[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

You have not been paying attention have you ?

Yes I have. I do not predict the future, though, and what will HBO do with all the plots is merely a guess.

I have reasons to believe that myrcella is living through the next season, just as Jon and Stannis are too, despite the cliffhangers.

Whether HBO discards all the material or uses all the time building myrcella's character to move the plot at kl is beyond me right now, tbh, but that's my opinion.

Thought there were too many plot holes in this one.

1. How did Brienne find Stannis among the fighting?

2. How did Brienne remain safe while the fighting was going on?

3. Why did Brienne abandon Sansa to barge into a battle to find Stannis, which would have been extremely unlikely since Stannis was surrounded? Why not use the distraction to save Sansa? What happened to her oath?

4. How did that bitch deliver poison to Jaime's daughter? By kissing on the cheek? Please...

5. How did all those riders find Dany at that exact moment?

6. How did Tyrion and company escape the battle with all those harpies?

7. How did the witch travel so fast to Castle Black?

8. Where is the black guy that was the faceless man? Seems he's gone and now it's just Jaqen.

9. No one heard Meryn Trant's screams in the brothel and ran to rescue him?

10. Why did Trant not fight back?

11. Why didn't Lancel do the walk of shame?

12. Why did Cersei confess in the first place, what evidence is there?

13. Sansa and Theon are too high up to survive a fall.

14. How did Stannis not know that his men left, as they were leaving? How did he not know that he was being surrounded until it was too late?

15. Why did Sansa drop that tool she used to escape? It could have been useful again.

Also, the walk of shame lasted far too long...

1. 1/2 of his soldiers carry his banner and he was @ the front of his host

2. there were a lot of woods around

3. it's possible that she spared Stannis. When his last words were "Go on now, do your duty", it might have reminded her of her #1 oath.

4. not all the action is shown on screen. some of it is implied. so I guess she drank something.

5. it's not that hard to track a woman on a flying dragon

6. most of them were killed by the time Dany flew off

7. wasn't Stannis's camp in the middle of Castle Black and Winterfell? It would take her as long to get there as it would take Stannis to get to Winterfell

the rest of your questions can be answered but I can't be arsed.

Thought there were too many plot holes in this one.

1. How did Brienne find Stannis among the fighting?

2. How did Brienne remain safe while the fighting was going on?

3. Why did Brienne abandon Sansa to barge into a battle to find Stannis, which would have been extremely unlikely since Stannis was surrounded? Why not use the distraction to save Sansa? What happened to her oath?

4. How did that bitch deliver poison to Jaime's daughter? By kissing on the cheek? Please...

5. How did all those riders find Dany at that exact moment?

6. How did Tyrion and company escape the battle with all those harpies?

7. How did the witch travel so fast to Castle Black?

8. Where is the black guy that was the faceless man? Seems he's gone and now it's just Jaqen.

9. No one heard Meryn Trant's screams in the brothel and ran to rescue him?

10. Why did Trant not fight back?

11. Why didn't Lancel do the walk of shame?

12. Why did Cersei confess in the first place, what evidence is there?

13. Sansa and Theon are too high up to survive a fall.

14. How did Stannis not know that his men left, as they were leaving? How did he not know that he was being surrounded until it was too late?

15. Why did Sansa drop that tool she used to escape? It could have been useful again.

Also, the walk of shame lasted far too long...

3. it's possible that she spared Stannis. When his last words were "Go on now, do your duty", it might have reminded her of her #1 oath.

4. not all the action is shown on screen. some of it is implied. so I guess she drank something.

7. wasn't Stannis's camp in the middle of Castle Black and Winterfell? It would take her as long to get there as it would take Stannis to get to Winterfell

Gave it a 4. Coming off a disappointing episode 9, I didn't think they could trainwreck this, given some of the material they had to work with...

What did I like ? I guess the Daenerys stuff, and I'm not a Danny fan. Cercei stuff was good, but not great.. Everything else : what in the holy-hell?!?

Kind of concur.. It's not like a honorable knightly thing to do, kill a wounded unarmed man sitting on his arse ..

