[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it a nine because of how pissed people are! I thought it was a good way to end a television season. Just watch the ratings for E1/S6!

I NEVER compare the show to the books they are based on because I'll just end up bitter. My book reading self thought this season was ridiculous in too many moments, and I won't be rewatching, but my sensible self says the moments that worked, worked well. This was an interesting episode. Especially Jon.

Got surprised of all Stannis scenes. I was never fond of the character so I'm glad Brienne got her revenge at last.

Arya's scenes were perfect! Trants murder was so bloody and her being blind in the end was so epic. It was cool as well Jaqen's death...

Dorne. Finally something interesting, wasn't expecting that to happen to Myrcella and even less after "accepting" Jaime as her father.

Loved the WoS.

Best scene of this episode was the brief conversation between Varys and Tyrion.

FtW scene. Would have been better without Olly.

Overall a good episode

I thought it was pretty solid. For whatever reason they seemed to have moved up Stannis' death. I expect Shireen will burn and Stannis will be killed by Brienne in the books as well but at a later time.

FTW hit me hard.

Kinda disappointed will all the cliffhangers but I suppose that keeps it closer to the books.

I'd give it about a 6 or 7. I mean, from a non-comparision-with-the-books view, it wasn't that bad. The only thing I didn't like was how pointless so many of the plotlines felt. Especially Dorne.... no Trystane being Aegon? No... anything? Besides Myrcella dying? And I honestly felt cheated by Brienne's plot. But it is what it is.

The Arya and Cersei bites were pretty great imo. I know a lot of people worship Stannis, but the changes making his storyline a LOT more tragic were actually interesting to watch for me.

Still, besides Hardhome, this season was pretty weak, but not horrible.

I gave it a 9 bc it kept me at the edge of my seat the whole time with the exception of the walk of shame that felt like it dragged a bit. I bet the Stannis fans are livid now they know he lost the battle for winterfell. I didn't like the dothraki scene it felt like they did everything they could to leave us with the impression Dany will be captured. The main reason i gave it a 9 was for the Arya killing trant scene and everything in that hall of faces scene and the gut feeling the episode left me with that the winds of winter will come out this year.

6/10

I liked the Stannis bits very much. ftw worked for me. Arya's killing Trant was cathartic. Dorne still failed to make sense, but it made slightly more sense than last week; vengeful Ellaria is at least consistent. Cersei's walk was good.

As with every episode but Hardhome, there was a problem with disconnected plots. In seasons 1-3, when they jumped between Tywin/KL/Robb/Stannis/Bolton, etc., there was the connection--war of the five kings, with Meereen and the Wall as extraneous bits There is none, here, so that when they went from the North to Dorne, it was like jumping from one show to another; there's no connection. Same with the story in the North, and KL. There's no connection via Robb/Stannis/Tywin/Tyrion. I can't blame them for this, as this is the nature of the novels they're based on.

I'm glad they left the Pink Letter, winter's raven, etc., out, as they had no time to spare as it is. Here's to hoping they return to form, and that they are based on a work that returns to form, too.