[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

I haven't had time to read through the entire thread, but did someone mention what was the significance of Dany dropping the ring? Was a special ring, one that the Dothraki might recognize?

It's explained in the Inside the episode thing. She drops it so she can be tracked, like a bread crumb. I'm sure there will be a scene next season where Daario and Jorah come across it and know they're on the right track (as unlikely as that is lol).

Why do people insist they show pointless travelogues?

Varys traveled to Mereen. He got there after Tyrion did. NO teleportation required, just a ship or carriage, but WHO CARES.

Mel rode a horse to Castle Black. Did it take one-two-three days? A week? We don't know, but I DON'T CARE.

Assume that lots of boring stuff happens off-screen, including people going to the toilet, riding horses between places, walking, blowing their noses, and *gasp* counting the larder's food stores. They have 55 minutes to tell a story.

Nit pickers gonna pick.

Edited by Spilt Pea Soup

Locked up?

But why? Jon kept him locked up in S4 when Alliser was in charge, but we've seen Ghost free this season twice at least. Why would Jon lock him up? And if he did, they should give us a line of dialogue telling us.

Varys traveled to Mereen. He got there after Tyrion did. NO teleportation required, just a ship or carriage, but WHO CARES.

Mel rode a horse to Castle Black. Did it take one-two-three days? A week? We don't know, but I DON'T CARE.

Assume that lots of boring stuff happens off-screen, including people going to the toilet, riding horses between places, walking, blowing their noses, and *gasp* counting the larder's food stores. They have 55 minutes to tell a story.

Nit pickers gonna pick.

Thank you!!!

Nit pickers gonna pick.

Because it doesn't make any sense. No logic to it.

Sorry if some people like their shows to have logic when it comes to things like teleporting all over the world. Easy ways around it.

Edited by Lord Hanna

But why? Jon kept him locked up in S4 when Alliser was in charge, but we've seen Ghost free this season twice at least. Why would Jon lock him up? And if he did, they should give us a line of dialogue telling us.

I do agree that having Ghost mysteriously gone during the stabbing was frustrating to me too. Even if it's Mel or the Nights King to resurrect Jon, I felt Ghost should've been somewhere in the scene. Leashed up by the NW or something. I truly believe Ghost will be there come the return to that scene next spring. But why leave Ghost out at Jon's stabbing? Give me something to hang my hat on DD...geez!

Sorry if some people like their shows to have logic when it comes to things like teleporting all over the world. Easy ways around it.

There's no logic to it? I don't think you know what logic is.

We don't have a calendar of what day is what day on the show. The show showed Tyrion travel. It is *logical* that if he can do it, then Varys can too, and arrive shortly after him. How is that illogical? They don't have to show every single trip someone takes. That would suck.

Dead people popsicles, dragons, a house full of Zartans (G.I. Joe), a city full of Things (Fantastic Four), and Frankenknight all kinda throw logic out the window too:-)

I do agree that having Ghost mysteriously gone during the stabbing was frustrating to me too. Even if it's Mel or the Nights King to resurrect Jon, I felt Ghost should've been somewhere in the scene. Leashed up by the NW or something. I truly believe Ghost will be there come the return to that scene next spring. But why leave Ghost out at Jon's stabbing? Give me something to hang my hat on DD...geez!

You think Ser Alliser and the conspirators didn't think to lock up the hound first? They decided when to do the stabby stabby. Presumably ghost has a kennel. So they lock the door before Olly goes to call Jon.

Like the other poster said. What you think are plot holes are nothing of the sort. The only holes we might have is some prophecies not coming true. Mel predicts she will meet Arya again, she also tries to leech Balon and it hasn't worked yet. On the other hand, she also predicted Bolton Banners burning.

Maybe Balon died a while back and we didn't find out yet and maybe all Mel's predictions come true but in twisted ways that are the opposite of what she expects. Maybe Mel gets tied to a pole on Jon's bonfire and her life essence resurrects him and Arya meets Jon sometime.

