[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5 out of 10 - it wasn't as good as Hardhome or as bad as some of the previous episodes this season.

The walk of Shame. Too bad it wasn't a few miles longer, Cersei might have actually learned something then.

Sam and Gilly heading to Oldtown, although I would have sent them as soon as Aemon died.

The reemergence of Theon Greyjoy. So glad that we got to see his redemption this season.

Ser Davos' expression when the Red Woman rode into Castle Black. She must have a jetpack under that cloak.

Arya giving Meryn Trant the "DO you know who I am" treatment.

DISLIKES:

Ramsey defeating Stannis. Stannis deserved better this season.

The jump from the top of Winterfell. There did not seem to be enough snow to break their fall.

"For the Watch" felt rushed and without the justification the brothers felt in the book.

Dany pushing Drogon to fly her home. WTF Mom, he's just a baby dragon, wounded and tired. Give him a break!

Dorne. Everything in Dorne.

While this wasn't my favorite season or season finale, they tied up the currently open story lines nicely. I certainly hope we get more next year to even out their writing decisions this year.

Thought there were too many plot holes in this one.

1. How did Brienne find Stannis among the fighting?

2. How did Brienne remain safe while the fighting was going on?

3. Why did Brienne abandon Sansa to barge into a battle to find Stannis, which would have been extremely unlikely since Stannis was surrounded? Why not use the distraction to save Sansa? What happened to her oath?

4. How did that bitch deliver poison to Jaime's daughter? By kissing on the cheek? Please...

5. How did all those riders find Dany at that exact moment?

6. How did Tyrion and company escape the battle with all those harpies?

7. How did the witch travel so fast to Castle Black?

8. Where is the black guy that was the faceless man? Seems he's gone and now it's just Jaqen.

9. No one heard Meryn Trant's screams in the brothel and ran to rescue him?

10. Why did Trant not fight back?

11. Why didn't Lancel do the walk of shame?

12. Why did Cersei confess in the first place, what evidence is there?

13. Sansa and Theon are too high up to survive a fall.

14. How did Stannis not know that his men left, as they were leaving? How did he not know that he was being surrounded until it was too late?

15. Why did Sansa drop that tool she used to escape? It could have been useful again.

Also, the walk of shame lasted far too long...

Edited by AryaSansa

Confirmation that I am done with this show. The contrast between how they handled big moments two or three seasons ago compared to the way they handle them now... They've just completely lost touch with the story. Jon's death took on entirely the wrong tone, Dany's finale lost any sense of profoundness or that we'd come full circle, and Myrcella's death was just... why?

Cersei's attonement was uncomfortable to watch but reasonably well done, and Arya's arc was effective.

1. Just awful, especially Melisandre getting to the wall in minutes. Did she use Gandalf's horse or what? And also the Benjen troll.

Finally, Peru lost in the Copa America in a stupid way.

How do you know it was minutes?

Who knows how much time passed between the events in KL and that day at CB?

This is TV people, stop nit picking.

Melisandre flits from Stannis to Jon in minutes. Women and fire are both fickle and bad news travels fast, but...

Brienne stumbling across Stannis was just stupid. There are no other words.

Myrcella was hamhanded. Even unElaria isn't that box-of-hair stupid.

The Arya/Meryn stuff was rough- in a way in which show Arya's often aren't but which book Arya's chapters always are.

Which leads to Sansa's leap. Again, as different from the book as we get, this feels close in spirit.

It's tough on a Stark in winter without the pack,

No complaints with Cersei's walk of shame. Shame shame shame (ring).

The Mereenese throne room was a bad joke without a punchline.

For the watch was good. If it's tough to be a Stark away fron your pack it's just as tough when your adopted pack turn on you.

Let's hope the time off gives D&D the clarity to not drop the ball so often next season.

Gave it a 9/10, I really enjoyed this episode. I mean, where was this pacing in almost the entire rest of the season? This is my second favorite episode of the seaosn, with Hardhome being the first.

