[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

LOL, this poll is so Rotten Tomatoes now! Everyone is giving either an 1 or 10... I say it's a 9. Second best this season behind Hardhome... And to the people complaining about the cliffhangers, come on... The show already solved the Stannis/Bolton battle. There are far, far more cliffhangers in AFFC/ADWD. I just hope now that Kit Harington is lying and Jon Snow will be brought back to us... Jon can't stay dead at this point of the story. If he is so, it would be pretty lame storytelling and I really think that it could lead to a potential loss of interest from people in both the books and show.

hehe - I haven't seen it but reading the comments and looking at the votes here has become as entertaining as the show :D

Some users have less posts than what there are episodes aired this season :D I wonder if people make duplicate accounts so they can comment and vote again, to make it feel like more people either love or hate as certain episode or even scene? It's kind of sad to think about that and a more nihilistic vision of humanity than GoTs presents. :(

So do it half ass??? No i say increase it 20% and watch the revenue jump with the increase..

Do you want to fork over millions of dollars for it? Cause the people that already bankroll this show are already offering an extremely generous budget. No other shows have anywhere close to this kind of production value.

7/10 Dornishwomen should marry the harpies. They aim for all out war. They are a sort of reverse Ned Stark who value their revenge/honor at any cost. The cliffhanger was good as it brought the show and books together by bringing Melisandre back. If GRRM doesn't produce his book by next season's opener I don't see how they can avoid spoiling plot lines.

I don't even understand how some posts here are made. "Hello, I HATED this episode" times 500 over every episodes. "I give it a 1! It was shit! See you next week!"

Pretty much every single of those just saying some really broad statements and the best explanations tends to be "well, I don't understand X, I will not accept any truth except Y, and the show didn't fully explain something so it sucks!"

The show is hardly perfect but jesus.

Can anyone point me at a mature Game of Thrones forum? This one is horrible.

The plot holes are just ridiculous. Ellaria kills Myrcella, knowing that her nephew was going with them. She basically handed the lannisters a hostage. And the way she waited to take the antidote for the dramatic effect.

Ramsey's gf taking a shot at Sansa. She said herself how important it was for Sansa to give Ramsey a son. Then she shoots the arrow?

What the heck were those Dothraki doing, swirling around Dany endlessly? D&D were so focused on a "shot", rather than good storytelling.

The Arya scene was rushed and needlessly violent. Why didn't meryn spit out the scarf? Why didn't he die faster. She stabbed him in the eyes and chest a bunch of times. The directors obviously wanted a spectacle.

Stannis' character was really pointless. He accomplished nothing. They build up his doing anything for the IT by burning his daughter and immediately he's killed off. Takes all the gravitas away from the burning. There were no consequences to Stannis' actions aside his killing Renly. Brienne moved on from her stannis hate in the books, but the show figures that viewers care enough about Renly that it was his murder that Stannis had to atone for? Seriously, do show watchers even remember who Renly was???

I really don't get what the viewers who gave this episode a 10 are watching.

I am upset that Jon Snow's wound wasn't smoking and his last word was Olly instead of Ghost. The only hint we got for a possible "resurrection" is that Melisandre is back at the wall.

Glad that Stannis got what he deserved as well as Meryn Trant. Also I was rooting for Theon to do something to Myranda and stood up and cheered when he toppled her off the wall, I hope Sansa and him survive their jump to freedom.

Cersei's WOS was well done and close to how I envisioned it from the book.

I'm still upset Ser Barristan was killed off and not sure about Tyrion and Varys taking control of Meereen.

Dorne was the big LOSER of the season.

Edited by TheFirstofHerName

I don't even understand how some posts here are made. "Hello, I HATED this episode" times 500 over every episodes. "I give it a 1! It was shit! See you next week!" Pretty much every single of those just saying some really broad statements and the best explanations tends to be "well, I don't understand X, I will not accept any truth except Y, and the show didn't fully explain something so it sucks!" The show is hardly perfect but jesus. Can anyone point me at a mature Game of Thrones forum? This one is horrible.

Reddit has a good forum. The Watchers on the Wall do too. There are others . . . .

This one has extremely comprehensive analysis, but it attracts this anti-show sentiment....for some reason. can't put my finger on it. lol.

Olly and Bad Pussy are my new nick names for D&D, I will always be grateful to them for that at least. They really really earned them too.

Let's see as soon as Ellaria kissed her I knew Myrcella was dead. So I want to be clear, all the crap in Dorne was all leading up to that last kiss goodbye. The entire arc is about killing Myrcella, the fight is so Bronn can get poisoned, then Bronn is placed in a cell next to Bad Pussy and her magical boobs which can be used to accelerate the poison. Then she is shown giving an antidote to Bronn, so we know how Ellaria won't die. Wow what a plot.

Didn't really care about Jaime and Myrcella, thought it was to cookie cutter.