Great news jons not dead he will be living in ghost. I cant post the link but theres a youtube video with kit and d&d where kit says he would like to be a warg and weiss says "all i can say is season 6 ......season 6. They had all been drinking on camera and when weiss made his comment danny told him quietly but loud enough to be picked on on mic to "keep drinking". Obvioudly he was subtley telling weiss what did you just say you drunk idiot.

Every show has main characters jump into a car and arrive a few seconds later. We don't need to see them stopping at lights, getting gas, chatting, complaining about the traffic. This is what we have imaginations for. To get us over the essential illogic of the television and film medium.

Nit pickers gonna pick.

Because then the entire premise of burning Shireen due to the harsh snow on the arduous, lengthy journey from Castle Black to Winterfell (harder when you lose all your horses oh wait Mel found one) that has taken 9 episodes turns into "Just coz".

I am happy to accept things need to change for show situations. But they need to make sense.

Varys, yeah look I dont want to see Varys treking around Essos. Or Gendry rowing his damn boat. But if youre going to make out that the Baratheon army had to sacrifice the Kings daughter in order to make the trek from A to B due to how long the ride is/how much snow there is/how harsh the terrain is/how there are no horses DONT SHOW ONE OF THE PEOPLE IN THE ARMY MAKE THE TRIP IN 30 SECONDS ON A FUCKING HORSE.

Edited by Misnthropia

You think Ser Alliser and the conspirators didn't think to lock up the hound first? They decided when to do the stabby stabby. Presumably ghost has a kennel. So they lock the door before Olly goes to call Jon.

Like the other poster said. What you think are plot holes are nothing of the sort. The only holes we might have is some prophecies not coming true. Mel predicts she will meet Arya again, she also tries to leech Balon and it hasn't worked yet. On the other hand, she also predicted Bolton Banners burning.

Maybe Balon died a while back and we didn't find out yet and maybe all Mel's predictions come true but in twisted ways that are the opposite of what she expects. Maybe Mel gets tied to a pole on Jon's bonfire and her life essence resurrects him and Arya meets Jon sometime.

Agreed! I think too that Stannis was never the one Mel saw in her visions. It was always Jon. She just needed a royal blood sacrifice. Get Renly out of the way, convince Stannis he has to stop at nothing to defend the realm against the Other's and keep Jon close. I think her only missed vision is Jon being stabbed. Mel knew she'd never get near the Lannisters or Dany for a sacrifice, so Stannis being the true heir by default was easy pickings for her. Stannis and his family were just pawns in her plot.

Every show has main characters jump into a car and arrive a few seconds later. We don't need to see them stopping at lights, getting gas, chatting, complaining about the traffic. This is what we have imaginations for. To get us over the essential illogic of the television and film medium.

It's not about that, it's about character A leaving before character B, going a shorter distance, but character B ends up there episodes before.

No logic. It's not about not seeing it happen. It's about consistency.

It's not about that, it's about character A leaving before character B, going a shorter distance, but character B ends up there episodes before.

No logic. It's not about not seeing it happen. It's about consistency.

Stannis sends her away at the beginning of the episode and she arrives at CB at the end of the episode. How much in universe time has elapsed in the intervening 50 minutes is really not worth worrying about. I don't know how you could possibly enjoy any tv show or film if this is the level of nit picking. Maybe she stopped in Molestown for a burger.

Edited by Khal Boner

Because then the entire premise of burning Shireen due to the harsh snow on the arduous, lengthy journey from Castle Black to Winterfell (harder when you lose all your horses oh wait Mel found one) that has taken 9 episodes turns into "Just coz".

I am happy to accept things need to change for show situations. But they need to make sense.

Varys, yeah look I dont want to see Varys treking around Essos. Or Gendry rowing his damn boat. But if youre going to make out that the Baratheon army had to sacrifice the Kings daughter in order to make the trek from A to B due to how long the ride is/how much snow there is/how harsh the terrain is/how there are no horses DONT SHOW ONE OF THE PEOPLE IN THE ARMY MAKE THE TRIP IN 30 SECONDS ON A FUCKING HORSE.

NM. What Khal Boner said.

Edited by Spilt Pea Soup