is definitely dead. Let Jon be dead-but let one of the other hero aliases be born :eek:

If book 6 is 1200 pages and contains many loose ends it will probably mean 7 will match in length. I find it hard to believe they go 7 seasons. I think after 6 comes out it will be an eye opener to DnD that they should start casting additional characters like Aegon, Victarion, Euron, Howland, etc.

books are the books. we are talking about a tv show. they said they want to stop at 7 and have been talking about ending at 7 for a while i doubt they get 8 but like a two part split like breaking bad and mad men i could see.

i don't they are ever doing aegon and team