[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Why bother anyway? Show Mel is a total incompetent. She can't even get it right with human sacrifice of king's blood. Mel bringing him back after she completely destroyed Stannis for no reason would be totally ridiculous and unbelievable, so, undoubtedly, that's what they will do.

It's just a plot point. Why have characters when you can have walking plot points?

It's pointless now to guess anything about any part of this mess. No matter what you read, no matter what actors are cast or not, no matter how you read and understand the books, it's so far off the rails that discussing it now is an even bigger waste of our short lives than all the prior years combined.

I'm just sad it's come to this. What a disgrace.

No Ghost, does that mean Jon's not going to warg him but be resurrected by Melissandre instead? Ugh.

IRRC, Ghost was penned up away from the courtyard because he was annoying Wun Wun. So he wasn't in close proximity to Jon when he was attacked. We don't know where he is in the show. Either way, either Jon can warg into him when he's not close by, or he can't. Melisandre coming back to Castle Black is a little too convenient, so my guess is she's involved in Jon's "rebirth."

Yeah, Kit is definitely coming back. No way they axe their most charismatic character. Not only that, but they have yet to solve the "mystery" of his parentage. He still has a big part to play in the series.

For all the people griping about Stannis, bear in mind that we don't really know his situation in the books. D&D may be guilty of spoilerage, but still true to the source material (to a point anyways--it's obvious Brienne won't be killing him).

I thought Stannis was dead. But now that I think about it I'm going to say Stannis is alive. I think the moment Stannis admitted to using magic Renly to kill him saved his life from Brienne. Brienne has the motive to keep Stannis alive and put him in a trial to clear her name.

I'm going to guess next episode we'll see Stannis alive as a captive to Brienne. D&D simply changed it around so it's Brienned who has Stannis, not Ramsay.

Yeah, Jon Snow is dead...but Kit Harrington is auditioning for the new role of AA or TPTWP

I actually wondered if they would do something like that in the books, where Jon comes back but is completely different. Sort of like a Super Saiyan (not really) Jon Snow that is some savior and actually has a bit of a character change.

Even the synapsis for the episode on hbo go says in no uncertain terms jon died.......im in disbelief that he is really dead....is he dead in the books or is this part of the shows effort to remove as much warging and magic as possible....

It's just a plot point. Why have characters when you can have walking plot points?

LOL. Plus, in a year, the dumb viewers will forget that Mel had Stannis burn his daughter alive so he would beat the Boltons...but instead he lost and died, so it will be kewl that she's all mystical and powerful again. Did you notice how in the same scene her clothing appeared to change from black to red? Maybe the crazy prop woman also works lights.

What a MESS of my boy.

Wow, like they hadn't messed with Jon enough, his death was even lame, D&D have no understanding of Jon. Did the Wildlings go on vacation? Olly were his last words? Traitor on a post? Are you kidding me? At least the shining light proved that he was not "dead".

I was more scared at Hardhome than here; even if that would've gone wayyy off book, that would have been a better way to kill him. Unbelievable.

Mel, RAN??? Where the hell did she go when she arrived at Castle Black? She just walked in? They turned her into a coward?!

Theon and Sansa did not have the 30 ft. snow beneath them?!

I am fine w/Brienne getting her revenge.

Arya was awesome---it was good to see that brutality we see in her in the books, on screen,

Cersei also was excellent

Maisie Williams and Lena Headey brought it

Stephen Dillane brought it; Stannis realizing what he had done, and as much as I hate what he did, he did not die a coward.

Edited by koftroy