Mel rides really really fast.

How the hell did Dany not notice like 2 thousand Dothraki? Not there and then the shot is full of them. Dear god that was one of the best chapters in Dance and they cut it for a very shot oh it's the Dothraki.

The walk seemed pretty good to me so can't really complain.

So Kit says

Jon Snow is dead, gasp! Well he isn't lying he even says Jon will be free to join his family now. Winterfell, Dany etc... Jon Targaryen is born. Good thing Mel happened to show up and that they made a point of her knowing the power of the last kiss, which she talked about a few seasons ago.

None of that bothers me, but Olly, I mean wtf? Worst last words ever. Also once again all of Jon's book choices were given to other characters because? I mean Sam made the choice to go to Old Town? Really? Just like Tormund demanded Jon go to Hardhome and that they use ships and he saves a bunch of people instead of the total disaster it was in the books. They pretty much had all the choices Jon made that causes the problems yet they were all given to other people in order to White Wash Jon so that he just gets stabbed for saving some Wildlings. This happens right after several members of the watch see a giant army of ice zombies led by super powered Ice Demons. Like even in the books Bowen got the Wildling choice, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Although on the show Jon appears to have just sent the Wildlings to the gift and does not want them to fight, I assume he did this because where the fuck are they? No mention of the plan to have them help defend the wall.

Mel and the last kiss has been totally telegraphed for awhile now, and the fire, and kill the boy "Olly", probably Shireen in the books or the little monster. I thought for the watch felt kinda flat, I felt tension when Olly came for Jon but after that it was musical knives, yep I got, Jon got stabbed, again, and again, and again, and again and etc... Like in the books it can kind of go either way on how bad Jon is hurt, but here, you just can't get up from that or poor a little dirt on it.

Sansa gosh the whole arc led up to such and empowering moment for Theon. Sansa' empowerment was lighting a candle while Ramsey was away and Theon saving her. Well I hope she does something next season, but she clearly is not going to Stannis. Now I want to address something D&D said about their justification for changing her arc and removing Jeyne. Basiclly they were offended that people were upset that Sansa was raped calling out fans, saying hey it is ok that it happened to Jeyne but not ok for Sansa. Actually fans never said that, it's a false argument. Now for me it would seem perfectly natural for fans to get upset over the rape of a character. Every fan I have ever spoken to hated Ramsey and felt a lot of pitty for Jeyne. Was the reaction to Sansa stronger than Jeyne. Yes of course it was, because that is actually perfectly natural. In literature you have sympathetic characters, unsympathetic characters, and background characters. Jeyne was a background character and naturally readers had less emotional investment in her than Sansa, who is a major POV they have followed for decades in some cases. So of course they are more attached to her. See they what I found odd was they tried to use Jeyne to justify the rape of Sansa. They don't seem to get there is no justification for it. Why are people not weeping for the death of a villiger done off screen during a war? Well we know it's bad and we know lots of people have died but again fans are not trying to justify that either. Nobody is running around saying anything Gregor did was ok. Just like nobody is saying what happened to Jeyne was ok, well D&D are in way, they use it for justification to rape Sansa. And as the season ends it really did not lead anywhere other than more Sansa abuse. Her character did not really progress, she ended this season being rescued by someone after countless abuses just like Dantos rescued her. They basiclly just did a Joff 2.0 arc to her. So I can't say this was a good arc at all. And Theons moment felt empty, we never even got reeks perspective on all this. So her arc really turned out to be about reek but we never got a reek perspective which in turn reduced the emotional impact. I don't really see anyone going wow that was amazing.

I can go on and on about the show, but I don't feel like bothering, much the way D&D don't want to bother writing fully formed plots.

Really the whole episode felt emotionally flat to me, I did laugh a few times, but I can't say it was in a good way. All that I can say is that the budget went up and the quality went down. The Benjen trolling was funny, the death of Myrcella also had little impact for me as we spent almost no time with her and neither did Jaime. As I have pointed out before this season was all about going from A to C and skipping most of B, if was often rushed and emotional moments were often short changed because the plots had been so heavily gutted to try and force these sort of hollow apexes to try and generate emotion, but with little context applied the emotional impact often fell short for me. Not always but multiple times I did feel sort of empty and let down. It was all show and no go for me for most of the season.

I give it a 4. I looks pretty but it lacks substance and flavor. At least for me.

There were both good and bad things.

Lets talk about the good first:

+ Dany and Drogon was funny, also it's good that they left "breadcrumbs" so that she can be followed by the noble rescuers :D

+ Meereen was ok, and would've been even better if they would've dealt with the aftermath of the Harpy attack properly

+ Meryn "no one" Trant

+ At least they didn't butcher the words in "For The Watch" like some here predicted, I just hope they would've given us a proper hint as to what is going to happen next

+ I liked the "traitor" sign, and wish they had spelled it like "TR8OR" XD

+ Stannis probably didn't die

+ Melisandre got to play it a bit different this time, being all hopeless

+ The end of the Walk of Shame was good with Cersei breaking down... And Pycelle omg XD

+ Sansa looks to have gotten away

+ Myrcella and Jaime scene was enjoyable

+ SER ROBERT STRONG!!

