[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

A little disappointed at the whole way FTW was done. Jon had no potential getaway (he was on a horse in the book, right?) and no mention of Ghost. I'm guessing Olly's pained face was supposed to provide us with the tears we read of in the book? And all of Kit's interviews saying he's "really gone, done, this is it" I don't buy for a minute. I watch Pretty Little Liars and the actors all try that bs. I rarely ever buy into it, and for good reason.

Loved the emotion on Mel's face though, and the fact that everything just fell for Stannis after he burned Shireen. Very sad but it worked well. I wouldn't be surprised if Brienne didn't actually execute Stannis.

Loved Cersei's walk. Basically perfect. Pass the Emmy please. Lena is flawless.

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on all the Dorne and Mereen scenes. Wasn't impressed.

I'm curious as to how they are going to resurrect Jon, since I'm of the camp that thinks Jon isn't gone. I'm assuming Mel will play a big role in it, but have they shown that it is possible for a Red Priest(ess) to do so since the show started? I can't remember. I don't really know how that would work out if they haven't dropped that hint yet.

I will say though, a big way we can know if he is still on the show or not is by how much he changes his appearance, since he is contractually obligated to maintain his look while he is employed on the show. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if D&D give him permission to change his look just to throw people off :hat:

what cliffhangers are people talking about??

they completely butchered the whole jon snow death scenario (your uncle is alive! come here and find more information! wtf kind bullshit was that

the dorne storyline was completely pointless, the batman and robin kiss of death bullshit on myrcella

the stannis storyline just proved how much D&D hated and ruined stannis by having him burn his daughter alive and his wife kill herself while melisandre just dips and rides to castle black. what kind of lazy writing is everything to do with that storyline in the show

Wait wait, werent they saying that ratings were down from last seasons? I stopped reading the ratings around EP6, but they were dropping hard based on previous seasons, but still their highest rating show.

Even as a TV show, ignoring the books, this season was fairly poor.

I atleast like my stories to make sense. They contradicted themselves so many times this season. The dorne plot was ridiculous. Winterfell was a joke.

It was 8 episodes of rubbish and two episodes of "lets cram as much shit from the books in as we can!"

I agree. It looked weird, and the way it was filmed made it look like some hidden significance, but I really doubt it had any significance. I think she just didn't want them to see that she was wealthy. But it didn't matter cuz she had a crazy necklace on, and was a gorgeous white girl alone in the middle of fuckin nowhere.

Lol, yeah, I guess that's as good an explanation as there is. IIRC, she had other rings on the same hand, but whatevs...

Was said to be? Unless you're saying that they changed Benioff's original script then we saw the script when we saw Troy and it was not "amazing".

You do realize that scripts and the final outcome aren't always the same. The director can change scenes on the fly, things get edited out, etc.

Jaws had a script. Spielberg and the cast literally rewrote every scene the night before they shot it.

Could the 47 men of the Night's Watch have been anymore stupid? If you're going to betray Jon, why do it AFTER they let in 5,000 Wildlings. I'd love to see how those 47 jackasses (maybe not Edd) plan to deal with the Wildlings now, who also have a FREAKIN GIANT with them!

Thank God this is the last time I have to do this anymore for a whole year.

Lets get the GRAND FINALE on the road:

-So we start off with Stannis' magic camp, where TWENTY GOOD MEN are able to sneak in and kill all stores and horses effortlessly then leave effortlessly, now half the men are magically able to desert with the remaining horses and NOBODY NOTICES A DAMN THING, AGAIN. WTF IS WITH THIS CAMP. ARE D&D THIS DUMB.

-Selyse hangs herself out of grief to the burning. TOP KEKS, she's the one who fucking wants to do it. D&D have this bizarre idea that every woman character must be shown to be morally superior to her male plot-counterpart

-HOW DID THAT GUARD KNOW MELISANDRE HAD RODE OFF. HE WAS WITH STANNIS THE WHOLE TIME. Melisandre betraying Stannis at this stage makes 0 plot sense either (what was the point of it all?), though I guess show-knights can easily say "OMG U DONT KNO YET" to excuse this.

