[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

For some reason, I got the weird vibe that Daario is going to betray Dany from this episode.

In the books, if Aegon's invasion leads to Tommen's death, then you could say Tyrion putting the seed into Aegon's head to invade helped lead to it.

Daario has that vibe in the books.

I agree, so in a way she has every right to fear tyrion. Jaime might be the one to kill her but Tyrion is the one who brought the prophecy down on her head.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone else pissed they deliberately removed most of Dany's failings as a ruler and the consequences of them (death,famine,disease and war) so it looks like she was 100% in the right and didnt get appreciated?

BTW... whatever happened with the final scene of the book?

Thats what happens when you start off with Vary's following his book motivation and then realise you want to cut it because their Fav character will face an actual challenge and could come out looking bad/wrong

Anyone else pissed they deliberately removed most of Dany's failings as a ruler and the consequences of them (death,famine,disease and war) so it looks like she was 100% in the right and didnt get appreciated?

Absolutely, they completely missed the mark this season. I don't understand how they could blow it this bad... oh ya, they thought putting Feast and Dance into one season was a good idea. So i guess their incompetence should have been more obvious. Like you said in your previous post, Dorne was awful, way to go, ruin an awesome story. No Quentin, no Arianne. Just total negligence on Dan and DB's part. The feeling of the whole story was wrong. If Dany is just making all perfect decisions than the story becomes plain and one sided, where as in the books, she shows her inexperience, which one would expect from an outsider trying to rule a foreign country with foreign customs. It's funny to think about but they make a fantasy story seem far fetched. And don't get me started on Jon's botched arc. The assassination at the end was horrid. They make him too perfect in the show as well, which just makes the brothers of the watch look bad. In the book, Jon really leaves his brothers with no choice, which is why they're crying when their hands are forced. But the show misses that entirely and they make it all about Jon letting the wildlings come south. How hard would it truly have been for them to get it right?

Edited by Khal Pod

Absolutely, they completely missed the mark this season. I don't understand how they could blow it this bad... oh ya, they thought putting Feast and Dance into one season was a good idea. So i guess their incompetence should have been more obvious. Like you said in your previous post, Dorne was awful, way to go, ruin an awesome story. No Quentin, no Arianne. Just total negligence on Dan and DB's part. The feeling of the whole story was wrong. If Dany is just making all perfect decisions than the story becomes plain and one sided, where as in the books, she shows her inexperience, which one would expect from an outsider trying to rule a foreign country with foreign customs. It's funny to think about but they make a fantasy story seem far fetched. And don't get me started on Jon's botched arc. The assassination at the end was horrid. They make him too perfect in the show as well, which just makes the brothers of the watch look bad. In the book, Jon really leaves his brothers with no choice, which is why they're crying when their hands are forced. But the show misses that entirely and they make it all about Jon letting the wildlings come south. How hard would it truly have been for them to get it right?

I guess D&D play favourites with some characters especially Tyrion and Dany since all their grey actions were removed cause the favs cant do anything bad so they have to lay it on thick to other characters they dont like such as Stannis who has been more villainised cause hes persuing the IT whcih goes against Dany's campaign so they remove all context as to why and his positive qualities however, they completely stripped him of everything in his final two episodes by making him pathetically lose everything and humliate him despite how rich the character is

Well Dany and Tyrion are favorites so they were definitely going to whitewash them. I wasn't expecting them to highlight her incompetence at all. Tyrion's arc, as well, was just too cliche and underwhelming in the show. Some unsullied I know are already shipping them together for the iron throne :ack:

Well Dany and Tyrion are favorites so they were definitely going to whitewash them. I wasn't expecting them to highlight her incompetence at all. Tyrion's arc, as well, was just too cliche and underwhelming in the show. Some unsullied I know are already shipping them together for the iron throne :ack:

i would have been fine if they cut out the armies marching for the cities and left the pale mare and all the people dying whilst she sits and does nothing

P.S :huh: FUCK NO TO THAT lol

96NWXq9.jpg