[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Okay, so after some reflection, this is my conclusion:

Brienne asks Stannis if he has any last words, he says - "go on now, do your duty".

Possibility-> Brienne is reminded that her #1 oath is to save Sansa & Arya. She spares Stannis because he can play a role in defeating the Boltons.

The Red Bitch leaves Stannis's camp after predicting that the Bolton banners will be burning in flames.

Possibility-> She leaves after having a vision of Jon being spam-stabbed and rushes to the wall to resurrect him. The Bolton banners may indeed be in flames next season, her vision might not be deceiving her here.

Sansa & Theon jump off a Winterfell Wall.

Possibility-> Sansa might survive but might lose the use of her legs like Bran. Miranda threatening to disable her legs might have been foreshadowing. Theon might actually die. Without Sansa, the Boltons lose support of 1/2 of the North and if Stannis is indeed still alive then he's back in business.

Also, there's going to be a war between King's Landing and Dorne, that part is obvious.

Okay, so after some reflection, this is my conclusion:

Brienne asks Stannis if he has any last words, he says - "go on now, do your duty".

Possibility-> Brienne is reminded that her #1 oath is to save Sansa & Arya. She spares Stannis because he can play a role in defeating the Boltons.

The Red Bitch leaves Stannis's camp after predicting that the Bolton banners will be burning in flames.

Possibility-> She leaves after having a vision of Jon being spam-stabbed and rushes to the wall to resurrect him. The Bolton banners may indeed be in flames next season, her vision might not be deceiving her here.

Sansa & Theon jump off a Winterfell Wall.

Possibility-> Sansa might survive but might lose the use of her legs like Bran. Miranda threatening to disable her legs might have been foreshadowing. Theon might actually die. Without Sansa, the Boltons lose support of 1/2 of the North and if Stannis is indeed still alive then he's back in business.

Also, there's going to be a war between King's Landing and Dorne, that part is obvious.

It is. Telling him he "Is" something is different than telling him he will something, like sit the iron throne. Sorry, show Mel is a total incompetent and has not done one thing except not die from poison. She's a dope and nobody should listen to her. She doesn't know jack.

Except she's been wrong with what she's said before IN THE BOOKS. Lets be real, we know after all of Mel's talk in the books that Stannis most likely already died at Winterfell.

The thing your missing is that we all know her powers actually do work, just not often the way she thinks they will. So she is valuable, just not infallible. Same way she is in the books.

The Mother was not at all merciful tonight. That was epic!!! Almost every cast member was represented.

I thought that Melisandre never looked more beautiful than the moment she looked at the melting icicles with glee. She completely thought that it justified her sacrifice of Shireen. Then to find out that half of Stannis’s men deserting him would have been a real shock. But it pissed me off when she left Stannis before the battle.

I liked that Selyse committed suicide. It made me think for a moment that Stannis could remarry and produce more heirs. Boy, was that wrong! At first, I thought they sold Stannis short by not showing the battle, but I’m glad they had him kill off two other people before he died. And I’m glad that Brienne killed him, not either of the Boltons. Whatever he did, Stannis deserved to die at the hands of someone honorable. I didn’t like how they cut away to Ramsay killing some random person, though. I thought it was disrespectful (and I’m not a Stannis fan). Stannis deserved a fully on-screen death. RIP House Baratheon.

I was okay with Sam asking to go to Old Town, but in the books, I liked that Jon immediately took leadership decisions like sending him (and the others away). It really brought “Kill the Boy” out for me.

When Theon pushed that horrible girl Myranda, I literally jumped up and chanted, “Theon! Theon!” Good riddance! I’m so, so, so glad they kept the jump--it’s one of my favorite moments in the book. However, that was a much higher wall than I imagined in the book. Not sure how they could survive that one.

Ninja Arya was AWESOME! The way she leaped onto Meryn Trant was very well done—I wonder if that was Maisie or a stunt person. I think that his may have been the most satisfying death so far in the show. I initially objected to D&D making him a pedophile, because I thought it was unnecessary to portray him as so evil, but it worked for the scene.

Arya’s acting at the “death”of Jaqen was probably Maisie’s best acting all year. So glad they kept her blindness. Looking forward to that next season.