I love the books and I enjoy the show as well, so I'm always curious to see how they both play out, like two different versions of the same story beiong told. Saying that, this season was my least favorite out of them all so far. I don't think it sucked, but it was my least fav.

Anyway:

After last week's episode with Stannis, I thought it was some justice to see half his troop desert him, his wife hang herself (maybe if you weren't so cruel to your daughter all her life, Selyse...), and the slap in the face from Mel as she just up and left. I mean seriously Mel, what a move that was. Do you think she did it because she realized she was wrong, or because she's scared that he won't win the battle anymore?

Side note, why do people say Ramsay is D&D's 'favorite'? With that thought process, I'd think most of the terrible and sadistic characters are GRRM's favorites, as they usually always outlive all the decent guys. If that's the case, what's the difference?

Liked Theon and Sansa making the jump. Hope they make it out okay; my grandparents thought those two killed themselves.

Had to admit, that little scene between Jamie and Myrcella was kind of sweet, in a somewhat twisted way. Thinking about it though, Myrcella said she's glad Jamie is her dad. She's probably comparing him and King Robert, and has probably always had a decent relationship with Jamie and none with her 'father'.

Liked Meeren's scenes and Dany's scenes. I enjoy Tyrion being there to 'rule' Meeren while Dany's away; him and Dany meeting are one of the best divergences from the books (I say divergence because it hasn't happened yet, even if everyone thinks it's going to anyway)

Loved Arya's scenes. She's a frickin' cold-blooded killer, that was epic to see. Justice for herself and for any little girls Trant harmed. Looks like the hound was wrong; Arya got to kill Trant with a tiny dagger, not even her Needle. Liked her cliffhanger ending of going blind; though why was she seeing Jaqen's face and her face on the dead body?

Cersei's scene was great. She really nailed it, I love Lena as Cersei. And Robert Strong, yeeeeesssss! Did anyone else noticed how creepy his eyes looked? His face is purple and his eyes are bloodshot.... reminds me of something...

Wall scenes were pretty good, I thought. Liked that Sam and Gilly still leave for Oldtown. Felt depressed to see Jon get stabbed, even though I knew it was coming. I've never been disappointed on a line being left out of the show that was in the books, but honestly, I wanted Jon to say "Ghost" so much. Why didn't he say it with his last breath?!

Changed my vote from a 7 to a 2.

I said before the only reason I gave it a 7 was because I wanted to show my respect for lena headey for the walk, turns out that was a body double, so minus 5 points.

Still have respect for the body double but I'm going to rate this episode for what it is, which is a two. Due to the character assassination of Stannis the Mannis and all the flaws and plot holes and the lack of interest it made me feel.

I can't separate the books from the show, I can't and even if I could this episode was still atrocious (except for the walk). Giving up on season 6, can't watch another season of fan fiction and something I just don't enjoy.

Edited by Nights King's Queen

9! Wasn't as intense as the last 15 minutes of "Hardhome" but when it ended I was like "Holy crap, that hour went by so fast!"

Some random thoughts:

-I'm glad they pretty much touched upon every character even if they left mostly everyone on cliffhangers.

-So many scenes were exactly how I pictured them in the book. Arya going blind, Jon getting stabbed, and my personal favorite: Cersei's penance. A lot of people are complaining about how long it was but I thought they nailed it. It's supposed to be long and uncomfortable and go on forever until you can't bear it anymore. (Although Lena's body-double wasn't very convincing for me.)

-I thought Jaime's moment with Myrcella was incredibly cheesy but I'm glad they cut the sweet crap and offed Myrcella. Like most people I thought Dorne was the weakest part of this season but I'm interested in seeing the fallout from Myrcella's death in Season 6.

