[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

6/10. I don't care that they killed Stannis (I didn't think he was going to win the Throne), but the fact the battle the show had been building up all season happened off-screen and Stannis was dead in a few seconds was just... bad. Rather than spend a 5-10 minutes the previous episode and this one on Meryn Trant (Did we REALLY need more reasons to want him dead?), they could have at least shown us the battle. The rest of the episode is good (Robert Strong, Cleganebowl, get hyped!), but how they handled Stannis was just awful.

The main reason I gave it a 10 was actually because I see how much MISERY it brought to you people HA HA HA HA HA! What a great episode. I hope half of you choose to gargle draino tomorrow. Never in my life have I seen such uptight people over a TV show. I mean, you have to take it for what it is. Even the original stories, you know, it's no Masterpiece like Welcome Back Kotter, or anything. It's no Space Ghost Coast to Coast or Cartoon Planet or anything.

It's no Night Court in it's 5th season, you know, so yeah, you know...just chill out. Everything's well HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Stannis died, but it should have been a flaying. We deserve to see that man flayed. Along with anyone else who says "Haters gonna Hate." Yeah, stupid, "haters" (stupid term) are going to hate a child killer. Even if it's just a TV show, that SHOULD turn decent people against the character. People who say that are like little siblings that get a kick out of being annoying and having no real redeeming qualities. But now that Stanna's dead...CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!...TAME TO TRACK AND RAPE SOME SANSA...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLHOO HOOHOOHOOHOOHIOOHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE AH....all of you die.

I love this show, but man, I hate it's fans. Except me, I'm awesome, as you can well see.

Leter bitches. Remember...draino. Totally painless. And George! Packing away more bacon than Hormel, going on 70...yeah, he ain't finishing anymore books. And the last page he's editing will be too smeared by the contents of his vomit, which will probably consist of 305.19 tons of pure whale blubber.

D&D RULE!

Do you really believe that Sansa and Theon could have survived that jump - and still "run" somewhere, without being found by Ramsey who is just returning to the castle? There was no deep snow to land on - so they should ba dead or at least severely injured. If they survive and escape it will feel utterly cheap and stupid.

Of course the could still turn it into a parody in season 6: Littlefinger just teleported back from Kings Landing with his knights from the vale. Conviniently they did bring a safety net with them and catch Sansa and Theon falling.

Pshaw. Obviously not a Doctor Who fan! We all know Littlefinger has a TARDIS, and when he gets there, he'll turn it sideways, and Sansa and Theon will fall in, with the swimming pool set up to catch their fall, just like for River Song when she jumped off a New York skyscraper.

(Goddamn, I like the show. I shouldn't be writing stuff like this.)

i give it a 6/10, mainy because i was glad to see some progression in the stroy and glad to see this torture of a season end.

good bits:

-WoS

-Robert Strong & Qyburn

-Daario & Jorah seemingly about to go off and go head to head

-Mel back at wall, looks like a clue to say Jon will be undeaded soon

-Davos lives

Middling bit:

-knowing Selyse & Stannis die, and at least Battle of Winterfell is over

-Sansa/Jeyne & Theon's arcs sort of kind of back to book level, they have jumped, I assume lived, and are in the snow trying to keep away from Ramsay. I expect next season will see them with Brienne & eventually at the wall where they can tell Davos to go find Rickon.

bad bits:

-Dorne.I love book Dorne. Why make Ellaria her polar opposite? Why reduce Doran to a weak, ineffectual, easily fooled buffoon?why sacrifice Trystane? I really hope we dont ever go to Dorne again on the series.

-FTW. Thorne?Sign stuck on wall?Sam abandoning Jon? Where's Ghost, & Wun Wun? How does Jon stay upright after being stabbed 5/6 times?no warging clues

-Myrcella dying after cheesy father/daughter moment

-Jaime's cheesy father/daughter moment

I am actually relieved this is over for another year.

It was a 1 for me.

Most people I know didn't watch this year, so I wasn't going to, either. Then I heard about Hardhome and I had to see it. It was as amazing as everyone said. So, I went back and watched the season.

But out of 10 hours, I feel like maybe 1-hour was excellent TV (Hardhome and many of the Stannis scenes).

The rest was honestly just eh to me... nothing outstanding. Lots of plot holes, lots of head-scratchers and lots of silly, illogical, make-no-sense moments.

I could complain all day, but put simply, I just don't enjoy the show like I used to. It just doesn't bring anything to my life like reading the books has.

Imo, this was easily the worst season (even if it included the best 30-min bit, Hardhome) -- and I really do feel like this: When D&D need to troll fans (as in Benjen) and actors need to bold-face lie (as in Kit) it speaks volumes about the work itself.

