[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I feel sorry for some of you. You're so far gone in your hatred of any slight variance to the books you are missing a TV spectacle. Seriously if you gave this a 1 just stop watching it's clearly not the show for you.

Voted 10,the Arya going blind scene and the Dornish scenes were the only weak bits.the rest was great.

One could say that giving something clearly flawed a 10/10 is essentially doing the same thing

I feel sorry for some of you. You're so far gone in your hatred of any slight variance to the books you are missing a TV spectacle. Seriously if you gave this a 1 just stop watching it's clearly not the show for you.

Voted 10,the Arya going blind scene and the Dornish scenes were the only weak bits.the rest was great.

Oh, the irony.

3/10

I hated almost every part of it. For me it feels like I am done with the show. Never expected to think about it this way, because I liked seasons 1 to 4 a lot.

Here are my first thoughts on the scenes:

• Stannis:
    • 1/10. Stannis, Brienne, Melisandre - all storylines, characters and logic absolutely buchered.
    • selswords gone with all the horses?? why? because of the Shereen-burning?
    • Stannis now so depressed, that he knowingly goes on a suizide mission towards Winterfell?
    • If the numbers are in such a favor for Bolton - it makes no difference whether to die in an open field battle, or while trying to scale the well defended walls of Winterfell. It's just extended suizide.
    • Bolton force felt way to large. 2000 - 3000 mounted men. First I expected at least Littlefinger would appear with his Vale forces, to explain the huge Bolton army.
    • Brienne - after being absolutely dedicated to save Sansa before, now abandons her to mercy kill Stannis?

• Winterfell:
    • 2/10. Sansa/Theon suizide ends both character arcs in an absolutely pointles anti-climax
    • Sansa opening the door with the kork screw??? WTF!!
    • Sansa and Theon jumping to certain death. Due to the Shereen burning there is no deep snow pillow to save them, and those walls looked very high! Just suizide, killing the Sansa and Theon storylines completely. Would feel really stupid if they start next season with Sansa and Theon surviving this jump.

• Wall, Sam, FTW:
    • 1/10: Jon's and Sam's characters to much altered, FTW motivation not convincing, Thorne's character and motivation inconsistent.
    • Sam asking to be sent to oldtown (thus abandoning Jon), instead of Jon sending him
    • They made Sam way too quickly way too confident this season. He now feels almost like a stronger and more clever character than Jon.
    • Jon not even trying to explain to his brothers what he saw at Hardhome desaster, White Walkers and zombies.
    • Ghost nowhere to be seen. He should be by his side constantly!
    • No further motivation for FTW, and Thorne being complicit, even a leading part of the conspiracy! After he grudgingly already let Jon and the wildlings through the tunnel - where does his change of heart come from now? Now he has a dead Jon Snow and angry wildlings inside Castle Black, while before he could have denied Jon to cross the tunnel. Not to mention again, that Jon never should have arrived at the wrong side of the tunnel, when returning from Hardhome!
    • Ghost not even trying to save Jon, while before he miraculously had saved Sam. If Ghost was locked away to reduce trouble, they could have at least hinted that.
    • No hint to Jon warging into Ghost. Maybe they leave this part out, and let Mel just give him the kiss ... but why should she? If she hasn't willfully tricked Stannis into suizide, she left him because she recognized her failure to see the future correctly in the flames. Thus she is broken as well. Why should she now do any fire ritual for him?

• Arya
    • 5/10: face-magic, Jaquen-fake-out-magic and blinding magic a bit too fency for my taste
    • Trant is not only an evil pedophile, but he doesn't even fu** the girls, but only loves beating them - WTF?
    • How does Aray know how to use the faces? Nobody ever explained to her how to work this magic!
    • How did Aray get out of the brothel, after murdering a high profile customer??
    • Arya not killing the thin man - she could have done both.
    • Aray blinded would be expected - but she didn't have to drink any potion.
    • Jaquen fake was ok for a tv moment, but didn't make any sense after

• Dorne:
    • 1/10. Cheesy and pointless.
    • Myrcella dying without a "golden crown", making the "Maggy the frog" of Ep 1 scene utterly useless.
    • Myrcella dying immediately after a cheesy father/daughter moment.

• Kings Landing, Walk of shame
    • Was ok, but not overwhelming. With 6/10 points this was my "high" for the episode.

• Danny:
    • 2/10: khalasar ex machina
    • What's up with Drogon? Is he now depressed too? Or severely wounded? But then he shouldn't have taken her so far, but rested earlier!
    • Now after abandoning her friends last episode Danny recognizes that she is needed in Mereen??
    • A huge khalasar suddenly appearing from behind "Dothraky Mountains", just to circle around her?? Are they doing her homage already, because they saw her on the Dragon? Or is this supposed for another cheesy set up for a Drogon-saves-Danny moment again?

