[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Maybe Beniof just misspoke. Maybe he was confusing one scene with another. Are we really getting uptight about this?

Inside the Episode is something that HBO does, it's not a live interview, so how did he 'misspeak'? Yeah, he's confused about his own show, and he remembers something he didn't write in an episode that he is credited with writing, which he uses as justification for something he does with the charcter, even though it never happened, in his show or the books.

Because He Is A Hack.

But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

Yes, because he is not allowed to say otherwise.

I personally don't believe this is the end of THIS Jon Snow.

I do, however, hope that those men in The Watch who just killed their Lord Commander are killed and that it burns. :)

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know theyre being whacked]. And they said, Look, youre gone, its done. And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I dont know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. Its going to put questions into your head and into fans heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, This is how it is. If anything in the future is not like that, then I dont know about it its only in David and Dan and Georges heads. But Ive been told Im dead. Im dead. Im not coming back next season. So thats all I can tell you, really.

They wouldn't be lying....because. Jon Snow (as we have known him) is dead. I believe he will be resurrected as Azor Ahai ( or TPTWP). The unknown is whether Kit will be playing him or not. New actor for the part?

Edited by TheFirstofHerName

Inside the Episode is something that HBO does, it's not a live interview, so how did he 'misspeak'? Yeah, he's confused about his own show, and he remembers something he didn't write in an episode that he is credited with writing, which he uses as justification for something he does with the charcter, even though it never happened, in his show or the books.

Because He Is A Hack.

He's also talking about one scene in his show from like 4 years ago. While other people do get burned.

Because He Is A Hack.

Oh, fine. Fuck, whatever.

He's a hack because after producing fifty episodes of an incredibly complex, multi-threaded story, in one interview he describes an event that happened in season 4 but confused it in an utterly trivial way with a similar event in season 2 and no one caught the flub before it aired.

We, as fans of ASOIF should immediately start an online petition to compell Beniof to retract or correct that statement or HBO should fire him from the show immediately. At the very least, they should issue a sincere apology.

Or, I can just go get a beer. That would be nice too.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

He could be lying. He lied about the scene with Ygritte in season 3 premiere, saying 'Jon would never break his vows'. I mean, this is the big cliffhanger of the books and the the big shocker for season 6 - why would he tell EW now if he is not really dead?

Yep, I sincerely believe he's lying.

The thing is now though: I'm 100% certain that The Red Priestess will resurrect him. I knew it when I read it in the books, and I'm even more certain now that I've seen the episode. Why else would she be there? There's been theories for years that she'd resurrect him. Now she comes straight back and arrives just before he's killed.

I don't believe for a moment that he's gone.

I haven't read the books all the way through, but as far the show goes, I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck Melisandre will ressurect Jon in the same fashion as the Brothers Without Banners dude. The newly ressurected Jon will not be bound by the NIght's Watch vow (unless he chooses to uphold it). And the Watch members that did Cesaer poor Jon will have an "oh crap oh crap he was right" moment when the battle with the Whitewalkers hits Castle Black.

Those complaining that you will not be back next season.. why? Ask yourself why you came to see it in the first place. This is an adaptation of the books. GRRM kills loved and non-loved characters alike. Often without reason.

I come here for the books and read this series way before the show ever came out. BTW Martin doesn't kill characters for no reason. This is often a misinterpretation of what Martin does. To kill a character off without reason would be bad writing. Martin kills a character off to advance the story.

He's also talking about one scene in his show from like 4 years ago. While other people do get burned.

Yeah, and this is exactly why the show is sloppy and has glaring errors and continuinity issues, and I am not even counting the generally unbelievable stuff they do like half an army deserting in the middle of the night and nobody waking up or fires all going up at exactly the same time in the middle ages.

Oh, fine. Fuck, whatever.

He's a hack because after producing fifty episodes of an incredibly complex, multi-threaded story, in one interview he describes an event that happened in season 4 but confused it in and utterly trivial way with a similar event in season 2 and no one caught the flub before it aired.

We, as fans of ASOIF should immediately start an online petition to compell Beniof to retract or correct that statement or HBO should fire him from the show immediately. At the very least, they should issue a sincere apology.

Or, I can just go get a beer. That would be nice too.

Can you get me one, too.

I'll owe you ;-D