[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

You know, in the episode, Jon gets killed because he favoured the wildlings. Just like in the books.

Yet, it feels so so so so so so so so so so so so different.

This is what happens when you change EVERYTHING preceding the scenes and insist on make the book scenes.

This is for those who keep saying "you book readers just are pissed they make everything different!"

Every scene of this episode WAS FROM THE BOOKS.

But they simply tossed them in the episode without any context or motivation.

I'll say it again

People jump from their seats when the player runs through the goal to score, because they don't know whether he might or might not do it. That's what moves them. Not the score itself. They celebrate or rage about the resolution of the play, but it's the play what gives them feelings.

If my team scores the winning goal, I'm celebrating the win not the play. The play is only relevant if it leads to the win (think Superbowl XLIX).

I get your point but I think we've reach the final line where book readers file for a divorce from the show for irreconcilable differences. The show no longer will have the books as any sort of road map and will finish well before the books. Those who feel very passionate about the books are only throwing their own party of disappointment if they continue to watch because nothing will please them.

They wait until August? Not doubting you, but I never thought that would be the case. A show this big and far flung, I just always assumed they filmed more or less year round.

The actual filming starts from late July to early August. But the preperation for filming begins months earlier. Scouting location. Getting new actors/directors. Preparing props for the show. Those things do happen year around.

Overall episode 10 was really poor but with a few redeeming features.

Stannis getting killed by Brienne (if he is dead). What the hell was that. So anti climatic and lame. Stannis all of a sudden descends to killing his daughter and ends like that in a wood, just in time for Brienne to arrive.

The cliffhangers were too forced IMO, One or two is enough.

At least they have left Dorne.

Cersei's story line was still good. That WoS scene was well acted.

I have no ways to express how bad this season was. And I am genuinely questioning anyone's taste claiming that this was good. We have passed that "opinions are different". Nope. If you liked this, you have a bad taste. That is the point they had brought us.

More people is actually acknowledging this season was very bad, even "important" critics. Some people watch it because they enjoy it and don't want to make a big deal about it, that's fine.

Some others defend the show in a way that is making me believe HBO has specifically sent them to do that (I mean, if political groups do that in FB, twitter and similar, why not here?). Because one thing is to say "yeah, I enjoyed the show" and another one "you all are wrong! the show is good!!".

I mean, look at what I've said before. people can't get enough of the all "Feast and Dance are bad because they left everything unresolved!" rant, yet, this season has ended IN THE SAME WAY with mostly of the characters they hate in F and D having WORST plots.

The only "resolutions" we're having are things we already know would happen: Stannis never gets to the throne, Myrcella dies (as Tommen will) and... that's it.

Why would Brienne swing her sword at Stan the man's head, yet he's still not dead. The only thing that would have stopped her mid swing is Sansa, Arya and Lady Stoneheart but we know it's not Arya or Sansa and it most likely isn't Lady Stoneheart unless we see something next season. I do agree that off screen deaths are extremely questionable.

They might be setting up something ironic. You don't see Stannis dead, so question if he's alive. You do see Jon's death, and it looks pretty final. So surprise, next season, Stannis is the one who is dead and Jon is the one that makes it.

The SHOW has her tell Stannis that it will all be worth it because he will sit the Iron Throne. So, either she was lying or bad writing. That isn't a misread vision. That's I see you on the Iron Throne.

How many times did she tell Stannis that he was AAR? When we all know he's probably not. She isn't infallible. She said she saw the Bolton's banners fall, they probably will. She was always mistaken about Stannis being AAR and thought he would be king and lead the realm against the Others because she made a mistake, as most book readers already surmised. This isn't different at all.

The actual filming starts from late July to early August. But the preperation for filming begins months earlier. Scouting location. Getting new actors/directors. Preparing props for the show. Those things do happen year around.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I did kind of disregard those gritty details of putting a show on. Thanks.

How many times did she tell Stannis that he was AAR? When we all know he's probably not. She isn't infallible. She said she saw the Bolton's banners fall, they probably will. She was always mistaken about Stannis being AAR and thought he would be king and lead the realm against the Others because she made a mistake, as most book readers already surmised. This isn't different at all.

It is. Telling him he "Is" something is different than telling him he will something, like sit the iron throne. Sorry, show Mel is a total incompetent and has not done one thing except not die from poison. She's a dope and nobody should listen to her. She doesn't know jack.

I mean, look at what I've said before. people can't get enough of the all "Feast and Dance are bad because they left everything unresolved!" rant, yet, this season has ended IN THE SAME WAY with mostly of the characters they hate in F and D having WORST plots.

The only "resolutions" we're having are things we already know would happen: Stannis never gets to the throne, Myrcella dies (as Tommen will) and... that's it.

I find it easier to forgive that cliffhanger crap when I know I won't have to wait a decade to find out what happens next.