-This battle scene. Kek. D&D at their finest. First a gigantic army of thousands of horsemen is able to magically appear right on top of them on a flat plain without any of them noticing until they're already there. Not to mention where these guys came from, or how they're able to fit that much cavalry in Winterfell or have them leave without being spotted or heart. It's all just so stupid and banal to begin with. THEN in their infinite wisdom D&D decide to cut the "battle" they've been building up the entire season to, I'm sure the excuse was "budget" but this is BS (look at how many battles this size shows with less funding like Spartacus had, plus more on this later). And SHOCKER: Ramsay easily wins again. He's so tedious and boring and effortlessly wins anything he tries at, a caricature of what D&D think they got from skimming Ramsay in ADWD.

-Stannis dying to Brienne after he gets owned. It's completely 100% plot justifiable, logically consistent, and brilliant writing. This was totally a climatic and reasonable conclusion to Stannis' arc. Yup. Nothing wrong with this at all.

I mean sarcasm aside, what is there to say? It's just so banal, so terrible. Stannis gets done in by revenge strnk wmyz. I mean it not be awful as an ultimate conclusion to the two characters stories, but at this stage of the story it certainly was and just totally wasted the entire Stannis plot since season 2. And you can say "Brienne didn't really kill him you never saw him die" as a weak defense, I guess, but all the signs point there (remember when people said this about Adriana in the Sopranos because she died "off screen" and she was really dead?). I'll never understand D&D's problem with Stannis.

-This annoying Ramsay girl again. Every line out of her mouth is cringe. Why can't D&D create interesting or enjoyable original content characters? What are they all such cringe-worthy garbage?

-Reek turning for no reason. It was nuanced and involved heavy soul-searching and development in the books, and even then he had to be strong-armed into it and only made the jump out of sheer panic as opposed to bravery. This just wreaks of mediocre writing to do it this way.

-Making Meryn Trant into some kind of monster. OMG HE BEAT SANSA SO HE MUST LOVE BEATING CHILDREN. Really? Are D&D this banal? Do they have to make everyone Arya wants to kill cartoonishly evil so we "sympathize" with her. They do this shit with show-Cersei, Tyrion, and Dany too. It's fucking tedious. Not to mention they claim Trant was her first person on the list, when IRL it was Sandor for killing Micah. D&D can't even remember their own goddamn plot.

-Holy God, that Cringe snakes dialogue. Even going off, they were fucking terrible. That awful tough love line, that ear bite. It was just so embarrassingly bad. These people are caricatures of what D&D think strnk koo hawt women are.

-D&D and truly pleb writing. Jaime's grand moral lesson in all this is "you can't choose who you love" because of some cheesy as shit teen romance. Really? REALLY? The understanding of leadership, war and defeat, managing the realm, and what he really wants out of life is replaced by some done-to-death cringe-worthy love lesson? Bravo D&D. This Dorne arc has sure bee fulfilling and worth it in place of the Riverlands.

-So they recast Mycrella (even though the past actress wanted to reprise the role) and wasted time with all this just to kill her off? What was the point of it all? This was LITERALLY filler, which is bizarre given how much of the book D&D keep cutting for this banal garbage.

-Ellaria's assassination plot behind Doran's back makes ZERO sense. The ship was RIGHT THERE. They could have turned around and shouted off the bow "Hey Doran Mycrella is dead and I know who did it!". WTF!??! WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS SHOW SO STUPID. And of course you know Jaime will just go back to Dorne. Not to mention that this wastes the whole Doran master plan plot is gone, as he can no longer have a contender for the throne. And why kill Mycrella AFTER Trystane has been given away? Wtf? Fucking waste for fucking nonsensical filler.