OK then the more negative things, and just like the positives, there are many:

- Pacing issues all around. Like really big. Most everything seemed rushed even more so than in any other episode this season.

- Stannis vs Boltons battle was awful. No strategy. No tactics. No brains. Stannis just march right on Winterfell with very few men without preparing at all? And then get slaughtered like pigs... It was just really dumb.

- Arya "face-sliding" was peculiar to say the least. So they know how to make copies of faces now? ... Ye-yeah... :ack:

- No WunWun in For The Watch, and no final straw as in Jon suggesting they assist Stannis. Also where the hell are all the Wildlings?

- Myrcella dead? Lame to bring in a new actress for like 2 scenes the entire season. That was very anticlimactic.

- Prior to the Walk of Shame Cersei confessed to some heavy stuff, I think the Faith could have put her to death just based on the confession.

- It was obvious that they had a double with Cersei's face plastered on in many of the scenes, it kind of killed the mood. But I understand why obviously. So not a big minus.

- Brienne, if she actually killed Stannis. I thought she would help Sansa this episode.

- No Benjen, got my hopes up from the preview :crying:

All in all it's anything from between 7-9 / 10. They really need GRRM to start giving more input on the show. D&D can't do the story justice on screen on their own. Still it was as good as one could expect with GRRM writing tWoW and not participating in the creation of the show, and so was the whole season. Good, but not as good as it could've been..

Edited by midi

Voted it a 10 to stop the nit-pickers but rated it a solid 8/10 overall but with some of the best, most emotionally charged scenes of the whole series so far. The walk of shame was incredible I thought. Nearly perfect. The shot of UnGregor carrying Cersei was awesome. I would really not want to be the High Sparrow next season. The other great scene was Arya killing Trant. Wow Maisie Williams has improved as an actress. For the watch wasn't as good as in the books but I can imagine it'll have a big reaction. He's not dead. Can't quite believe that Brienne slew an injured man in cold blood either. Feeling Stannis still might be alive. So another season over. Missing it already.

The plot holes are just ridiculous. Ellaria kills Myrcella, knowing that her nephew was going with them. She basically handed the lannisters a hostage. And the way she waited to take the antidote for the dramatic effect.

Ramsey's gf taking a shot at Sansa. She said herself how important it was for Sansa to give Ramsey a son. Then she shoots the arrow?

What the heck were those Dothraki doing, swirling around Dany endlessly? D&D were so focused on a "shot", rather than good storytelling.

The Arya scene was rushed and needlessly violent. Why didn't meryn spit out the scarf? Why didn't he die faster. She stabbed him in the eyes and chest a bunch of times. The directors obviously wanted a spectacle.

Stannis' character was really pointless. He accomplished nothing. They build up his doing anything for the IT by burning his daughter and immediately he's killed off. Takes all the gravitas away from the burning. There were no consequences to Stannis' actions aside his killing Renly. Brienne moved on from her stannis hate in the books, but the show figures that viewers care enough about Renly that it was his murder that Stannis had to atone for? Seriously, do show watchers even remember who Renly was???

I really don't get what the viewers who gave this episode a 10 are watching.

I am in total agreement with you, in fact can someone explain what Ser Davos story arc is now?

This is not the compression of a vast complicated story made for television, this is in fact mindless plot butchery.

I really liked this episode. I see there is a lot of hate for it and usually I am the first to criticize but I don't think this episode deserves it.

Season 4 was terrible it took my favorite part of the books and turned it into the worst TV.

This season took my least favorite part of the books and made it pretty entertaining. It was an up and down season and I was a little worried after the 9th episode but I think it ended very well.

A note on the general story lines during the season:

-The Wall: The choosing was terrible, everything else was excellent (aside from Jon and the wildlings showing up at the middle of the wall)

-Winterfell: They could have done more, just seemed like they had nothing else for Sansa to do. I liked the end a lot.

-Riverlands: Probably the best part of AFFC and it wasn't used at all. bad choice.

-Kings Landing: Cersei and the High Sparrow was all very good, missing the proper ending to ADWD though.

-Stannis: pretty good, I was moved by the final episode in each aspect.

-Arya: way worse than the books. I wasn't really invested in the story at all.

-Dany: The fighting pit was a huge let down. That was really the only point to that plot for the season and they blew it.

-Dorne: What can be said that hasn't been said already. Really bad acting and story. I kind of liked the ending but it could have been arrived at way better.

Over all it was my second favorite season. Way better than S4