[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gonna do a rewatch before I rate it.

But a few impressions at this point are in order I guess.

Liked:

- Theon saving Sansa

- Cersei's WoS (really, really great)

- Ser Robert Strong

- Cersei's confession

- Tyrion's reunion with Varys (I'm really looking forward to the next season)

- Myranda - kind of.

- Arya getting her revenge on Meryn Trant (and the Hall of Faces)

- the setting up of FTW

- Sam taking action

- Dany and Drogon (the cgi was amazing IMO)

Not sure about:

- Dorne (Poor 'Cella)

- Brienne and Stannis (for that matter, Pod)

Gonna do a rewatch before I rate it.

But a few impressions at this point are in order I guess.

Liked:

- Theon saving Sansa

- Cersei's WoS (really, really great)

- Ser Robert Strong

- Cersei's confession

- Tyrion's reunion with Varys (I'm really looking forward to the next season)

- Myranda - kind of.

- Arya getting her revenge on Meryn Trant (and the Hall of Faces)

- the setting up of FTW

- Sam taking action

- Dany and Drogon (the cgi was amazing IMO)

Not sure about:

- Dorne (Poor 'Cella)

- Brienne and Stannis (for that matter, Pod)

It really was. Probably the best Dany/Drogon interaction to date.

Well, I started out watching the show, then turned to read the books and I'm not a book purist, but I'm done. This feels like a glorified cliffhanger version of Game of Thrones. Funny thing is that they give everyone a cliffhanger except for the only cliffhangers in the book, Jon and Stannis. For people wondering if Jon might not be done; Kit and Dan Weiss both admitted it's over.

The Stannis scene, up until the random Brienne in a middle of a battlefield here to kill you, felt very true to show Stannis. After he sacrificed his daughter and his wife was dead and all that he was always going to march on to winterfell and that last almost smile and pulling of the sword as boltons army closed in felt appropriate to the show version of Stannis.

Walk of shame felt too long for what was a packed episode/ Ungregor face could be seen a bit and he looked like a dumb zombie. Felt they should have shortened aspects of the scene and filled that time with an update on Marge & Loras so we know something going into next season.

Arya scene was fine.

Sansa scene was fine besides the ridiculous jump you'd never survive (and ironically had just shown someone dying from that height).

Dorne was more cartoony sand snakes standing around looking as badass as they can. If they aren't executed by Doran beginning of next season I'll be ridiculously confused. Why were they even allowed to come see the Kingslayer team off? They had recently tried to kill them but hey we're all good now so we're gonna tag along to say bye and not be checked for weapons/ poison? And nobody will notice me quickly apply poison to my lips and kiss the girl I recently tried to kill? No one stopped to think hey Trystane heir to Dorne is on the boat with people loyal to the princess were killing (and Arianne isn't in the show so we don't have a replacement for him)? Ridiculous it was all so ridiculous.

FTW didn't have that reasoning behind it that made it make more sense with the pink letter gone and everything, none of the nights watch guys seemed sad or were crying or anything like that so the scene really lost a lot of that conflicted sadness emotions when it goes down.

Edited by averde

Well, I started out watching the show, then turned to read the books and I'm not a book purist, but I'm done. This feels like a glorified cliffhanger version of Game of Thrones. Funny thing is that they give everyone a cliffhanger except for the only cliffhangers in the book, Jon and Stannis. For people wondering if Jon might not be done; Kit and Dan Weiss both admitted it's over.

They would, wouldn't they.

It really was. Probably the best Dany/Drogon interaction to date.

I also liked the GCI. I now think that it's difficult to model Drogon when he's flying or breathing fire, scenes where he is almost stationary are usually better than when he is mobile.

I always love Emilia-Drogon interactions to be honest. I thought they both nailed it.

Haha. Imagine this forum and Linda's twitter if they said in the inside the episode that next season Mell will resurrect him and he'll find out he is a Targaryen.

I was a little bit disappointed at first, but I liked the episode.

Drogon was more beautiful than ever. Incredible!

I loved the look on Stannis face after learning about the (logical) mutiny, Sylese's suicide and most of all: Mel's leaving. He knew he lost everything and knew he would lose the battle. Great actor. The disillusioned look on Mel's face when arriving at Castle Black, realising she's been wrong all this time, was great too. A lot of book readers complain about the Stannis scenes this season, but I actually think they were the best part of this season. If they would've spent a little bit more time to show that burning Shireen really was Stannis his last hope, this storyline would've been perfect.

Cersei's WoS was perfect. She looked so set to don't let it bring her down, but was completely broken at the end of the walk. I loved it a lot more when I rewatched it. The first time I was too nervous because there wasn't a lot of time left for FTW.

FTW felt a little rushed and I hoped Thorne wouldn't take part in it. I'm curious to know how the Unsullied feel about it. I was a bit disappointed they didn't show more than ADWD, because I don't like cliffhangers like that, but it looks like they want to give George R.R. Martin a chance to finish TWOW before season 6 and reveal how this continues himself.

Benjen in the recap, I've never been more trolled before. :lol:

First reaction was 6, now.. 8.