Kind of concur.. It's not like a honorable knightly thing to do, kill a wounded unarmed man sitting on his arse ..

This episode was perfect. The walk of shame was perfect. Robert the Strong picking up Cersei like a feather was perfect. Ayra pulling off the face over and over again was perfect. Danny being overun by horses was perfect. Jon's death with his blood pouring over the snow was perfect.

Dorn was...well Dorn was Dorn...

Was Stanis getting done in by The Maid of Tarth totally Hollywood? Sure. But his last words were perfect. Was Reek suddenly finding the courage to fight for himself and Lady Deathstrike completly rushed? Sure. But the look on their faces before they jumped was perfect. Was The Master of Whispers popping up behind the Imp with a coy grin a bit campy? Sure. But the chemistry between the two was perfect.

Was y'alls reaction to the first completly (TV) show driven finale beyond predictable? Sure. Be the rest of us who can separate the novels from the books still think you're perfect in your own way!

Remember, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is just around the next bend! So hold on to that misplaced sense of elitism!

A lightsaber was never meant to have a hand guard, right? You bet your ass it wasn't! Now let us hear all about how it will make this next trilogy a complete mockery of the original text!

Edited by Died a Hero

I enjoyed it, biggest problem was that it felt like way too many scenes mashed into way too little time... actually had problems remembering everything that happened as I watched ;O

With the popularity of the show there is no reason for this not to be 12 or 14 episodes long... HBO really its a mess trying to make this even understandable with the time limit of 10 episodes. There is no excuse for it not having a longer season with the mainstream following this show garners.

I KNOW RIGHT? They murdered Jacen in all sorts of ways! Then MARA :( That was awful. D and D might be bad but they can never be that bad. Don't get me started on the mandalorian arc either.

You know, this honestly puts things in perspective for me. I couldn't understand how ASoIaF readers could feel "betrayed" by the show, but betrayed was exactly how I felt about LotF after reading Star Wars for 20 years. So, while I still like Game of Thrones (to each their own), I now have a lot more sympathy for readers. Thanks for that!

With the popularity of the show there is no reason for this not to be 12 or 14 episodes long... HBO really its a mess trying to make this even understandable with the time limit of 10 episodes. There is no excuse for it not having a longer season with the mainstream following this show garners.

With 10 episodes it's already one of the most expensive shows on television. That's a pretty good excuse not to increase it 20%-40%

Apologist sighting!

He was surrounded by Boltons, and somehow Brienne evaded all the Boltons and found Stannis. I'm sure his banner men weren't holding their banners during the battle.

I'm sure there are never any plot holes in your world.

8 out of 10. I could easily rank it much much lower due to Dorne, but I'm choosing to relax on it, and hope Season 6 can right the wrongs on it in someway. In many ways it was better and more true to the books than I was expecting, and lacking in spoilers, which I was VERY worried about.

One surprise that I didn't like of course Varys showing up at the pyramid. I was really hoping /excited to maybe see the show attempt to do the ADWD epilogue, and square it with how they wrote Varys back in 501, but alas we got something very far from that. HOWEVER, it's more than possible that scene could play out in Season 6. Especially if season 6 gives us aka Young Griff or some other suitable stand in. Speaking of which...

WTF Dorne!!!! Was the whole point of this "nothing to due with the books and not even remotely worthy storyline" just done some Myrcella could bite it in Jamie (of all people!)'s arms.?To avoid the Riverlands? To keep Dorne in the story, while they bided their time in order to hold out on the real story for Season? All three?! This was the biggest surprise, and the least welcome one by far. What the bloody hell are they doing with Prince Doran? Id complain about the cliffhanger to, but they did that with every other story, so you know. Side Note: Stannis dying (or not???) really doesn't matter after last week.

I really was surprised, though ultimately pleasantly so, that the show left the cliffhangers for Dany and Jon faithful and fully intact. I was pretty convinced, given the anti-cliffhanger chapter turning tone of all the past finales would carry over enough, that they would include beats afterwords that suggested more certain or less speculative outcomes beyond ADWD, i.e. spoilers, but we were spared that. That said, GET OUT BOOK 6 BEFORE APRIL 2016 GEORGE!!!

