[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

Vikings does it too and its still fine tbh.

Ok get the fuck off my lawn right now. Vikings may not have quite the budget as GoT, but it is not bad television or production. You obviously have no idea wtf you are even talking about.

I agree with Vikings. I enjoy that show much more then anything that GoT presents. Every finale has lived up to the hype and if people want to criticize the action sequences, let me remind you of the Barristan and Dorne fight scenes.

The only thing I was riveted about this season was Hardhome. I literally jumped out of my seat when Jon killed the WW.

Jon is coming back from the dead in the books, not only is there tremendous textual foreshadowing but also confirmation outside the text (GRRM's leaked story outline, SSM about his parentage, interviews, etc).

The show clearly telegraphs Jon's resurrection as well. Kit Harrrington is either trolling us or he's really not in Season 6 (plausible, if Jon is warged into Ghost).

You're in the extreme minority. Yelling at the sky, telling it it isn't actually blue!

Show isn't campy (Dorne and Qarth, maybe). That was a powerful, emotional episode, that was dark dark dark, and really brave television. You have no idea how awful this show could be if it weren't for D&D and HBO.

Hell, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't get a conclusion.

I'll take that as a "no, I can't tell that this show is a piece of crap with terrible writing and massive plot holes in every episode." Duly noted.

I don't think he's dead in the books either. But show!Jon is clearly dead. Kit Harrington wouldn't lie about something like that to EW.

Kit Harrington also wouldn't most likely ruin his cliffhanger finale that JUST AIRED for an interview with EW. They aren't that important.

I don't think he's dead in the books either. But show!Jon is clearly dead. Kit Harrington wouldn't lie about something like that to EW.

That doesn't compute. If Book Jon isn't dead, then he is going to play a big part in the end, as has been foreshadowed forever...then how can Show Jon be dead? I don't believe it. How would the wall story go forward? Is Brienne going to take over? LOL. Davos? It's absurd. And it would put a big dent in the show's popularity if Kit is off the show.

Split pea soup or whatever you call yourself, get the hell out of here. We get it, you work for HBO, but that doesn't give you the right to trash the books.

IT'S SPILT pea soup. SPILT. Get it? And you people are so *weird*. If someone doesn't agree with you, by far this extreme minority in fandom that hates the show with a passion, then you think they are HBO trolls or family members of D&D! I see it every, single, week. Seriously, what world do you live in? Do you find it that hard to comprehend that many many many more people like the show than hate it? That this view that it is "utter shit" that is terribly campy and the worst television ever isn't shared by hardly anyone? Seriously. This is just bizarro.

If you think the books and show are going to diverge on the ultimate fate of one of the most important characters in the series, then you're beyond hope. Not going to happen. He's either dead in the books and show, or going to be resurrected in both.

Also, Kit already lied in an interview regarding Ygritte. He's contractually bound to lie, so not a big deal.

As for being in the minority... looks like for the show rating, "1" is running neck and neck with "10." So no, not really. Many people found this episode to be really bad. If you read the comments, many who rated it 8 / 10 still had many complaints.

As for being in the minority... looks like for the show rating, "1" is running neck and neck with "10." So no, not really. Many people found this episode to be really bad. If you read the comments, many who rated it 8 / 10 still had many complaints.

Hello, WESTEROS.ORG is a .000000001% of viewership. This poll is meaningless. The show Game of Thrones, and specifically Season 5, has broken all records for viewership in the history of cable television. It is immensely popular. Popular beyond the wildest dreams of televisions hows, reaching an elevated cultural status where it's catch phrases and characters are becoming parlance in pop culture.

But you think everyone agrees that it's utter shit and awful.

You're insane. Pop your head out of the basement once in a while, why don't you.

Speaking of ROME.....why did it get cancelled? I watched the series last year ( in preparation for a trip to Italy) and was disappointed the series didn't continue.

Low ratings and too expensive to produce. The original plan was for something like 5 seasons that would ultimately take us to Palestine and feature the beginning of Christianity. They found out late that they had to wrap things up so they compressed the last half of season 2 and finished with the ascension of Augustus.

I'm bailing on this thread... The constant D&D bashing is getting annoying.

Argue what you want on its merits, but the euphemisms are just uncalled for.

Here here!!!

People need to get over themselves. Nobody is perfect but this is actually a pretty competent adaptation of some incredibly unruly source material. They may have made decisions that are different than what you or I would have made. But they are highly paid and qualified professionals. We are a bunch of dipshits with laptops. The two biggest decisions that have pissed people off (Shireen and Sanssa) have had substantial repercussions. The adaptation is done well.

It's not 'really bad'. it's like junk food or an amusement park ride, it's enjoyable 'in the moment' but that's all there is to it. If you watch it for 'stuff happens' that is generally well acted then it's great, if you spend more than 3 minutes thinking about any of that "stuff" in the show it all falls apart, scenes do not connect, people's actions do make sense or are flat out impossible.

Hello, WESTEROS.ORG is a .000000001% of viewership. This poll is meaningless. The show Game of Thrones, and specifically Season 5, has broken all records for viewership in the history of cable television. It is immensely popular. Popular beyond the wildest dreams of televisions hows, reaching an elevated cultural status where it's catch phrases and characters are becoming parlance in pop culture.

But you think everyone agrees that it's utter shit and awful.

You're insane. Pop your head out of the basement once in a while, why don't you.

:ack: :ack: :ack: Lots of things that are popular are terrible. If that's your criteria for good art, I call that strange. Enjoy your Backstreet Boys albums or whatever the modern version of such drek happens to be. Hey, it's popular! They sold millions of albums, so it's good, right?! If you don't like it, you're insane!