• Mereen:
    • 2/10
    • Tyrion giving stupid speach, telling things everybody already knows.
    • Varys appearing out of no where. I guess that's his "thing". But shouldn't he be in Kings Landing and at least kill Tommen, so that Myrcella could die AFTER being crowned herself??

After the season 4 finale I was still enthousiastic, and couldn't wait for the next season to come. Now after season 5 finale I feel they can end the show right now. I don't need another season from D&D.

9 - it was actually my favorite episode of the season.

Drogon was animated without a goofy face - hoo fucking ray!!!!!!!!! Seems like Drogon gets the stomach bug in the show version and not Dany.

Everyone needs bad pussy sometimes :D

Myrcella dying was just so fucking awesome. Glad Obyren's wife gave her the kiss of death, after she pronounced she was happy with being a child of incest.

Daario hanging shit on Tyrion made me smile.

Cersie's walk was cool. How did they do the body if it wasn't Heady's? How can they CG a body double better than a dragon? There must be like 5 different FX vrews working on this show, some of whom are great and some of whom are shit.

Just found the episode fun to watch, overall.

The stabbing was done in a clever manner that didn't necessarily require the Pink Letter, and Melisandre is still at the Wall to save him.

The scene for itself was ok, I even didn't mind the Benjen excuse. But:

• What was Thorne's motivation for being a leading part of the conspiracy? If he felt so strongly about the wildings - why did he do his duty before, when he let Jon and the wildlings through the tunnel?

Why was Ghost nowhere to be seen? If they at least had hinted, that he is locked away because he made trouble with the wildlings - I'd be fine with it. But now we are left in a situation where Ghost was not constrained, and he had appeared before to save Sam, now he for no reason doesn't appear to save Jon.

Melisandre now is in the same location like Jon's dead body. Yes. But what motivation should Mel have to perform any R'hllor fire kiss ritual on him? She looked very much broken inside, after she had abandoned Stannis. When the bad news about the sellswords came, she might have realized, that she doesn't have the capacity to interpret her fire prophecies correctly. Another interpretation of course would be, that she had tricked Stannis the whole time. But it didn't feel this way, and was never even hinted. So if she truly did believe in Stannis as the saviour before, her believes should be shattered.

<p>

[*]Melisandre now is in the same location like Jon's dead body. Yes. But what motivation should Mel have to perform any R'hllor fire kiss ritual on him? She looked very much broken inside, after she had abandoned Stannis. When the bad news about the sellswords came, she might have realized, that she doesn't have the capacity to interpret her fire prophecies correctly. Another interpretation of course would be, that she had tricked Stannis the whole time. But it didn't feel this way, and was never even hinted. So if she truly did believe in Stannis as the saviour before, her believes should be shattered.

I imagine she could sacrifice herself to save Jon.

And just when I got over my hatred for Stannis and start to appreciate him, the show does that. I felt sorry for that guy.

My condolences to the actors. They deserve better producers and writers.

-1 for no broken internet.

the only upside of the series being over is that there will be no reason to have to step into this cesspit of trolls for another 9 months, while thy continue the long wait for the sacred book to appear.

Actually the TV forum here is a much more positive and enthusiastic place during the off-season. It's full of people who enjoy the show. Or at least I hope it will be again - many of the more prolific posters at that time of year have disappeared during the on-season, perhaps overwhelmed by the negativity.

It does amuse me that the two most popular votes are 10/10 or 1/10 (the former seems rosy-eyed uncritical enthusiasm, and the latter absurd), but I guess this is the internet, and reasonable dislike or enjoyment just isn't done.

Melisandre now is in the same location like Jon's dead body. Yes. But what motivation should Mel have to perform any R'hllor fire kiss ritual on him? She looked very much broken inside, after she had abandoned Stannis.

Remember that when Thoros first resurrected Beric, he had no intention of doing so - they were just words he said when someone died, and he was as surprised as anyone when Beric got up (at least that's in the show - I can't remember what happened in the book). Who knows - coming to her god with humility may be what actually gives Mel the power she claimed, and perhaps thought she had, all along.

And with Sansa simply escaping like Jeyne did (with no manipulation of the Boltons),

Which leads to Sansa's leap. Again, as different from the book as we get, this feels close in spirit.

Do you really believe that Sansa and Theon could have survived that jump - and still "run" somewhere, without being found by Ramsey who is just returning to the castle? There was no deep snow to land on - so they should ba dead or at least severely injured. If they survive and escape it will feel utterly cheap and stupid.

Of course the could still turn it into a parody in season 6: Littlefinger just teleported back from Kings Landing with his knights from the vale. Conviniently they did bring a safety net with them and catch Sansa and Theon falling.

:cheers: