[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The plot holes are just ridiculous. Ellaria kills Myrcella, knowing that her nephew was going with them. She basically handed the lannisters a hostage. And the way she waited to take the antidote for the dramatic effect.

Ramsey's gf taking a shot at Sansa. She said herself how important it was for Sansa to give Ramsey a son. Then she shoots the arrow?

What the heck were those Dothraki doing, swirling around Dany endlessly? D&D were so focused on a "shot", rather than good storytelling.

The Arya scene was rushed and needlessly violent. Why didn't meryn spit out the scarf? Why didn't he die faster. She stabbed him in the eyes and chest a bunch of times. The directors obviously wanted a spectacle.

Stannis' character was really pointless. He accomplished nothing. They build up his doing anything for the IT by burning his daughter and immediately he's killed off. Takes all the gravitas away from the burning. There were no consequences to Stannis' actions aside his killing Renly. Brienne moved on from her stannis hate in the books, but the show figures that viewers care enough about Renly that it was his murder that Stannis had to atone for? Seriously, do show watchers even remember who Renly was???

I really don't get what the viewers who gave this episode a 10 are watching.

Again, some of you need to learn what plot holes actually are.

Ellaria wanted to start a war between Dorne and the Lannisters without the consent of Doran. Do you think she gives a fuck about Trystane? If she was smart, she should hope Jamie kills him to incite a war.

Ramsay's gf literally explained in the fucking scene that she could hurt Sansa however she wanted as long as it didn't prevent her from bearing children. She wasn't going to kill her or hurt her anywhere vital. She said as much.

A tribe of Dothraki surrounding Dany is not a plot hole.

He was bleeding out and in too much pain to resist the scarf, he didn't die faster because... Read up on stabbings. Unless you hit a vital area it could be a hellish long death.

Yes show watchers probably remember Margeary's husband who made Brienne a member of his KG and died by the shadow monster that came out of Mel's vagina. He was kind of important. Anyways Stannis losing isn't a plot hole. It likely happened in the book already unless the Pink letter is a lie.

Once again, no plotholes. and I'lll turn that around on you. Viewers who gave this a 1 clearly don't watch much tv and their gripes have more to do with the books

5. Hollow and clumsy.

They've gotten to the point where they have to fill in the blanks instead of erasing away the edges, and it isn't working. Some entertaining moments, lots of intended fan service (Tyrion to rule, Varys appears, Jamie + Bron tag-team Dorne, Brienne revenge, Theon kills hated dog girl) but mostly hashed events that stutter along and are lucky to connect together at the end with any sense of payoff.

They've lost the magnitude of the events that happen in Martins world. When Jon Snow's murder is underwhelming...you've done something wrong. That scene needed to breathe, needed to be a slow trickle of realization that ends in a firecracker moment before fizzling away, leaving only the audience's shock to echo the impact. It was more like a post script. The big hammer fall was Olly, and instead of going "bang" it hit the screen with a thud. That very conspicuous thread being sewn all season got it's final stitch to the surprise of...who? I can only guess he was written to add weight to the scene but the horse doesn't weigh much when you've been beating it into the ground all season long.

I do not envy the showrunners at all, and kind of feel a bit bad for them. They submarined the Greyjoys, Gendry, Thoros, and Bran and yet they still don't have enough time to tell anything but a visually spark-noted version of the source material. Realizing this, it seems they've gotten bolder and tried to carve their own path out of Martin's narrative (and now that the great well of material has dried up this is all they can do) but the path they carve is a long lazy bend from point A to point B. Martin's was a labyrinth of clashing motives, ancient prophecy, the rise of magic, and complex and dynamic characters (something I can all but guess D&D regard as only mythical at this point). While I get you need to "clean up" and simplify the maze to translate it to the screen, it's the dark corners and wrong turns which make the payoffs so rewarding.The adventure is the journey as they say.

Sadly, knowing only the destination, D&D have gotten lost.

I am in total agreement with you, in fact can someone explain what Ser Davos story arc is now?

This is not the compression of a vast complicated story made for television, this is in fact mindless plot butchery.

He'll be off to get Rickon JUST LIKE IN THE BOOKS.

Stannis is dead! So it's the same end result. Jesus, y'all are pedantic.

5. Hollow and clumsy.

\

They've lost the magnitude of the events that happen in Martins world. When Jon Snow's murder is underwhelming...you've done something wrong. That scene needed to breathe, needed to be a slow trickle of realization that ends in a firecracker moment before fizzling away, leaving only the audience's shock to echo the impact. It was more like a post script. Th\

It was underwhelming in the books. Didn't strike me as significant, just a cheap cliffhanger, because we all know he comes back.

I am in total agreement with you, in fact can someone explain what Ser Davos story arc is now?

This is not the compression of a vast complicated story made for television, this is in fact mindless plot butchery.

No this is some characters having different arcs from their books. There is a difference. Davos story right now is that he's the prized knight of a fallen king who got sent to the Wall where he knows there is about to be a huge battle.

Again, some of you need to learn what plot holes actually are.

Ellaria wanted to start a war between Dorne and the Lannisters without the consent of Doran. Do you think she gives a fuck about Trystane? If she was smart, she should hope Jamie kills him to incite a war.

Ramsay's gf literally explained in the fucking scene that she could hurt Sansa however she wanted as long as it didn't prevent her from bearing children. She wasn't going to kill her or hurt her anywhere vital. She said as much.