Edited by ipsuel

Are we gonna talk about how Balon fucking Greyjoy won the War of Five Kings?

Absolutely not. Let's sweep it under the rug for fear of being labeled as uptight, nitpicky and the likes

8/10

Didn't really like Sansa's cliffhanger ending- its making me question her whole story this season tbh. Same with Stannis- at least show how Brienne killed him(if D&D somehow bring him back I'll be speechless). Jon, Arya and Cersei were well done- particularly Cersei's walk of shame. That Benjen bait was awesome though- I read the books and even then I was still surprised xD.

1. What a fucking mess. The characters aren't anything more than caricatures at this point.

I was gonna rate it higher just because Cersei's walk was actually quite good... But I honestly can't get past how badly they fucked up Dany's final ADwD chapter. They actually expect us to believe anyone in their right mind would actually follow her? LOL, what a joke.

No, the plot holes in this show are GAPING plot holes. As has been pointed out many times.

No they havent at all, not even close. Most are just people unable to separate the show and the book, the TV show taken in isolation doesnt have such holes. There are a few mistakes yes, its sometimes rushed and a few things are under explained, but gaping holes? No.

Are we gonna talk about how Balon fucking Greyjoy won the War of Five Kings?

Speak too soon and you might jinx his victory. After all, Ramsay and his twenty good men are still out there.

No they havent at all, not even close. Most are just people unable to separate the show and the book, the TV show taken in isolation doesnt have such holes. There are a few mistakes yes, its sometimes rushed and a few things are under explained, but gaping holes? No.

The gaps in continuity are littered all over season 5....

As television, it was a 5. As anything that had any relation to ASOAIF, 1. But the larger point is, the writers have lost any sense of what a plot, even a tragic plot, is. Shakespearean tragedy has death and pain and suffering, but there is also a higher reason or purpose. This is just nearly random savagery, done to 'breka the Internet; on one night, and will not be re-watchable, and people will not be talking about it in the future. The TV show at least, as famous and lucrative as it was, will, I suspect not be a classic, although season 1 deserved this honor, and there were good moments, albeit decreasing, in 2, 3, and 4, 5 jumped the shark.

Do you really believe that Sansa and Theon could have survived that jump - and still "run" somewhere, without being found by Ramsey who is just returning to the castle? There was no deep snow to land on - so they should ba dead or at least severely injured. If they survive and escape it will feel utterly cheap and stupid.

Of course the could still turn it into a parody in season 6: Littlefinger just teleported back from Kings Landing with his knights from the vale. Conviniently they did bring a safety net with them and catch Sansa and Theon falling.

:cheers:

What would be really cheap and stupid is for Theon to die that way. After all these tortures, after finally getting back to Theon from Reek. He survived that jump in the books, he'll survive it in the show, doesn't matter how deep the snow was.

Wow, so much butthurt... So many 1 votes...

Anyway, they finally got to the Blind Beth part of Arya's storyline. So that's something.

With Stannis, I'm leaning more towards not dead, main reason being that when you kill one of your main characters, you at least show a body, or show somebody confirming the death. However, maybe they haven't decided what to do with Stannis and that's why it's uncertain.

Sansa and Theon, it's about time. And that annoying psycho no one cared about is finally dead...

Dorne... Is this really what they were talking about, that they will have a WTF moment that would save them or something? They just freakin' stood there. What a waste of a cast. Oh, and Myrcella is dead (unless Tristane can whip out some magical Dornish tears to save her). I don't really care about this death, although their conversation was a bit touching.

Well, Jon finally got the D. As in daggers. And it was... OK. Not as good as in the book, but eh... After dropping massive hints all season and having Ollie look constipated every time they had a scene together, painting him as an obvious traitorous little shit, we finally got to the point. To be honest, the bigger shock would have been not to go through with it, or have Mel (so conveniently present) give him a fiery smooch. Anyway, it is what it is. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that Kit said he will not be appearing next season, which makes me think that he will spend season 6 inside Ghost, possibly leading to a rez in 7.

Cersei' walk... Pretty well done. And Ser Robert was quite imposing.

9/10, because I want to mess with all the Butthurt Betties out there who gave it a 1 just because their crush favorite character just bit the big one.

The gaps in continuity are littered all over season 5....

Not really, the timelines dont run in exact parallel. They tend to meet up when interacting, but intermediate time is not always in the same frame. Thats unavoidable and nothing unusual for TV.

Gaps in explaination are left up to you to fill in. TV isnt the mindless medium people make it out to be, some things you have to figure out for yourself. So often on here ive seen people claim something doesnt make sense when a simple off screen event could have explained it. Thats what you have to do with TV.