[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

It's funny to read all the butthurt reponses that it's "immature/stupid/etc." to give this episode a rating of 1, but everyone is perfectly fine with giving it a 9 or a 10. If a 9 or a 10 is an acceptable score if you loved the episode, then so are 1 and 2 acceptable scores if you didn't like it. If you prefer less extreme ratings then give it a 7 or a 4. That's the whole point of a 1 to 10 rating system.

Uhuh, thats easy to say but can you defend your argument with examples on how this season wasn't immature? Can you point to some of the more mature scenes this season?

Edited by RedViperHD

Uhuh, thats easy to say but can you defend your argument with examples on how this season wasn't immature? Can you point to some of the more mature scenes this season?

Also, can you not only explain to me the big picture about story arcs and character development but the small filmmaking mistakes that make you slap your head and go "oh, no, it's Highlander 2." Like for instance, why did Myranda fall off the top of Winterfell and explode like a rag doll but we presume that when Sansa/Theon did it that they survived? Was it because of the two feet of snow at the bottom that still wouldn't have broken their fall? But, wait a moment, I thought the snow melted? "Oh, no, it's Highlander 2." Face palm.

Edited by RedViperHD

Hizdhars argument with Daario, Dany and Tyrion was fairly mature - but they had to kill him, because he was winning and no-one is allowed dot outsmart Tyrion, even when Tyrion is being stupid.

Also, some of the High Sparrow's dialogue was mature.

Finally, the grey bedding was fairly mature, as much as people hate it - it was probably the most beautifully sorrowful scene in the entire series.

I think you're misunderstanding the argument I was trying to make. I actually gave this episode a 1. While I loved the Walk of Shame and most of the actors (the actor for Stannis is amazing, which is why it hurts even more that he's nothing like bookStannis), this episode was imho so illogical, inconsistent and downright insulting to the intelligence of the viewers that I cannot bring myself to give it a higher score.

All the reasons why can basically be found in the 'rant and rave' thread. It was mostly the terrible FTW scene with a lot of wasted build-up and no aftermath that did it for me, plus the waste of screentime that is Dorne and the ruined character that is Stannis.

I think you're misunderstanding the argument I was trying to make. I actually gave this episode a 1. While I loved the Walk of Shame and most of the actors (the actor for Stannis is amazing, which is why it hurts even more that he's nothing like bookStannis), this episode was imho so illogical, inconsistent and downright insulting to the intelligence of the viewers that I cannot bring myself to give it a higher score.

All the reasons why can basically be found in the 'rant and rave' thread. It was mostly the terrible FTW scene with a lot of wasted build-up and no aftermath that did it for me, plus the waste of screentime that is Dorne and the ruined character that is Stannis.

I see. Yeah, I want to like it. So badly. I've watched it 3 times already and I just can't bring myself to like it. I feel like if I try to convince myself to like it that I should just go look in a mirror and slap myself in the face 100 times and say "shame" each time.

7 for me.

I gave same for Hardhome and only give more for the episodes seven and nine. What i disliked:

- Brienne being able to kill Stannis was again totally contrived writing like Water Garden fight

- i could not imagine we could have a season in Dorne and not get Fire and Blood speech (or its show equivalent) or without Doran and Sand Snakes saying a word to each other, but here we go....

- some other stuff felt weak: FTW and Theon´s redemtion (contrived fanservice, like Brienne killing Stannis), WoS (distracting cgi)

Edited by Mingolla

I'm starting to learn to balance my expectations for the show with understanding the quality of show that D&D are capable of in their simple little minds. So, my theory is this:

......Jon isn't dead. And Stannis isn't dead either. During season 6, we'll learn that Ned Stark and Joffery aren't dead either. They've just been exiled on a planet called Zeist, from which they all originally come from. Now, Michael Ironside will revive his role as General Katana from Highlander 2 and show up to attempt to kill Tyrion and Dany. But somehow, Jon, Stannis, Ned, and Joffery escape from Zeist and now become immortal in Westeros.......

1/10 for me... The show's an insult to George's writing. It's just sensationalist nonsense to my eyes... I have nothing against people who enjoy it but this is just not A Song of Ice and Fire. Certainly not what I remember reading.

I admit defeat.

I don't get it. Finale was the most watched episode ever for the series.

I gave it a 5. The show is full of continuity errors, plot holes, logic gaps, the fight choreography is terrible.

People love it. Bread and circuses baby.

People are drawn to blood, sex and controversial spectacle - it's as simple as that. If you could open the Colosseum now, you'd make a motza. Instead, because the Colosseum would be illegal, people tuned in to see how nastily a pedophile could be killed by a little girl on screen, what was going to happen to that guy who burnt his daughter, Lena Heady's fake vagina and exactly which major character death are people making a fuss over.

Considering AFfC and ADoD was about a 5 out of 10 combined as a book, working with that awful source material makes this season a complete and utter huge success. 10 out of 10. As said in Lost, 'It'll come back around'.

Some of your posts are beyond ridiculous and look to me like you are rear end hurt because it wasn't gospel. Please, just stop posting about your 1's and 2's because none of these episodes are anywhere close to being a 1 or a 2 or even a 3....

Maybe one day you will look back and realize it was a television show. Maybe...

Considering AFfC and ADoD was about a 5 out of 10 combined as a book, working with that awful source material makes this season a complete and utter huge success. 10 out of 10. As said in Lost, 'It'll come back around'.

Some of your posts are beyond ridiculous and look to me like you are rear end hurt because it wasn't gospel. Please, just stop posting about your 1's and 2's because none of these episodes are anywhere close to being a 1 or a 2 or even a 3....

Maybe one day you will realise not everyone shares your opinion and doesn't think this episode was worthy of more than a 1/2/3. Maybe... Edited by HelenaExMachina

I'll look back and realize that it was a good television show that turned into a bad television show. But you're right, one day, we'll all look back and see the genius of the line "you want a good girl but you need a bad pussy." Yep, William Shakespeare.

I keep wondering whether HBO is hiring people to come on here as show apologists. What do you get paid? Where can I sign up?

Isn't it a little suspicious that they all kept using the same phrase "rear end hurt?" Maybe they really are just part of an HBO spin/promotions/marketing team and they've all been told to bring home that point and use that phrase. Of course, from either an HBO team that brought you the line or from a fan that enjoyed the line, "you want a good girl but you need a bad pussy," an insult as childish as "you're rear end hurt" would be a natural and smooth transition.

Edited by RedViperHD

I'll look back and realize that it was a good television show that turned into a bad television show. But you're right, one day, we'll all look back and see the genius of the line "you want a good girl but you need a bad pussy." Yep, William Shakespeare.

:lol: made me cringe. At least they got one line right that captured our reaction for the world's worst fight scene "Oh for fuck sake" Edited by Nights King's Queen

It is kind of strange. I mean, it makes perfect sense that Benioff and Weiss' target audience wouldn't be very articulate in their defense of this garbage, but it's rather baffling that they'd go register on an internet forum just so they could throw a few vague insults and a bit of nondescript LAWL AWSUM praise of the show.

Edited by Facebookless Man

It is kind of strange. I mean, it makes perfect sense that Benioff and Weiss' target audience wouldn't be very articulate in their defense of this garbage, but it's rather baffling that they'd go register on an internet forum just so they could throw a few vague insults and a bit of nondescript LAWL AWSUM praise of the show.

You never know. If anyone watched True Detective then you'll remember that there was certainly a spin/marketing team that went around spreading rumors and pointing out little clues about what might happen at the end of the show. It starts and the fans catch on and it spreads like....wildfire!