A tribe of Dothraki surrounding Dany is not a plot hole.

He was bleeding out and in too much pain to resist the scarf, he didn't die faster because... Read up on stabbings. Unless you hit a vital area it could be a hellish long death.

Yes show watchers probably remember Margeary's husband who made Brienne a member of his KG and died by the shadow monster that came out of Mel's vagina. He was kind of important. Anyways Stannis losing isn't a plot hole. It likely happened in the book already unless the Pink letter is a lie.

Once again, no plotholes. and I'lll turn that around on you. Viewers who gave this a 1 clearly don't watch much tv and their gripes have more to do with the books

Wow, someone is a cranky pants. Glad you enjoy drivel. Me? I prefer more intelligent offerings.

It was underwhelming in the books. Didn't strike me as significant, just a cheap cliffhanger, because we all know he comes back.

It was a shock in the books, with slight of hand (which they tried to mimic with the Benjen thing), and without build-up; but it was certainly not underwhelming. There was weight to it, even in the simplicity of the writing. That did not translate well to the screen.

I'm not looking for build up or aftershock, but let the scene breath a little. Seemed rushed, and then came Olly towing all the emotional significance of a paperclip . . . doing just as much as a paperclip would to hold that scene together.

A great episode. Drawing strands together and showing a lot of the criticisms of the plot made during the year to be the carping in media res that i suspected it was.

A amazing final 3 episodes, as good as anything we have seen in this whole series.

Roll on season 6, and then maybe later in 2016 if we are lucky, Book 6

Edited by God-Emperor of Yi Ti

Best episode of the series. Leaving us insight of what will unfold in Season 6!!

Perfection!

Anyone scoring this lower than a 8 should just stop watching!!

Incredible!!

On the heat of the moment I gave it a 1 and only because there was no option for a zero.

The only reason I watch the show is to have a bit of spoilers in what is to come in the books at the moment. I'd have no trouble in not watching the show at all if only George would be so kind to be a bit quicker in his writing. Unfortunately he isn't so I watch this non-sense in the hope to figure out *something*.

The worst part for me in this show is that they keep treating everyone like an idiot.

After the pit scene, all the harpys magically disappered and the three stooges are all safe and moaning over the loss of the brat who actually abandoned them in the middle of a fight.

Jon's death had to be for way different reasons, reasons that actually made at least a bit of sense. I am supposed to believe that a score of grown man would have the same motivations which would be, if not reasonable, but at least understable for a kid.

And these are only two of the idiocies they have done. Arya is blinded by... What? Guilt? The faces game didn't even make any sense.

Sorry for the negativity. I'll sit back into my corner to contemplate how good it could have been and it wasn't.

Loved it, but even more entertining is watching the book fanboys meltdown with their usual claims of 'poor writing', and 'destroying Stannis' character'.

I just cant see how people dont see how it all makes sense. Maybe ive not been spoiled by the books so can see it at face value. However some of the misunderstanding im seeing is just a fundemental lack of understanding of human nature it seems.

While i havent read these books i have read others that have been adapted for TV, the same claims for 'ruining the books', l'ack of intelligence' and 'rushing' were made for those as well, but you know what? Pure book reader snobbery that they can never back up.

Edited by Rovex

It was a shock in the books, with slight of hand (which they tried to mimic with the Benjen thing), and without build-up; but it was certainly not underwhelming. There was weight to it, even in the simplicity of the writing. That did not translate well to the screen.

I'm not looking for build up or aftershock, but let the scene breath a little. Seemed rushed, and then came Olly towing all the emotional significance of a paperclip . . . doing just as much as a paperclip would to hold that scene together.

LOL. good analogy. okay, fair point. you're a really good writer, btw.

Wow, someone is a cranky pants. Glad you enjoy drivel. Me? I prefer more intelligent offerings.

I'm not cranky you just complained about plot holes and then had a full post of things that weren't even close to plot holes. And you're not the only one in this thread to do it.

I wouldn't talk about intelligent offerings when you make a post about something,that something being plot holes, and you fail to list a single plot hole.

Was this best episode ever? No. Like I said earlier, it's still a lot closer to being one of the better things on tv in the past week, than it is to being one of the worst. And atleast I find enjoyment from it. You're the one who apparently believes it's "drivel", thinks it's full of plotholes (but you can't list any that are actually plot holes) and yet you still watch it. So what's more intelligent, again?

8/10

Highs: Arya was the highlight of the episode, and Lena Haedy acting gave a satisfaction to the walk of shame, it was a great shot and great scene, Sansa and Theon was a good plot, loved it. is the snow so much to get this high fall? not sure.. Still all the acting by Stannis Baratheon is top class, "Go on, do your duty" . Jon Stabbing was alright, without the pink letter I was wondering how the show will do it, and the deception of Benjen did for me as well.

Lows: hated the cliffhanger of Stannis, if he died (which he should) he deserved to be shown dead, he is a big character and has/had lots of fans, people should have closure, I don't see any point of doing it this way. Dorne has to be a disappointment, I don't see any redemption on how bad it was, My countryman Alexander Siddig is the one and only good thing there, my main Low is the wisdom of Dario, they should him like Tywin Lannister, he is a freakin sellsowrd how can he give orders to everyone, bullix.