[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

For the Watch: Glad they ended on this. Jon is one of my favorite characters and this scene was just as devastating to me as it was in ADwD. Still not convinced he’s dead (even based off his EW interview stating he’s not coming back).

Dany vs. Dothraki: The vibes I got from this scene were different from how I pictured it, but I still liked it. I’m really intrigued to see where this story goes in both the novels and on screen.

Dorne: A disaster from start to finish. I don’t know how they can save this storyline. This was my biggest dissapointment to me all season because I just loved the addition of Dorne in the books. The

Jamie/Myrcella conversation was unnecessary and just tried to give NCW more screentime.

Walk of Shame: Well done. Lena has been killer this season. Scene depicted, for the most part, how I envisioned it. Still wondering where Marg/Loras disappeared to. They have not been seen/mentioned at all in the past few episodes.

Battle of Winterfell: Unsure of how I feel about this. Unsure if Stannis is dead. Unsure if I care enough that Brienne killed him (if he is dead).

Theon/Sansa: Glad it played out this way but really wanted it to feel bigger. They need to give Sansa her due, whether or not its related to the Jeyne Poole storyline.

Arya: Buh-bye Meryn Trant. A good scene overall.

Meereen: I’m intrigued with how they’re setting this up, delegating Barristan’s duty to Tyrion/Greyworm/Missandei. Scene felt a bit forced—like they needed to do something with the characters post Dany flying out on them. Unsure how I feel about Varys being there.

I gave this episode, as well as the season overall, a 7. I liked the season and was entertained, but some moments were a bit too rushed to be believable.

Stretching credibility in this episode, for example, was:

1. This kiss of Dorne. Did anyone not know it was poison when the kiss lasted so long? Glad Jamie and Myrcella had a nice goodbye. It's a shame, cuz show Myrcella was looking to be a strong character.

2. The a horde of Dotharaki show up out of nowhere, even though Dany was on a hill and could have spotted them from miles away.

3. Mereen and co. chatting away even though the city is supposed to be undergoing a civil war.

4. Briene's job seemed a little too easy, though I'll bet Stannis isn't dead. His magical sword saved him or something. He and Cercei will be the last ones standing, completely psychologically destroyed, with nothing left in the world that matters.

Highlights:

1. Arya kills Meryn what's his name.

2. Cercei's walk of shame - great acting - I actually felt sorry for Cercei.

3. Jon's death. Good thing Meli showed up. I think she'll blame Stannis' failure on Selyse. I'm also glad the show hasn't used the resurrection trope too much. Otherwise it would become cliché, and we don't want Jon's resurrection to be cliché.

Overall, I think the show works best when viewers are surprised and don't know what to expect. For this reason, I think I'll forgo reading WoW if it comes out before season 6. One thing the show has over GRRM is that it gets to the point.

I'll be so furious if it never comes out.

Why do ppl keep saying that tho? It's makin me nervous!

Maybe because it's taking this man 15 years to finish 3 books with the incentive of trying to finish things up before the show spoils it. How fast is he going to write once he knows that everybody basically knows how his series ends?

8/10, though in some areas it felt a little rushed and disjointed, like D&D were pressed to wrap up so much in an hour and they didn't know if they could cover it all. The walk was what I expected; oddly, I felt sad for Cersei in the book, but seeing it onscreen - meh. I swear Jon Snow's eyes were as red as Ghost's. Have to watch again to be sure. An interesting, controversial, but somewhat low-key season. I can only hope season 6 is better AND that the book vs. show arguments will die down - cause heaven forbid they go away forever. At least show watchers and book readers will all start from the same spot next season - with no fucking clue what to expect.

Oh please. There's no way the battle for Winterfell goes down like that. Same with the burning of Shireen, a scene that was totally unearned by D&D. They jumped all over the opportunity for shock value.

I suppose in today's society people would rather see a poorly executed yet speedy resolution than a good one with some actually effort and thought behind it.

That was all pure fanfic. Horrendously written fanfiction. Don't even get me started on Brienne ABANDONING her post at the PRECISE moment she's needed to seek vengeance for a lousy poser king who was trying to steal Stannis' birthright. Lousy writing through and through

Nice dodge and hyperbole but it still doesn't cover that you bashed the show for having too many cliffhangers when the book had more.

A 7.

Big season finale for the unsullied, but it was kinda meh overall.

Again, I liked the Dorne stuff, weirdly... Myrcella is building up as an interesting character for next season, so fine.

