[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Why bother anyway? Show Mel is a total incompetent. She can't even get it right with human sacrifice of king's blood. Mel bringing him back after she completely destroyed Stannis for no reason would be totally ridiculous and unbelievable, so, undoubtedly, that's what they will do.

The problem isn't her magic, it never has been.

Mel does have powers. The problem is she's been betting on the wrong horse the whole time. Everyone knows that Stannis is NOT the chosen.

And please understand I'm NOT defending this episode, or the general writing that we've seen since like season two, lol.

BTW, Ellaria's incredibly idea was to also get Trystane killed, right? Because there is no way Jaime won't realise this has been the Dornish idea.

Unless he goes fully stupid and say "I know you didn't because you loved her".

I take back what I said: I'm GLAD Aimee is not involved in this fucking mess. She deserves better.

Why would Brienne swing her sword at Stan the man's head, yet he's still not dead. The only thing that would have stopped her mid swing is Sansa, Arya and Lady Stoneheart but we know it's not Arya or Sansa and it most likely isn't Lady Stoneheart unless we see something next season. I do agree that off screen deaths are extremely questionable.

LOL. Plus, in a year, the dumb viewers will forget that Mel had Stannis burn his daughter alive so he would beat the Boltons...but instead he lost and died, so it will be kewl that she's all mystical and powerful again. Did you notice how in the same scene her clothing appeared to change from black to red? Maybe the crazy prop woman also works lights.

Or she was just wrong with Stannis being AAR and it's someone else, like it probably is in the books, and she misread her visions, like she's done in both the show and the books before. It's not inconsistent. Shireen's death will likely matter, it will just manifest itself another way. Stannis just wasn't the guy.

It's pointless now to guess anything about any part of this mess. No matter what you read, no matter what actors are cast or not, no matter how you read and understand the books, it's so far off the rails that discussing it now is an even bigger waste of our short lives than all the prior years combined.

I'm just sad it's come to this. What a disgrace.

I honestly don't get this. Arya is with the FM, Jon is "dead". Cersei took the walk, Robert Strong showed up, Myrcella was killed to provoke a war, Reek is escaping Winterfell, etc. etc.

The biggest departures here are that Sansa was in Winterfell, that Jaime went to Dorne with Bronn, and that Brienne was the one who offed Stannis (though I can't help but notice he didn't die on screen).

Those are fairly minor details. I don't see the sense in changing them, but then I don't have to adapt 1000 page novels for TV either.

Make no mistake: this was a shit season. I still hope they can do better next year though. Especially if GRRM publishes the damn book already.

You know, in the episode, Jon gets killed because he favoured the wildlings. Just like in the books.

Yet, it feels so so so so so so so so so so so so different.

This is what happens when you change EVERYTHING preceding the scenes and insist on make the book scenes.

This is for those who keep saying "you book readers just are pissed they make everything different!"

Every scene of this episode WAS FROM THE BOOKS.

But they simply tossed them in the episode without any context or motivation.

I'll say it again

People jump from their seats when the player runs through the goal to score, because they don't know whether he might or might not do it. That's what moves them. Not the score itself. They celebrate or rage about the resolution of the play, but it's the play what gives them feelings.

couldn't keep up rather watch show, on page 26: I don't think Stannis is dead yet, they cut away from him and Brienne before the swing, Podrick was not there, where is Podrick?

Did Brienne have him watch the window?

Did Pod find Sansa and Theon?

Where is Podrick?.

Surprised they killed off Myrcella first and doesn't look like Lena used a double, but then her breast grew quite a bit, must be good CGI.

No Benjen, and those letters were all rejections I take it.

Sansa should have kept the corkscrew.

Back to reading.

Edited by Grail King

For me Kit will not longer be on the show but Jon is still alive. When I read the book I thought that Jon will warg to his direwolf or someone who is near him, that's why we at the begining we have a chapter about that warg that goes from body to body. For me it was a foreshadow for Jon storyline.

Remember in the book when Maester Aegon told Sam about how Mel got everything wrong and that Stannin was not the chosen one? I think that she'll be on the wall so she can see Jon's resurrection or however he come backs to realize he's Azor Ahai.

I don't know about Davos tho...

Or she was just wrong with Stannis being AAR and it's someone else, like it probably is in the books, and she misread her visions, like she's done in both the show and the books before. It's not inconsistent. Shireen's death will likely matter, it will just manifest itself another way. Stannis just wasn't the guy.

The SHOW has her tell Stannis that it will all be worth it because he will sit the Iron Throne. So, either she was lying or bad writing. That isn't a misread vision. That's I see you on the Iron Throne.