I love the books and I love the show. I think D&D have an incredibly difficult task on their hands adapting the series and I genuinely feel like they are trying to do their best. They know what is going to happen and we don't, so it's easy for people to say they should have done this and that when we really have no clue what they needed to do to get to where they're going. Adding something means they have to take away something else, because that's simply the limitations of the format; obviously a lot of people's favorite characters and storylines (mine included) aren't going to make it to screen. It is what it is, and I'm just thankful that the books didn't get adapted the way the Harry Potter books were adapted (don't get me wrong, I love the Harry Potter movies, but they had to cut SOOOOO much out to stuff it into the movies). The books are a different beast entirely from the show, and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I might be the only one who feels this way but I thought this season was one of the best. Certainly better (IMO) than the Qarth storyline in Season 2 (WHERE R MAH DRAGONS???).

Thought there were too many plot holes in this one.

1. How did Brienne find Stannis among the fighting?

2. How did Brienne remain safe while the fighting was going on?

3. Why did Brienne abandon Sansa to barge into a battle to find Stannis, which would have been extremely unlikely since Stannis was surrounded? Why not use the distraction to save Sansa? What happened to her oath?

4. How did that bitch deliver poison to Jaime's daughter? By kissing on the cheek? Please...

5. How did all those riders find Dany at that exact moment?

6. How did Tyrion and company escape the battle with all those harpies?

7. How did the witch travel so fast to Castle Black?

8. Where is the black guy that was the faceless man? Seems he's gone and now it's just Jaqen.

9. No one heard Meryn Trant's screams in the brothel and ran to rescue him?

10. Why did Trant not fight back?

11. Why didn't Lancel do the walk of shame?

12. Why did Cersei confess in the first place, what evidence is there?

13. Sansa and Theon are too high up to survive a fall.

14. How did Stannis not know that his men left, as they were leaving? How did he not know that he was being surrounded until it was too late?

15. Why did Sansa drop that tool she used to escape? It could have been useful again.

Also, the walk of shame lasted far too long...

Almost none of those are plotholes.

The first 3, Brienne made an oath to kill Stannis and she left Sansa because after week/months Sansa didn't take her advice and she had the opportunity to get Stannis. Brienne wasn't part of the battle, she came in after it was basically done, and we don't know how much time passed while she looked for Stannis.

Yeah it was obviously the lipstick that killed Myrcella. They made a point to show a long kiss and Ellaria's nose bleeding while she wiped the lipstick off.

The Dothraki probably found her the same way they did in the books

It was shown that all the Harpies ran out before episode 9 ended.

All the faces of the faceless men are just fake identities. It doesn't matter which face they use, that's the point, they aren't who they say they are and they are never revealing their true identity.

Trant screamed a little bit and then had a cloth shoved in his mouth in a private room. Also it's a brothel, pretty sure they are used to people screaming a bit there. As to why he didn't fight back? He got stabbed in the fucking face.

Lancel didn't take the walk for the same reason he didn't in the books. Cersie confessed for the same reason. It was the only way to get away from the Sparrows. The evidence is her word against Lancel's and it's already established that the Faith has a low standard of proof.

People can survive falls that far assuming they land on something that can break their fall. Bran survived a fall like that and he was less durable than a fully grown Theon and Sansa.

Stannis didn't get surrounded. The Bolton's were just ready to fight right outside Winterfell, and Stannis was so outnumbered that his entire army got engulfed by the Boltons. The entire Bolton force was all straight in front of him.

If Sansa dropped the tool then it probably wasn't going to be useful.

The only one of those close to being a plothole was Mel getting to the Wall so fast. Then again, we don't know how much time passed between her leaving and arriving.

None of those are plotholes though. Not even close.

An 8!

Dorn is still an unholy mess, typified by the stupidest line ever uttered on TV anywhere: "You want a proper girl

but you need bad pussy". Crrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiingggggggge.

Everything else was pretty good.

6/10

Not the worst episode, but kinda weak.

They pretty much confirmed they fucking with Stannis storyline though, he either die in the battle and has nothing to do with Shireen's death in the books, or he wins, survive and reunites with her to do the sacrifice. Whatever the case, no true man can say D&D didn't fuck up the character after this season.