On the major plus side, the Arya scenes in this episode were amazing, and totally surprised me with the way they were done. I think it was a great choice to not setup Arya getting the face, and just jumping right into her murdering Trant. And the execution, so awesome (though it was proceeded by more excessive GoT cruelty). I really loved how it ended with the Blind Little Girl cliffhanger from Feast, totally unexpected!! All this leads me to believe that the Mercy chapter (and the story in between in Braavos) has yet to be fully adapted by the show, and will be in Season 6. There was casting rumors of "head of acting company" or something along those lines, plus Arya didn't use Needle on Trant, and Mercy's story looked to continue beyond the preview chapter in The Winds of Winter. In any case, Im excited for my favorite character in book & show.

Gave it a 9/10, I really enjoyed this episode. I mean, where was this pacing in almost the entire rest of the season? This is my second favorite episode of the seaosn, with Hardhome being the first.

I love the books and I enjoy the show as well, so I'm always curious to see how they both play out, like two different versions of the same story beiong told. Saying that, this season was my least favorite out of them all so far. I don't think it sucked, but it was my least fav.

Anyway:

After last week's episode with Stannis, I thought it was some justice to see half his troop desert him, his wife hang herself (maybe if you weren't so cruel to your daughter all her life, Selyse...), and the slap in the face from Mel as she just up and left. I mean seriously Mel, what a move that was. Do you think she did it because she realized she was wrong, or because she's scared that he won't win the battle anymore?

Side note, why do people say Ramsay is D&D's 'favorite'? With that thought process, I'd think most of the terrible and sadistic characters are GRRM's favorites, as they usually always outlive all the decent guys. If that's the case, what's the difference?

Liked Theon and Sansa making the jump. Hope they make it out okay; my grandparents thought those two killed themselves.

Had to admit, that little scene between Jamie and Myrcella was kind of sweet, in a somewhat twisted way. Thinking about it though, Myrcella said she's glad Jamie is her dad. She's probably comparing him and King Robert, and has probably always had a decent relationship with Jamie and none with her 'father'.

Liked Meeren's scenes and Dany's scenes. I enjoy Tyrion being there to 'rule' Meeren while Dany's away; him and Dany meeting are one of the best divergences from the books (I say divergence because it hasn't happened yet, even if everyone thinks it's going to anyway)

Loved Arya's scenes. She's a frickin' cold-blooded killer, that was epic to see. Justice for herself and for any little girls Trant harmed. Looks like the hound was wrong; Arya got to kill Trant with a tiny dagger, not even her Needle. Liked her cliffhanger ending of going blind; though why was she seeing Jaqen's face and her face on the dead body?

Cersei's scene was great. She really nailed it, I love Lena as Cersei. And Robert Strong, yeeeeesssss! Did anyone else noticed how creepy his eyes looked? His face is purple and his eyes are bloodshot.... reminds me of something...

Wall scenes were pretty good, I thought. Liked that Sam and Gilly still leave for Oldtown. Felt depressed to see Jon get stabbed, even though I knew it was coming. I've never been disappointed on a line being left out of the show that was in the books, but honestly, I wanted Jon to say "Ghost" so much. Why didn't he say it with his last breath?!

Because the direwolves are being left out loads all the time...Robb says Mother in the show when he really says Greywind...now Jon says Olly over Ghost ffs. The only thing I disliked about tonight.

D&D have talked about this in the past. They've pushed for longer seasons but with all the filming they have to shoot all over the world, there is simply no time to make more episodes in a season. As soon as they've wrapped one season, they immediately start on the next with zero downtime. (Sorry, I can't find the link to the article ATM but if I find it I'll post it.

10/10. It was extremely well done. Excellent acting, writing, and direction.

Lots of cliffhangers, and the LOWEST point in the show. Even worse than Red Wedding. So many endings with characters in peril, and nothing uplifting.

Seems like D&D are giving GRRM a chance to finish the book. Good season, good show. So stoked.