-OH LOOK IT'S MORE MISSANDEI AND GREY WORM. EVERYONE'S FAVORITE PLOT

-So they're just abandoning Meereen to Tyrion basically? Why would people "trust" Grey Worm? He's a Unsullied slave, the whole POINT of this Meereen thing is Dany has to learn to work with the nobility, who if they had a hard time accepting Dany would definitely never recognize a dickless (yes, this matters in this era's politics) slave. And they call the Unsullied capable of ruling the city? What? When have the Unsullied EVER been shown to be capable of anything but hilariously dying in the show? "Oh Tyrion can do it because it's just like King's Landing because it's a big city". Uh, no, Meereen isn't ANYTHING like Westeros or KL, as is pointed out over and over in the book. All This just hurts my head with its stupidity. Reminder that they could have just kept Barristan to fill this void to rule Meereen instead of needlessly killing him off, but that would make too much sense and the actor was critical of D&D's BRAVO BRILLIANT writing so they couldn't have that.

-More ridiculous Varys-Tyrion bromance, he was a good friend. Reminder this trash is what we're getting instead of ruthless master plan ambiguous guy who enacts chaos in Westeros and Tyrion flat-out says he doesn't trust or like.

-Drogon's lair is lame and nonsensical. He just made a mound of shit in the middle of a big, easily accessible empty field. Wtf. Even the wildlife in this show are dumbed down.

-No Dany SQUATTING IN THE GRASS at sunset. The greatest line of the series, gone.

-And here we are with a giant useless drawn-out Dothraki scene. 100,00 Dothraki run around (when she should have been able to hear that many well in advance). Why does this piss me off the most though? Because D&D wasted money on this useless, needless stupid scene instead of actually showing the Battle of Ice. Why not just have Dany run into a few scouts and save that supposedly desperately slim budget?

-Cersei isn't being charged with regicide or killing the High Septon apparently, it never comes up. KEK. This is just more shit with show-Sparrows obsessing over sex because D&D are fedora tippers.

-WHY WOULD DAVOS JUST TRUST MEL'S WORD AND LET HER WALK AWAY. Book Davos literally contemplates killing her every 2 seconds and he isn't dumb enough to think he had no role in this. A non-stupid book Davos would immediately have her seized and locked up in a dungeon.

-Killing Jon for dumb reasons. "omg he loves wildlings see wur racist modern analogy durrrrr" instead of breaking his vows and getting the Watch into the realm's business. What dumbed down garbage. Not to mention the mutiny makes no sense in its execution (notice non-stupid book characters actually create a distraction first?!) and isn't wasted on Olly, that awful turd nobody cares about but D&D shoehorn into every scene. Really, they removed the whole tragedy of it, especially by not having Bowen Marsh crying.

-Misleading title. D&D probably made the title of the ep to try and mess with book fans who want LSH (and real writing). Their obnoxiousness knows no bounds, especially with trying to create false hype with Benjen (fortunately I never bought it).

Overall this "finale" wreaks of desperation where D&D try to be "edgy" by killing off all the cahracters they deem unimportant to create media hype and make it easier to worship the feet of Dany/Tyrion/Cersei again next season.

Well that's all for this season folks! Yearly reminder that the show has been garbage since season 2 and the books are better.

Edited by HouseHarrison

they completely butchered the whole jon snow death scenario (your uncle is alive! come here and find more information! wtf kind bullshit was that

How they'd butcher that? I don't understand, what was wrong with it? Actually it makes more sense than it does in the books. Why assassinate him in front of everyone. In front of Wildlings and King's men? Doing it in secret makes sense to me.

Wait wait, werent they saying that ratings were down from last seasons? I stopped reading the ratings around EP6, but they were dropping hard based on previous seasons, but still their highest rating show.

Even as a TV show, ignoring the books, this season was fairly poor.

I atleast like my stories to make sense. They contradicted themselves so many times this season. The dorne plot was ridiculous. Winterfell was a joke.

It was 8 episodes of rubbish and two episodes of "lets cram as much shit from the books in as we can!"

No. It premiered higher than ever, then went down for the first five episodes or so. Around episode 7 it started climbing back up to being just as high as ever. It will likely overall finish at the same level as season four or slightly higher. They are already ridiculously high anyways. And we are only going by first airing viewings. HBO actually knows how many people watch the replays and on HBO go and all that.

I'm pissed that Jon said 'Olly' instead of Ghost, but it might be out of place for the non-readers if he says Ghost. Otherwise, I'm happy that they ended it like this, by not spoiling any of the big book cliffhangers.

Worst thing was that 'TRAITOR' board. It was silly. They could just show everyone with daggers raised. At least they kept 'For the Watch' intact, I'm happy for that too.

I think Melisandre will revive Jon (although I hate that she does it), and they already shot this scene, which is why Carice said she got a big scene with Jon. It is also good to keep Kit secret in season 6, like he may spend most of the time bedridden and warging(if he does).

Best thing about the ep was Theon and Sansa jumping, just like in the books. It was stronger than in the books, because they have a stronger bond as two children of winterfell than Theon and Jeyne did.

The FM thing was crazy, but we will have Blind Beth! or whatever name they decide to give Arya. And the way she killed Meryn was very similar to the way she killed Tickler.

I never liked Daario, but liked him in this episode and the last. His exchanges with Tyrion were funny. I bet people are already writing fanfictions about Tyrion-Greyworm-Missandei love triangle, just hope that D&D don't do the same either.

The walk was as expected. Glad that Kevan did not die! We'll see more of him next season, yay!

ETA: Totally forgot about Stannis. That was silly, cruel thing to do to a character like Stannis. Although I was rooting for the Boltons for religous reasons, it was heartbreaking to see Stannis fail. But his situation at the beginning of Winds is not much better, so if there was a battle, it might end just like this. But I'm still hoping for him to win Winterfell in the books.

That had occurred to me about whether Kit has already filmed his parts for season 6. I know they don't normally film this early, but that would be a valid reason to do it out of the normal filming schedule.

Look at the writing on this show for the example he doesn't know how to write. And unless you can prove they changed his script, the wga doesn't say so, the BS. Plus any who can write wolverine does not know how to write

You apparently have not read 25th hour. He also wrote the screenplay for the Kite Runner, which was up for a BAFTA and other awards. Wolverine was pretty terrible though.

It is ADwD all over again, but you understand why. Lots of people love Jon and the not knowing part is scary. Even if the logical choice is Jon isn't dead forever.

My mum was really in a tizzy and to keep her from actually losing it, i told her im pretty sure hes not dead. And she was like "MELISANDRE CAME BACK! SHES GONNA SAVE HIM BY BRINGING HIM BACK WITH THAT FUNKY SHIT LIKE THAT ONE GUY!" So yeah.

But it is scary. Its the feeling i had when i read it. That feeling of "OH FUCK YOU, MARTIN!"

Who's hate watching next season?? Lol the nerve of you people, I don't waste time on people that I hate or dislike, let alone watch a show. That's the dumbest petty shit I've ever heard.

I agree with this. I cannot understand anyone taking joy out of subjecting themselves to something they hate so much. I didnt hate-watch despite me being displeased with a lot this season. Im not gonna hate-watch next season. I dont subject myself and waste energy on things that i loathe so much.

Could the 47 men of the Night's Watch have been anymore stupid? If you're going to betray Jon, why do it AFTER they let in 5,000 Wildlings. I'd love to see how those 47 jackasses (maybe not Edd) plan to deal with the Wildlings now, who also have a FREAKIN GIANT with them!

Jon brought them in! lol. If you were them, why the hell would you trust Jon Snow if your reasoning was he just fucked you over for bringing the Wildlings back.