Dorne: The moment that Jaime and Myrcella had that father-daughter moment (which I loved BTW), I was very afraid that he would die. However, Myrcella dying in his arms was very moving and could be the impetus for more Jaime action in the future. I’m glad that Ellaria also died too (I’m assuming that she swallowed more of the poison, not an antidote), though I would have liked to see Doran punish her. (However, I wasn’t sure if Doran supported the murder because he nodded for Elalria to come forward and wish Myrcella farewell.) She picked the MOST INNOCENT of the Lannisters to die. I doubt very much that Oberyn would have approved. However, this does leave Trystane open to marry Dany, whose husband conveniently died in the previous episode.

Meereen: Daario as the voice of reason? WTF? But I felt that it ended up well. Tyrion does belong in the city, trying to rule. I think I will enjoy Jorah and Daario on the road together. Perhaps Jorah will give him grayscale! The reunion of Tyrion and Varys promises some funny dialogue in the future! I liked that they ended with Dany meeting the khalasar. Not sure why she got rid of her ring, though. It’s not like they wouldn’t recognize her…

Cersei Confession and Walk: LENA. HEADEY. ROCKS. A very courageous portrayal. Just like in the books, that scene made me like her more than ever. She brilliantly portrayed how Cersei started with her head held high and ended up afraid and humiliated. I just wish we had the benefit of her thoughts, though of course that would not work with this medium. I thought that the scene would be rushed due to time, but it was long enough for it to uncomfortable and to see the range of emotions that were necessary. I have to confess that I did laugh a little at the Septa’s continual chants of “Shame!” I got a mental picture of the actress going to her next audition and explaining that she was the Shame lady in GOT and that although she had one line, she said it 20 times.

I hope we see more of Kevan Lannister in the next season. It will be nice to see him right the season and Varys return to off him. Now that 2 of her children are dead, we can also see Cersei’s true descent into madness..

I’m so glad they kept Jon’s Julius Caesar moment. It was fantastic! Interesting that they used Benjen as a lure for him. I guess D&D do believe that the audience can remember and related to things in Season 1. That’s great, but it makes me miss the Jaime/Tyrion/Tysha reveal all the more. My only concern was that his eyes were open at the end. That usually signifies death in TV and movies. I know about the Melisandre resurrects him theories, but I was hoping to avoid that.

He says in the interview that he got nothing on his last day....nothing....well either the cast hated him or he got nothing because hes not leaving. Also when asked about the final shoot, hes like yeah I was wanted to leave. Really? Nothing happened on your final shoot on a show that you have been a part of for 5 years? Its a troll and they won't be able to hide it for long.

Except she's been wrong with what she's said before IN THE BOOKS. Lets be real, we know after all of Mel's talk in the books that Stannis most likely already died at Winterfell.

The thing your missing is that we all know her powers actually do work, just not often the way she thinks they will. So she is valuable, just not infallible. Same way she is in the books.

I will say it again.

If Stannis is already dead in the books, then D&D lied when they said he burned Shireen. He can't do both. One or the other.

In the books she has power, but she misinterprets her visions.

In the show, she's a fucking idiot sex freak incompetent nut job who has never been right about anything.

What a letdown for a finale. Its pretty much like they had an idea who to kill off because they dont do anything else of complete relevance in the books. So they let Stannis do this awful thing cuz they know hes dead or will die before doing anything else significant in the books, but let Brienne do it since shes such an Oathkeeper and shes been saying this every season about Renly.

Its a real shame that they just changed fArya to Sansa just to have the same crap go down. An actual Stark in WF and no one rallies up to support her or rescue her.

And Jon's last word being Olly is such bullshit. Now we get to love Melisandre being there because she will most likely see stuff in her flames and revive him

I like Arya getting to kill Meryn Trant and how brutal it was, and I like the punishment after...like Dany being reunited with the Dothraki as well

Even my dad whos completely Unsullied called the episode lame

IN A WORLD WHERE THINGS MAKE SENSE, yes, Jon/Kit would return.

Then, this show...

But seriously, let's say Jon doesn't return next season. Who is fighting the Others? Mel? Davos? Olly? :dunno:

Since fewer people have returned from the dead on the show than on the books, his death seems more final, imo. He'll return, though for the reasons you mention.

Not sure why she got rid of her ring, though. It’s not like they wouldn’t recognize her…

Ser Friendzone and Daario will find it and track her next season. She'll probably continue to drop jewelry or something. They can drag that plotline out since it's not like the Ironborn are on the verge of invasion in the show.