WoS, Battle o Winterell, Arya's scenes, Dany's encounter with the Dothrakis, even Jon's stabbing, were all ok, but not stunning. I think I expected more, but I have to admit there wasn't much thrill in this episode.

This chapter was in accord the whole season: had its moments, but it was not the best HBO can manage.

Nice dodge and hyperbole but it still doesn't cover that you bashed the show for having too many cliffhangers when the book had more.

Book apologists gonna apologize for the books and criticize the show for doing the same thing, then if the show does something different they are going to scream bloody murder about D&D writing "fan fiction", then if D&D say it happens in the books they are going to throw a tantrum about it getting spoiled for them and jump through hoops to justify it.

Some people just want a reason to complain.

A 7.

Big season finale for the unsullied, but it was kinda meh overall.

Again, I liked the Dorne stuff, weirdly... Myrcella is building up as an interesting character for next season, so fine.

WoS, Battle o Winterell, Arya's scenes, Dany's encounter with the Dothrakis, even Jon's stabbing, were all ok, but not stunning. I think I expected more, but I have to admit there wasn't much thrill in this episode.

This chapter was in accord the whole season: had its moments, but it was not the best HBO can manage.

You have not been paying attention have you ?

Mixed bag

Cersei's walk was well done

Arya's part was fine

Sam's part was fine

Sansa / Theon was a joke, jumping a 50 foot wall oki doke

They made a complete balls up of Jon's FTW, everything about it was shite from Kit's acting to Oly having his telegraphed moment

Dorne had a suitably terrible end to what's been a farce of a story arc. I burst out laughing when Myrcella keeled over and died, literally every time someone gets hugged on this show they're dead meat

Stannis i'm not too bothered about, though it annoyed me immensely how neither he nor anyone else tried to get his army into any semblance of a formation once he saw the Bolton army on the horizon

Brienne staring at a tower and Oh Em Gee she didn't see the candle. Ugh, dreadful

Dany's part was underwhelming and rather pointless.

Tyrion / Jorah was crap again, send a whole two people to look for your airborne leader?

Actually the more I think about this episode the worse it seems. I'll give it a 5 though it seems far too generous

Gave it a solid five. What the episode did, it did pretty well. I liked the Arya stuff to include the Scooby-Doo moment, I enjoyed the walk, I liked the Sam and Jon exchange, I thought the Dorne stuff was passable, Hell I even enjoyed the Sansa stuff in this episode. What it did bad...well the butchery is too abhorrent for words to correctly convey.

Brienne killing Stannis. Maybe this happens in the books. Maybe George RR Martin is going to channel his inner Stephenie Meyer in the later books. But that is what we get for the battle of ice? Screw that, docking major points. If I find out that she kept Stannis alive to trade him to the Boltons for Sansa then maybe that will redeem the story.

The Breakfast Club scene with Dany's posse was...I don't know if I would use the word unnecessary but more than half of it was pointless filler. Tyrion will rule Meereen with the help of two eunuchs (one is fat and one is still pretty badly injured) and that girl from Furious 7 while Daario and Jorah go somewhere to find Daenerys. Sounds like good television. Not.

Daenerys met Dothraki in this episode like what happened at the end of ADWD. Alright, I'll buy it. Good to see D&D setting up some rape for next season. Docking some major points for making it out of the pit with a clean dress and then somehow getting it dirty on the back of a dragon. Also, was there some significance to that ring? Maybe I need to re-watch some episodes but I don't remember any significance.

For the watch. How dare that damn Lord Commander of the Night's Watch do something so stupid as to let hundreds of thousands of living people come south of the wall. The smart decision would be leave them all beyond the wall to become part of the army of the dead. What? You don't believe in the army of the dead? Nobody in the whole world or even the brotherhood of the Night's Watch even believes in the White Walkers nor has anyone besides Jon Snow even seen one. Nobody. Not one single, solitary soul. If only a member of the Night's Watch besides Jon had ever seen one and could understand the threat and relay that to the Night's Watch in a comedic manner. If only such a character existed.

So now Alliser Thorne I would presume would become Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and in keeping with the vows he will take absolutely no part in the affairs south of the wall. He will absolutely not violate his oath in a much more major way that Jon Snow ever could dream of and take brothers to go kill wildlings south of the wall, or ask any of the lords of Westeros to do so. That would make him just as prone for a comedically long and drawn out stabbing sequence. It's a good thing he's not the kind of guy to do that. Or maybe the Night's Watch can't go more than a year or so without a mutiny. Who the fuck knows at this point?

Edited by YoungGriff89