[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

We saw them walking to Winterfell didn't we? Nobody riding? So, the conclusion would be that they didn't have any horses, except the one Mel rode away on.

But like I said. It's a figure of speech. One horse is hardly worth mentioning. Why mention that one horse? What good what that have done? The point the guy was making was horses are pointless now.

What Littlefinger was counting on in the shows did not happen: the armies of Stannis and the Boltons did not wear each other out. Stannis was utterly demolished. Baelish's only hope here is if Sansa's escape is good and she can rally the North against her cruel treatment by the Boltons. Before Winter comes, of course.

What North? ;p

its like jumping off a 20 story building and living

I noticed there was a ladder where they were at. why couldn't t hey have just gone down there. Can Theon not climb cause of his missing body toes (not sure if he has them or not)

also FTW was pretty bad. Jon just stood there while everyone just stabbed him.

Funny how Brienne called Renly the King of the Andals to the true King AND talking about duty,

When Brienne said do you have any last words, he should have said, "You do realize he was my YOUNGER brother"

And, um, we never got that second part to the Maggy flashback did we? So they also cast Melara for no reason at all since she never ended up in the well. So, Melara, check. Young Cersei. Check. Lollys. Check.

Not a northern lord in sight. Alrighty then.

Oh, right, I forgot about that flashback that everyone insisted would pay off later on in the season. Like so many other things, it did not pay off (and I still think it's bizarre that this was the one flashback that had to be filmed - though of course, it's a Lannisters' flashback and we all know they are the most important of all the characters on the show so I guess it does make sense :P)

I noticed there was a ladder where they were at. why couldn't t hey have just gone down there. Can Theon not climb cause of his missing body toes (not sure if he has them or not)

Like in the books.

It didn't look like there was much, if any, snow, in Winterfell, or outside on the plain where the armies met. Not sure what they jumped into.

Admittedly the plain looked defrosted, I’m not saying it was a bang up job by the show runners, but it isn’t crazy to think if it’s a north or south facing wall that doesn’t get much sun that a snow drift could have piled up. The curtain wall is 100 ft high, it’s not crazy to think 20 feet could have piled up there during the blizzards and even a warm up left 10-15 ft of snow still there at the base in a shadow. Yes if they are going with Sansa/Theon survived by landing in snow they could have showed some more snow, but in the grand scheme of things I wouldn’t say it’s the worst thing they’ve done.

its like jumping off a 20 story building and living

D&D are so obviously trolling us at this point. I mean, look at this:

1. It was called "Mother's Mercy", even though the episode had very little to do with that topic. Obviously a troll on the LSH hopefuls.

2. Jon's last word was "Olly", trolling all those who hope he warged Ghost.

3. The Benjen reference... Just to troll those of us who think Benjen still has an important roll to play.

4. Battle Of Winterfell is over in 30 seconds and happens off screen. We've been waiting years to read it, after all that buildup, it's over and like "Eh, oh yeah, Stannis lost."

5. Speaking of Stannis, he (apparently?) dies in the forest somewhere after being found by Brienne. The greatest military commander in Westeros gets beaten by Ramsay Snow, then executed by his gay brother's jilted female groupie.

6. Still in Winterfell, we were all waiting to see Sansa become a player in the game, when she picked up the corkscrew, it was like the ricin in Breaking Bad. "Who's she gonna use it on, who's she gonna use it on???" She used it on..... The door lock. Way to play the game!

7. Robert Strong, instead of his true nature being left mysteriously ambiguous, we see he has a head and even eyes. He looks like Darth Vader under the mask.

Seriously... it seems like D&D don't like criticism and are using the show to bitterly troll those who criticize them. I may be way offbase, but I think there is a fine line between "misdirection" and straight up "trolling." D&D are now crossing that line.

What Littlefinger was counting on in the shows did not happen: the armies of Stannis and the Boltons did not wear each other out. Stannis was utterly demolished. Baelish's only hope here is if Sansa's escape is good and she can rally the North against her cruel treatment by the Boltons. Before Winter comes, of course.

Well, technically, it appears that LF bet on the winner and he is in good with the Boltons now. Good thing for LF, since Ramsay will apparently defeat all who oppose him.

The disconnect from the books is irritating... Maybe Jon dies in the show and not in the books.

I don't believe it at all. It's not that disconnected. I mean, might as well have killed off Davos and Mel at the battle alongside Stannis. Mel will resurrect him as a lot of people predicted she would.

Welcome to "a game of thrones" starring D&D Bolton of the dreadfort! What a ridiculous show tonight, the message is clear, in westeros do not ever have honour or attempt anything or you will die badly at the hands of a psychopath